Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Since AMC has pretty much nothing of real value anymore (and yes, I'm even lumping 85% of Better Call Saul into the mix)...better make another Walking Dead show...even tho their ratings are tanking.

https://www.slashfilm.com/new-walking-dead-spin-off/

AMC refuses to let The Walking Dead die. Ratings for the zombie show have been in a steady decline, and yet AMC has plans to make Walking Dead movies featuring Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes, as well as continue the Walking Dead spin-off Fear the Walking Dead. But even that’s not enough. There is now yet another Walking Dead spin-off in active development. What’s it about? AMC isn’t saying, but I’m going to take a wild guess and say it involves zombies.

When The Walking Dead returned with new episodes this month, it’s viewership was down 44%. That’s a huge drop, but the series is also the only real hit AMC has right now – so they refuse to give up. At this point, it seems not even a head-shot could put this show down. Rather than just hold fast with what they have already, AMC is going to test their luck with yet another spin-off.

During AMC’s quarterly earnings call (via Deadline), CEO Josh Sapan mentioned a second Walking Dead spin-off, and COO Ed Carroll added that this spin-off is in “active development.”

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Are they still making movies based off of TWD?

People hate this show now, myself included. Haven't watched it in years

It's a joke that they didn't end it sooner, and that shows in the ratings. I'd think that soured anyone's appetite for anything related to TWD going forward, so spinoffs and movies are probably a bad idea. Those only work when a show goes out on top

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info