Movie So a movie about Monopoly is coming...and it will star (guess before entering)...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Did you guess right?

Kevin Hart To Star In Monopoly Movie From Tim Story

help

The best details, believe me

Battleship was so last decade. Forget about that trash board game movie and look to a future — a future where capitalism reigns supreme and the commies are hung out to dry. That’s right. I’m talking about Monopoly. The only game that can turn a 1950s Leave it to Beaver nuclear family into sadistic mortal enemies.

It’s no secret Hollywood has been trying to crack this goldmine for quite some time, and it looks like Hasbro and Lionsgate are well on their way to finally adapting this into a live-action feature, Deadline reports. According to the outlet, Kevin Hart has signed on to star in the film and will re-join Night School and Ride Along collaborator Tim Story, who is set to direct. As of right now, this package is in final negotiations, so while it’s not set in stone yet, it is highly likely.

So what will this movie be about? Well, I hate to say it, but the current logline is under wraps, but the outlet states a previous version of the film “centered on a young man from the game’s modest Baltic Avenue on a quest to make a fortune.” Will this new iteration take bits and pieces from that? Only time will tell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info