Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
This should be interesting :rofl:

J2VSa4w.jpg

With a bald head and a heavier figure, Christian Bale is ready to play former Vice President Dick Cheney.

The actor, 43, who regularly undergoes dramatic weight transformations for roles, will play George W. Bush’s second-in-command for the upcoming movie Backseat.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Does this guy just enjoy completely changing his body and appearance on a regular basis? No other actor in hollywood is even half as extreme as bale.

I guess he's at least had a little break recently, but from 2000 to 2014 every 2 years he was taking on roles that required him to look the complete opposite of the role prior. It's crazy

ignore the sketchy source, but this does a good job of visualizing everything

Christian Bale’s Weight Losses And Gains Throughout His Career

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I agree, but i guess i just view incredibly rapid & unhealthy weight loss/gain as a distraction from what really matters (acting), but i'm not an actor so what i think doesn't really matter lol. Add to that the fact that you know he had more logical roles available to him and it seems to me like this is something he looks for.

i'll never understand how he pulled off those transformations from 2002-2006 without damaging some organs and ending up in the hospital. Weight fluctuation that severe is unheard of unless you have a serious illness

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I really wanna see this. Its getting awesome reviews.

https://www.slashfilm.com/vice-review/

Adam McKay‘s Vice is a funny, infuriating look at the life, times and alleged crimes of Dick Cheney, former Vice President of the United States. As played brilliantly by a nearly unrecognizable Christian Bale, Cheney is presented as the dark force that drove modern American politics into the ground, essentially creating the nightmare we’re stuck in today. This is an unsubtle, difficult, often depressing film. It’s also one of the year’s best.

Bale, as Cheney, is nothing short of astonishing. Overweight and often buried under highly convincing make-up, the actor disappears into the role. He becomes Cheney, right down to the way that Cheney talks out of the side of his mouth. Cheney is a man of few words, allowing Bale to play up the character’s mannerisms, and his cold, unfeeling looks. Bale and Adams work together magnificently, both making their characters their own. Never once do they seem to be acting – they’ve almost literally transformed into the historical figures they’re playing.

/Film Rating: 9 out of 10

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info