Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Without del Toro and Perlman. To be honest, Ive only seen bits and pieces of the movies and never understood the huge appeal or desire for even the 3rd movie (that never got traction).

Big red is coming back to the big screen in a planned R-rated reboot of the Hellboy series. Hellboy creator Mike Mignola confirmed the news on Facebook, specifying that the reboot would be directed by Game of Thrones director Neil Marshall, and star David Harbour — best known for his role as Stranger Things' Jim Hopper — as the titular demon.

Negotiations are reportedly ongoing between producers Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin, who own the rights to the films, and movie studio Millennium, but the end product is set to be an R-rated refresh. Mignola himself is reportedly helping to write the new movie, which has the working title Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/9/15589120/hellboy-reboot-movie-stranger-things

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
nEZvct0.jpg

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I heard that Del Toro waited quite a few years to get Pearlman for Hellboy in the first place. I really enjoy the first two movies. I like Harbour in Stranger Things, he's been meh in the other stuff I've seen him in.

Marshall looks to have a ton of TV episode director credits, Westworld, the new Lost in Space, 2 episodes of Games of Thrones (Watchers on the Wall and Blackwater(which itself was a badass episode)), and the movie The Descent which I've heard wasn't too bad.

Anxiously awaiting the trailer though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info