Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
This was fantastic. I loved it. The art style was incredible....tho I'm fairly certain they showed the movie in 3d but didnt tell anyone. At times it looked very strange. Awesome soundtrack as well.

The end credits scene...holy fuck :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This was fantastic. I loved it. The art style was incredible....tho I'm fairly certain they showed the movie in 3d but didnt tell anyone. At times it looked very strange. Awesome soundtrack as well.

The end credits scene...holy fuck :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Who pointed first? SPIDERMAN DID!

Also yes, it really did come out of left field for me. The initial trailers made me think it was a game or something more aimed specifically at kids.

But that's not the case at all with the movie. Its as legit a Comic book movie as anything in the MCU.

The art style does look better in 3d. But that's because they purposefully did the Red/Blue half-tone shifts on the edges. Like an overprint with bad registration ala old comic book style. In 3D the faked bad registration adds a very nice subtle touch to it. The the movie really doesn't do much of the In Your Face 3d tropes. The 3D is usually far more subtle.

And the scenes with the large Supercollider shrouded in grey mist after its damaged in the first fight scene is awesome and such contrast to the very bright colors. But the scenes content makes sense why they'd kill the colors.

Nicholas Cage as Spider-Man Noir is great, I didn't catch him the first time around till I watched the Credits.

off-reg.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Ya the art style was incredible.. Still convinced they showed the film in 3d tho.

I can't wait to watch a UHD/HDR version of this.

I later went and a saw it in IMAX 3D and was not disappointed in the least. It was just as great the 2nd time around as the first.

Hell, I could see it a 3rd time.

This thing is going on my Pre-Order 4K list as soon as its available.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
It was pretty good. I liked the end credit scene because I love that character. I also had a real "ah ha" moment when I learned who voiced that character. I would love to see a sequel. I like the live action MCU Spiderman more though. It was a cool addition and as a Spidey fan I like to see different takes on the character.
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION], I can see a sequel being centered around SpiderGwen since in the comics she can travel between dimensions.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This is kind of a little bit of a spoiler as some of the scenes come from near the end of the movie, but this clip is kind of the point where it all comes together and I'm all in.

Seen the movie 3 times now. 2 by myself, because hell yea, and once with my Nephew. My nephew was just as entranced with this movie as everyone else in the audience.

https://youtu.be/eazNXtXuohc?list=LLqkdGDuv2JSlZUqvuxjvtaQ

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Won best animated movie at the Golden Globes tonight.

I agree that it deserved it, however I wish that there had been better contenders

None of the other nominee's even come close to challenging Spider-Verse even if they weren't bad movies.

Best Motion Picture, Animated

Incredibles 2
Isle of Dogs
Mirai
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info