Any Dish Network people out there with HBO or Cinemax? WTF

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
HBO and Cinemax have been pulled from Dish Network, due to contract disputes. I HATE HATE HATE this bullshit tactic. Just fucks the consumers over. But what else is new. I'm sure this has NOTHING to do w/ the fact AT&T also owns DirecTV....nothing at all.

AT&T-owned HBO and Cinemax have been pulled from Dish's satellite TV service and the Dish-owned Sling TV streaming service over a money dispute, marking the first-ever blackout for HBO in its 46-year history.

In June, US District Court Judge Richard Leon allowed AT&T to complete its purchase of Time Warner Inc., the owner of HBO and Cinemax, saying there was no reason to believe that AT&T would use its market power to harm rival TV providers or consumers. AT&T is also the owner of DirecTV, Dish's primary competitor in the satellite TV business.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...ectv-lets-hbo-go-dark-on-dish-in-money-fight/

For once I'm glad game of thrones doesn't premiere until next year. They best sort this shit out. Wonder if I still have HBO Go tho.......

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
DirecTv started getting too expensive for everything we had. I think outside of our promotions, we were paying about $250ish. The best they could do to help me was give me $22/month off for having the 3 big premium channels.

I have Sling now and received the same email that HBO got dropped. I do have my in laws info and can always use HBO Go if I need to but there wasn't really anything I watched.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I don’t understand what you’re really saving over cable here? We are paying $155 for Xfinity with HBO/encore and 180mb Internet with an X1 box and a remote box. Granted we bought our own modem so that saves us $12/mo but still.... are you guys paying this price for satellite and then also paying even more for internet service? Or is that TV with internet service?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I pay 60ish for internet and 160ish for DTV. Having used Comcast and then DTV, DTV is superior imo. Comcast was fine but their customer service was garbage and TWICE they shut my cable off (with zero explanation) b/c they later claimed I never paid my bill even tho the money was gone. Fuckers. To be fair tho, I havent used Comcast in.....like..5 years? Aside from internet of course.

I switched to DTV when I moved b/c it was already set up for it and new customers got a killer deal. Now, every six months I basically just bitch and get promo pricing applied, to keep costs in check.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info