Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
When I worked at AMC 30, I built this movie and watched it before its release.

giphy.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Media sites have been putting out a TON of articles on his voice and the movie in general. Let me find the one that tackles his voice. Makes total sense and I agree.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/16/17574850/batman-dark-knight-christian-bale-voice

Bale deserves a bit of a break from the legacy voice criticism. There’s logic to the choice: Bruce Wayne is one of the most recognizable people on the planet, and the idea that he’d dress up in a bat costume and snarl at criminals is ridiculous.

Plus, while Batman Begins was all him, in The Dark Knight, Nolan and his sound engineers altered his voice in post-production. Initially, his voice in Batman Begins was going to be produced through a vocal distorter — similar to the one Stephen Amell uses in Arrow’s first few seasons — but they ditched it in the final film. (That said, keen-eyed viewers might be able to see the mics and speakers, which, while unused, were left in the cowl during filming.)

The voice, regardless of how you feel about it, took practice. An audition tape, included in The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition, shows that Bale had already begun experimenting with his Bat-voice before even being cast.

Per Nolan, on one of the extras: “Christian, somehow, figured this out before the screen test, that you could not give a normal performance, that you could not give an ordinary performance. You had to project massive energy through this costume in order to not question the costume. So it’s about feeling and a voice, and I think Christian’s voice was a big part of the impression he made in the test. He decided that Batman needed to have a different voice than Bruce Wayne; he needed to put on a voice that supported the visual appearance of the character.”

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
This fucking movie absolutely fucking owns ANY super hero movie, period.

Ledger put on a performance that's yet to be matched, or even come anywhere close.

Anytime I watch this flick I'm Absolutely flabbergasted at his performance.. just the subtle movements, the attitude... Un real and it's absolutely chilling to see what this role did to him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info