Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Roger Moore

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I hate the Craig is falling behind Brosnan but I had to vote for Connery. He is the only choice. From there Craig hands down.

I'll just make a list:

1. Connery
2. Craig
3. Dalton
4. Moore (Just because I grew up with him as Bond)
5. Brosnan
6. Lazenby

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
I’m a big Bond fan, so I have a lot of thought on this subject.

It’s easy to end up judging each Bond more on the films they started in opposed to the portrayal of the character.

I’d rank them as follows:

1. Connery - the quintessential Bond. Advantage of being in the best films helps
2. Brosnan - also excellent.
3. Craig - the most violent. honestly just a fraction better than Dalton.
4. Dalton - don’t love his movies, but he brings a unique style.
5. Lazenby - like Dalton, a unique take on the character. By far the most unique portrayal, in arguably the most unique Bond film.
6. Moore - His delivery , humor and charm work well, but ultimately he’s just too ‘soft’ as Bond.

Also, while I rate Moore last, The Spy Who Loved Me remains one of my favorite Bond films.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
I think Dalton's Bond has gotten better with age. His violent portrayal was ahead of it's time. To me Brosnan's Bond was too much of a cartoon character.

Spot on about Dalton.

A lot of that had to do with the stories he was placed in. Those were all very "silly" to an extent.

Goldeneye is still fantastic tho.

Yea Brosnan gets dinged often as his non Goldeneye features are terrible.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I think Daniel Craig’s dark portrayal of Bond is really what Bond is and supposed to be. He’s a womanizer and basically hire for kill guy. You’d have to be ice cold for that job, and he’s nailed it. Connery would be my second, and Brosnan third. Some of the Pierce plots were laughable, and I felt like things were too colorful for what was supposedly happening. Goldeneye was for sure his best.

Moore just made a mockery out of that role. In real life he would have died in the first movie he did with his “abilities.”

Thread Info