Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So the social media embargo has been lifted for the movie and........... It apparently doesn't suck. It has some bad parts but the overwhelming response is its the best DC movie since Nolans trilogy... Which... I suppose isn't saying much.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Wan manages to marry Arthurian fantasy and swashbuckling adventure with camp in Aquaman, a film that feels a little like a miracle in Warner Bros.’ catalogue of superhero movies. Left to its own devices and mostly unconnected from the films that came before it, Aquaman is one of the weirdest, oddball blockbuster superhero movies ever.

/Film Rating: 8 out of 10

https://www.slashfilm.com/aquaman-review/

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Shockingly, I've heard nothing but positive things. I'm willing to be a large part of that is because of Jason Momoa. The dude is just so charismatic and genuine..and by genuine, I mean he seems like a guy that actually loves what he does and it shows in every performance.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Crossed the 1 billion mark worldwide.

James Wan's superhero blockbuster Aquaman passed the $1 billion mark on Saturday, becoming only the third DC Comics adaptation to cross that major box office milestone. Previously, The Dark Knight took $1.004 billion in 2008 and The Dark Knight Rises crossed $1.084 billion in 2012. I went out to the third decimal place for a reason when noting those Batman receipts -- Aquaman's current gross has now topped The Dark Knight, making Aquaman the second-biggest DC superhero film of all time and the eighth-highest grossing live-action superhero movie ever made, behind the three Avengers films as well as Black Panther, Iron Man 3, Captain America: Civil War, and The Dark Knight Rises.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info