Movie Rereleases

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
What's your opinion on movies being rereleased in theatres? It was a much more common thing back in the day before the advent of VHS/DVD movies when the only way to see a movie was at a theatre. Nowadays, you can go online and find practically every movie you'd ever want to watch in a minute. Yet, they still rerelease movies in theatres. Some of the movies they rerelease are great movies. The one that comes to mind is Jurassic Park. Some, were never big movies. The Boys and Girls Guide to Getting Down getting rereleased when Meghan Markle became popular comes to mind. With Cruel Intentions getting its rerelease this month, I had to ask myself, why are they doing this? What are your thoughts on this practice?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
They don't necessarily do a re-release either. Theaters just show older movies. Some do them on certain days. Like every Tuesday they show older movies. I like the idea and have gone to a few of them.

I enjoy movies at home. But there is something about seeing movies in a theater that is just different or "special". Partially of just the whole experience of going to a show and being at a theater. And now with the pre-sold seat that are recliners, it just adds that at home comfort to the experience.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Marcus does a lot of older movie showings. Its cool sometimes since there are a few movies that you will have a better experience on a big screen with the screw your ears sound system.

When they did Ghostbusters again in the theater, you bet your ass I took the family to watch it.

Terminator 2 would probably be a really good re-release option now as well.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Marcus does a lot of older movie showings. Its cool sometimes since there are a few movies that you will have a better experience on a big screen with the screw your ears sound system.

When they did Ghostbusters again in the theater, you bet your ass I took the family to watch it.

Terminator 2 would probably be a really good re-release option now as well.

The Marcus Cinema by me showed T2 recently.

Which was great, because I never got to see it in the theaters.

I also watched Transformers 1986 there as well.

I've gone to see Jaws and Die Hard as well.

Sometimes its nice to see them on the big screen again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info