Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
AND ITS A MOTHER FUCKING SEQUEL TO THE ORIGINALS :run:

Entertainment Weekly brings word that Academy Award nominee Jason Reitman will direct and co-write a new Ghostbusters movie, which will be set in the same universe as the first two films. Gil Kenan go-wrote the script with Reitman; Reitmanā€™s father Ivan Reitman, who directed the first two Ghostbusters movies, will produce.

ā€œIā€™ve always thought of myself as the first Ghostbusters fan, when I was a 6-year-old visiting the set. I wanted to make a movie for all the other fans,ā€ Reitman told the outlet. ā€œThis is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ā€˜80s happened in the ā€˜80s, and this is set in the present day.ā€

Sony Pictures will release the film in the summer of 2020 and are aiming to begin production later this year.

ā€œWe have a lot of wonderful surprises and new characters for the audience to meet,ā€ Reitman said, not yet indicating if any of the cast members from the original films will appear. Reitman did indicate that the new movie will not pick up from where the previous Ghostbusters movie in 2016 ended.

ā€œIt will be a passing of the torch both inside and out,ā€ Ivan Reitman added. ā€œIt was a decision he had to come to himself. He worked really hard to be independent and developed a wonderful career on his own. So I was quite surprised when he came to me with Gil and said, ā€˜I know Iā€™ve been saying for 10 years Iā€™m the last person who should make a Ghostbusters movie, butā€¦I have this idea.ā€™ Literally, I was crying by the end of it, it was so emotional and funny.ā€

EW
confirms that Sony remains in-development on an animated Ghostbusters in addition to the new live-action film.

Last edited:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1quick
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info