SUV storage solutions with grandprixiraqvet going off topic again

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
wait so the OMG ecoboosts are the bestest are getting worse mileage than the pushrod v8s from GM?

What amazes me is the mileage on the 2015 tahoe i had when i got rearended in my navigator last spring.

Low 20s easy thats prolly why im biased on the fullsize suvs great mileage on a full size suv tons and tons of room and plenty capable to tow a camper or boat or car or anything id need. my kids loved the drop down dvd in the navigator and tahoe rental we had. I just cant justify anything else when a tahoe can get 20s mpg.

Also look at the AWD Escalades making what like 400 hp and still getting 20 mpg too.

Those kinds of capabilities space comfort and mpgs i wouldnt even consider anything smaller than fullsize.

For the record too i fucking hate the 2016 Edge my wife has. Yes its loaded and AWD but its a gutless wonder even with the V6 and could barely tow the baby camper we used 4th of july weekend. its got a class3 reciever but its not worth a damn for anything bigger than a yard trailer and lawn tractor. The seating position is like riding my dining room table and the gigantic windshield glares like crazy.

So :fu: she traded a Navigator on that junk all because she wanted something newer with less mileage. Whatever i get it she wanted to be in something smaller too and didnt want to have to worry about vehicle issues when i get deployed again come march.

Ill have another fullsize suv soon so i dont have to drive my mustang through another winter.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
It's incredibly easy to get terrible MPG in an EcoBoost. They make boost quick and dump fuel when making PSI, and without a boost gauge to monitor your pedal you have no idea as to how soon it starts coming on. It will literally blow your mind that it's making 3-4psi at 15% throttle at 20mph.

Also, full-size trucks are huge. My truck is closing in on KJ's 3500 CCLB. On one side I think it's great I can get a 150 with massive interior room (because I use it often) and not have to daily a Super Duty but on the flip side this thing is a bit much in the city or heavily populated areas. It just doesn't fit with it's 157" wheelbase & over 20' length

This sounds like the engine is too small and is always in boost that is why the mileage is piss poor then in order to grunt a big pickup around.

Boost at 20mph seriously? is the engine working that hard or does the gearing suck i dont get this at all.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
loading anything taller than like 3' sucks in an suv. or just isn't possible.

cmon wuss i thought you were a big dude im just 5'8" remember maybe you should hit the gym. Or have a smaller pickup that a school bus? :s00ls:

Navigator rear hatch is pretty low esp being on air ride and indp rear. that helps. It was lower than the tahoe forsure.

As for bigger items yes id have to put it on a trailer. For the amount of times that would be necessary id still take the size space comfort capabilities and mpgs at ~20s for a fullsize suv.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
loading anything taller than like 3' sucks in an suv. or just isn't possible.
I was enticed by the prices of burbs and tahoes but they flat out wouldn't work for me. Can't move more than 1 dirt bike, can't get 4 bicycles in the back without disassembly, can't move a fridge easily, etc.

This thing compared to a crew cab Tacoma (which is in its actual class) and this thing still wins by being smart and being more truck

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
cmon wuss i thought you were a big dude im just 5'8" remember maybe you should hit the gym. Or have a smaller pickup that a school bus? :s00ls:

Navigator rear hatch is pretty low esp being on air ride and indp rear. that helps. It was lower than the tahoe forsure.

As for bigger items yes id have to put it on a trailer. For the amount of times that would be necessary id still take the size space comfort capabilities and mpgs at ~20s for a fullsize suv.

it's not lifting it in, it's that it doesn't fit :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
What could possibly not fit in your school bus? then again you sort of handicapped it by putting a topper on it. So now you basically have a giant unheated no carpet no 3rd row seats SUV...........

we were talking about suv's.

the bed of my truck can hold plenty, heigh-wise too. a suburban can not.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
A 4 bike rack adds like 4' to the back of a 20' vehicle. It's kinda sketchy as fuck and being rearended would be one hell of a pricey bill for someone.

Roofrack? but yeah i get its always going to be a compromise. Trying to avoid what ifs is pretty much inpossible. Besides id hope you have them bikes insured on home owners or something. Me personally if some tard rear ended me oh well it would be covered.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Roofrack? but yeah i get its always going to be a compromise. Trying to avoid what ifs is pretty much inpossible. Besides id hope you have them bikes insured on home owners or something. Me personally if some tard rear ended me oh well it would be covered.
Then I'm lifting bikes over my head, they're getting covered in bugs, etc.

My homeowners would cover my shit I'm sure if I needed it to but when I've got 3 other bikes on my vehicle (in the $8-10k range each), yea it's going to be a hell of a claim/argument and a huge fucking bummer for everyone. Or I can just put them in the bed of a truck in 1 minute.

Also still wouldn't be a solution for dirtbikes, moving large shit, etc

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
REPOST, notice it gets filled up.

Don't mind me....

Normal:

19593-official-bored-thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348713651.334121.jpg

Today:

19594-official-bored-thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348713673.230299.jpg

Saggin ass like a work truck should

19595-official-bored-thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348713704.293529.jpg

Building a shed. 16x8... That is almost all the lumber. Including two 6x6x16 beams on the trailer. Menards took 1k of my hard earned money!

19599-official-bored-thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348750179.114799.jpg

Packed? Fuck yeah!

...Real Truck Shit Just Passing Through

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So then wouldnt a Ridgeline and a trailer be a better fit for you? What do you haul or tow thats so gigantic with the 1 ton?

i wanted an 8' bed, and a crew cab. i wanted 8' bed to haul anything and everything i could ever want to turn my truck into a sort of adventure/expo truck, and not have to leave anything at home ever.

3/4 ton vs 1 ton. didn't matter.

not many crew cab 8' bed 1500's out there.

i wanted a 3/4 ton or 1 ton also because game plan is 10,000lb ish trailer-weight boat in the near future.

that okay with you?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info