Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
'Edge of Tomorrow' review | The Verge

For a change, though, Cruise isn’t the all-confident hero: Cage is a coward and certainly too old to be a fighting soldier. But Cruise wears his limitations lightly. For the actor, human weaknesses like age or squeamishness are mere trifles to overcome, and his commitment to Cage’s buried decency gives the performance a rugged dignity. And Cruise has learned not to be a star who has to dominate his movies: Blunt’s hard-as-nails character gets all the best one-liners, while he uses his familiar, slightly hammy bug-eyed intensity to wring laughs from his character’s impossible situation. There’s been talk that Edge of Tomorrow could be one of summer’s bigger bombs, and the tracking hasn’t been very promising so far. It would be ironic that after years of being one of the world’s biggest stars, Cruise could be entering a period where his work actually gets overlooked. If so, Edge of Tomorrow will be Exhibit A in the case for why he’s still killing it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
My daughters saw it today and both loved it. They liked the fact that the plot is logical and makes sense. Also commented on the movie not feeling like it's over two hours.

I think that's why they had to end the movie the way they did. The movie was already really long. It could probably have used five more minutes to expand on the ending.

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
Yes, totally. I mean, WTF happened there?
Did he get covered in the omega's blood and just teleport slightly further back in time than before? Why did all the humans who died come back to life, while the aliens all died? If the day reset, shouldn't everything still be alive? I can not think of a single explanation that explains how things could have ended up the way they did.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
My daughters saw it today and both loved it. They liked the fact that the plot is logical and makes sense. Also commented on the movie not feeling like it's over two hours.

I think that's why they had to end the movie the way they did. The movie was already really long. It could probably have used five more minutes to expand on the ending.

It might have needed even more than that. That's the only part that left me puzzled. It was a "inception" type ending where you're just going to make your own conclusions I guess.

I need to see this.

Yes, yes you do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info