Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
That was SUPER quick :rofl:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/29/abc...t-about-black-obama-aide-valerie-jarrett.html

ABC announced on Tuesday that it would cancel the sitcom "Roseanne" following the star's "abhorrent" comments about former Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett.

"Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show," Channing Dungey, president of ABC Entertainment, said in a statement Tuesday.

Roseanne had apologized for her comments, in which she compared Jarrett to an ape, earlier in the day.

Barr said of Jarrett in the since-deleted tweet: "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj."

"I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans," Barr wrote on Twitter. "I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me-my joke was in bad taste."

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
The hypocrisy train just keeps on rolling.

Do I agree with her comments, no, in fact i can't stand Roseanne. But that's just as bad as some other famous people who've made comments about Trump having an incestuous relationship with his daughter, and they are still in their positions, have not had their shows canceled, and get zero media outrage over it.

Free speech is only free when a liberal agrees with it...

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I can’t stand these fucking asshole liberals always trying to steal my gun rights and my rights to use words freely.

The other day I was walking down the sidewalk and I tripped on a crack. If the liberals weren’t so busy lobbying for lazy fucks to stay on welfare maybe municipalities would have enough of my tax dollars to fix the sidewalk.

I hate the liberals, they cause all of the problems in my life. Damn liberals.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
She should have known better considering she was being looked upon with s microscope.

It’s too bad. I enjoyed the show then and now. Even more so now. Her show was a breath of fresh air as it tackled right and left side issues with a touch a humor.

Hopefully for me, another network will pick up her show.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
The hypocrisy train just keeps on rolling.

Do I agree with her comments, no, in fact i can't stand Roseanne. But that's just as bad as some other famous people who've made comments about Trump having an incestuous relationship with his daughter, and they are still in their positions, have not had their shows canceled, and get zero media outrage over it.

Free speech is only free when a liberal agrees with it...

Agree

And, wouldn’t say she was incorrect with the VJ comparison.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I can’t stand these fucking asshole liberals always trying to steal my gun rights and my rights to use words freely.

The other day I was walking down the sidewalk and I tripped on a crack. If the liberals weren’t so busy lobbying for lazy fucks to stay on welfare maybe municipalities would have enough of my tax dollars to fix the sidewalk.

I hate the liberals, they cause all of the problems in my life. Damn liberals.

My point exactly, here we have a smartass comment being posted, when someone's constitutional rights are being infringed upon. All fun and games I guess when something isn't being taken from you though.

You would be singing a completely different tune if you said something a bunch of people didn't agree with, then go after your job and try and blackball you. Same shit that happened to Tim Allen, Mel Gibson, etc. I still happen to believe in this thing called "freedom". If people don't want to watch her show, i could understand it being cancelled then. But it's one of the best running shows on TV now, and it's being canceled because of a group of intolerant leftist twits. Business as usual.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Cross between Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes? Really?

Roseanne pulled a Paula Deen.

Didn't help that ABC's CEO is black.

SJWs are all over Twitter talking about how good this is for everyone. Yeah, good that a huge over reaction put a couple hundred people out of work through no fault of their own and took one of the few conservative shows off TV. Actually, 2 conservative shows if you count The Middle's series end last week. Tim Allen is probably hiding and sweating today.

ABC now has a glaring hole on Tuesday nights after losing both shows.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
This has nothing to do with free speech. Free speech doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want without being fired

Agreed, there's a line though. I don't think what she said warranted having her show completely shitcanned, and I don't personally like Roseanne.

If it was bad, people would stop watching, and her ratings would fall. THEN a cancellation would be warranted. Her show has some of the highest ratings on TV though. Let the people decide, not some dipshit on ABC who got their panties in a bunch over a trivial comment.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
My point exactly, here we have a smartass comment being posted, when someone's constitutional rights are being infringed upon. All fun and games I guess when something isn't being taken from you though.

You would be singing a completely different tune if you said something a bunch of people didn't agree with, then go after your job and try and blackball you. Same shit that happened to Tim Allen, Mel Gibson, etc. I still happen to believe in this thing called "freedom". If people don't want to watch her show, i could understand it being cancelled then. But it's one of the best running shows on TV now, and it's being canceled because of a group of intolerant leftist twits. Business as usual.

No free speech/constitutional rights are being infringed on here.

Was Roseanne thrown in jail or charged with a crime?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
No free speech/constitutional rights are being infringed on here.

Was Roseanne thrown in jail or charged with a crime?

She lost her job. Yet that "funny" lady was at the presidential dinner saying worse shit and Netflix gives her a series. Makes sense.

If its ok for one person to do it, its ok for everyone to do it. Or no one. Cant be wishy washy. That goes for both sides.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info