Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Did a quick search and we have a few threads on the show but nothing dedicated. Started my yearly go through of the show yesterday. It gets better with every view (except the druggy Vince season).

As I often do with my repeat viewings, I start to read up on the show and learn backstory on stuff...apparently Piven is a big time asshole and potential scumbag off the show :rofl: Not shocking but somewhat is...as often the assholes on tv arent even close to the actual actor off camera.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Did a quick search and we have a few threads on the show but nothing dedicated. Started my yearly go through of the show yesterday. It gets better with every view (except the druggy Vince season).

As I often do with my repeat viewings, I start to read up on the show and learn backstory on stuff...apparently Piven is a big time asshole and potential scumbag off the show :rofl: Not shocking but somewhat is...as often the assholes on tv arent even close to the actual actor off camera.

I'm on season 5 right now actually, they're on the set of smokejumpers.

I hadn't watched the show since before it ended, and with nothing else of value on TV anymore, figured why not start from the beginning

the wife is hooked on it now too. I agree i'm not excited for druggie vince

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Entourage is basically how TCG pretends to be....banging super hot women, having money, bottle service all the time....so.....yes, watch it.
[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION], thats an accurate description, ya?

Pretty much yeah spot on. Great show, manages to be an in depth character piece while never taking itself too seriously. Seasons 1-3 are my favorites, as well as season 8. I enjoy it far more when they’re all living together.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
[MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION]

None of this makes much sense out of context, and, these really aren’t highlights this is pretty much on par with the entire series.

Essentially you’re not going to waste your time watching it. Get a few episodes in all at once, the pilot is kinda jumpy but it falls into rhythm by episode 3-4

My avatar is Ari Gold in arguably one of the most memorable scenes of the entire series...

https://youtu.be/wgbv1NDo6T0

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Entourage is basically how TCG pretends to be....banging super hot women, having money, bottle service all the time....so.....yes, watch it.
[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION], thats an accurate description, ya?

The "obtainable dream cars" thread and my love for the Quattroporte's is a direct result of this series. I pretty much aspire to live their life with a little McHenry drizzled in for effect :rofl:

This is probably my favorite show of all time. I've seen it start to finish easily 20 times. We have slowed down on it recently and really only watch it once a year now. There are a *ton* of background characters that are actually well known actors now.

Same here, every six months or so I start it again and it takes me about 3 weeks to go start to finish.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
When they walk the red carpet to Eminence Front, probably my favorite scene.

In the movie? Yeah same. And I wasn't a huge fan of the movie overall. Still good, but, the "movie plot" part with the oil guys just kinda felt like it was thrown in there so it just wasn't a 2.5 hr episode of the TV show.

Which I was OK with, but still.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info