Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://bloody-disgusting.com/the-further/3560366/wachowskis-developing-new-canonized-matrix-film/

Two years ago, it was reported that Warner Bros. was developing a reboot of The Matrix, the 1999 Keanu-Reeves starrer that put his Neo inside a robot-created supercomputer that he would eventually free mankind from. If Iā€™m remembering correctly, the trilogy ended with the twist that Neo was actually a virus that would kill the computer and save humans from robot-induced slavery.

There was a lot of hidden social commentary that, at the time, felt more like conspiracy gossip than reality. Now, nearly 20 years later, it holds more relevance than ever. But instead of a reboot, itā€™s sounding as if the studio and the respective filmmakers plan to revisit the original franchise with a canonized sequel (or maybe prequel?).

ā€œIā€™m super happy that the Wachowskis are not just doing a Matrix, but theyā€™re expanding what we all loved,ā€ John Wick 3 director Chad Stahelski, who worked on the original trilogy, told Yahoo. ā€œAnd if itā€™s anywhere near the level of what theyā€™ve already done, it wouldnā€™t take more than a call to go, ā€˜Hey, we want you to be a stunt guyā€™ and I would probably go and get hit by a car.ā€

They followed up by asking if the Wachowskis were directing the new film. ā€œIā€™m not sure of the overall,ā€ Stahelski replied. ā€œIā€™m not sure if Lana is.ā€

But theyā€™re involved? ā€œYeah. And if they wanted help, I would absolutely put down whatever I was doing to help them.ā€

This is welcomed news because remakes are becoming tiring, while canonized sequels are all the rage. Why disrespect the original franchise when you can continue the story?

Plug me back into The Matrix.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
tumblr_nfzpz42zlV1tskyv2o1_500.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info