Movie Ready Player One

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I downloaded the audiobook but havent listened to it yet. Guy at work says its pretty good.
I'll have to do that so I can listen to it while I'm working.
thats the same way i got the book :bowrofl:

I dont even know where its at right now. Its around here somewhere
All I know is that my book is somewhere in my garage. Lol. That's if I didn't get rid of it. Lol

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
So what exactly is it about? I'm intrigued.

In the future, the world has gone to hell. Overpopulation, energy crisis, war, etc... There exists a computer simulated world called The Oasis that basically everyone spends all of their time in. It looks and feels like the real world to everyone due to advanced VR technology and special clothing to simulate touch and that sorta stuff. The creator of this world has died. His will states that the winner of his contest will inherit all of his money ($240,000,000,000) and ownership of the company. You're heard of easter eggs in games? He's programmed 3 hidden keys, that unlock 3 hidden gates. Whoever can solve his puzzles to find the keys and unlock the gates, will win everything. The corporation IOI (basically Comcast) has hired a huge team of people to solve this for them so they can get the money, take over the company, and basically own the world. Wade (the main character), along with other individuals want to win the prize for themselves and to stop the evil Comcast from ruining the world. Since The Oasis is computer simulated, basically anything can happen, and does.

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
Just based off of the trailers, I'm noticing differences. I encourage everyone to read the book or listen to the audiobook before seeing this. That way you won't see the movie and say "now I don't have to read the book" or "that wasn't very good, I'm not gonna read that". Even with Steven Spielberg involved, I fear another Ender's Game situation where they ruin something I love.

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
This movie was GREAT! I've read/listened to the story 5 times. I went in expecting to like it, but be let down when comparing it to the book. It wasn't the book. They changed a lot around. I won't go into it for fear of spoiling. Even though they changed a ton, it still felt like the same enjoyable story at heart.

P.S. - Great use of their one allotted PG-13 F-bomb.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info