Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > General Discussion > On Topic

User Tag List

Like Tree24Likes
  • 10 Post By Mook
  • 4 Post By VenomousDSG
  • 1 Post By Bruce Jibboo
  • 1 Post By Shawn1112
  • 1 Post By Bruce Jibboo
  • 1 Post By Spivitz
  • 1 Post By DEEZUZ
  • 1 Post By Bruce Jibboo
  • 1 Post By Bruce Jibboo
  • 2 Post By sickmint79
  • 1 Post By N20GT

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2019, 04:20 PM   #1
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 160,073
Casino cash: $93445000
36.03 per day
Default Cure for Cancer within a year?

Even if true, I would expect this team to mysteriously die in a plane crash. Too much money in NOT having a cure.......or, the cure will only be available for those with $$$.

Either way, fuck cancer.

Scientists expect cure for cancer in 1 year - Story | WFLD

Quote:
NEW YORK (FOX 5 NY) - Scientists in Israel announced this week that a cure for cancer was possible within the year.

The new treatment called MuTaTo (multi-target toxin) is more like a cancer antibiotic, said Accelerated Evolution Biotechnologies CEO Dr. Ilan Morad.

In an interview with The Jersulame Post, Dr. Morad explained that the new treatment involves using several "cancer-targeting peptides for each cancer cell at the same time combined with a strong peptide toxin that would kill cancer cells specifically."

The cure would be effective from day one and the patient would be administered exactly the molecule cocktail needed to cure the disease.

MuTaTo could render cancer a manageable disease like AIDS became following the discovery of the triple drug cocktail.

It could also reduce the sickening side-effects of most cancer treatments, according to Morad.

Cancer is the second leading cause of death worldwide.
__________________
- TCG Owner & Operator -
Mook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:58 PM   #2
Smells own farts
 
VenomousDSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Yorkville, il
Posts: 13,264
Casino cash: $44552895
2.75 per day
Default

Theres been cures and advanced treatments for a while now, the government suppresses it because theres no money in cures. The health industry, drug companies, and insurance companies would all be in a world of hurt financially if one came out. Many jobs lost.
__________________
2003 DSG Cobra
1999 Performance Red GT (SOLD)
VenomousDSG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:59 PM   #3
 
MrDragster1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: RT 66 area
Posts: 3,084
Casino cash: $37210200
1.11 per day
Default

.


I'm not a conspiracy theory type guy, but I have always wondered how in the hell they haven't cured cancer yet???
They can do amazing things, but after spending billions of dollars, no complete cure yet??
Plenty of longevity treatments, temporary cures, but no complete cure???

Let's hope it's true.
Especially for someone like me, with a high probability of recurrence
You only get lucky so many times.

.
__________________
Another great day up at Byron Dragway!!!!!

94 avatar by J L, on Flickr
MrDragster1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:00 PM   #4
Smells own farts
 
VenomousDSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Yorkville, il
Posts: 13,264
Casino cash: $44552895
2.75 per day
Default

A very good documentary if you have the time.

VenomousDSG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:31 PM   #5
 
radioguy6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Posts: 6,816
Casino cash: $31630550
1.67 per day
Default

Fuck cancer. I hope to see a cure in my lifetime, lost too many friends and family to it. I also think we are all being lied to, because a cure would mean a surge in people living longer. Population control?
__________________
2017 Infiniti Q50S AWD
radioguy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:41 PM   #6
I haz dat teddy bear smile.
 
10sec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 23,023
Casino cash: $89223925
5.74 per day
Default

Fuck cancer.
__________________
2005 S2000
10sec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:14 PM   #7
 
MrDragster1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: RT 66 area
Posts: 3,084
Casino cash: $37210200
1.11 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioguy6 View Post
Fuck cancer.
I hope to see a cure in my lifetime, lost too many friends and family to it.
I also think we are all being lied to, because a cure would mean a surge in people living longer.
Population control?

It would definitely screw up the liberals plans to control everyone & bribe the stupid for their votes.
If 10's of millions start living to 110 and everyone young is a welfare whore,
there won't be any hard working contributing members of society to pay into SS & medicare!!!!


.
MrDragster1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:30 PM   #8
 
Bruce Jibboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Elgin
Posts: 19,634
Casino cash: $148710800
4.77 per day
Default

There is no cure for cancer and will never be. Only prevention or if your LUCKY and your turn your shit around (lifestyles) to build up your immune system to defeat it.

That may change once technology and biology merge more...

This guy got an implanted pump to replace his heart.. no heart beat.. just consistent blood movement and his physiology supports it..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eat-PULSE.html
N20GT likes this.
Bruce Jibboo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:38 PM   #9
 
MrDragster1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: RT 66 area
Posts: 3,084
Casino cash: $37210200
1.11 per day
Default

.

Isn't that what they are working on now, ways to turn on the correct response from our own bodies???
If we can do it by eating cleaner, keeping crap out of our bodies, why can't they discover a chemical or trigger of some kind to do it??

.
MrDragster1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:41 PM   #10
 
Shawn1112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 6,462
Casino cash: $69613300
1.97 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioguy6 View Post
I also think we are all being lied to, because a cure would mean a surge in people living longer. Population control?
I have been saying this for years.
DEEZUZ likes this.
Shawn1112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:45 PM   #11
 
Bruce Jibboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Elgin
Posts: 19,634
Casino cash: $148710800
4.77 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDragster1970 View Post
.

Isn't that what they are working on now, ways to turn on the correct response from our own bodies???
If we can do it by eating cleaner, keeping crap out of our bodies, why can't they discover a chemical or trigger of some kind to do it??

.
It's so fucking simple its stupid.

The equation is toxic load vs nutrient/mineral deficiencies..

You go to these doctors and hospitals and not only do they not address the deficiencies but they up your toxic load and wipe out your immune system with with medications fucking up the gut flora (where 80% of your immune system resides) and radiation/chemo to wipe out the rest.
N20GT likes this.
Bruce Jibboo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:50 PM   #12
The Throttle is ur friend
 
Spivitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 60191
Posts: 21,352
Casino cash: $1151631300
8.61 per day
Default

Seriously, Fuck Cancer
__________________
2008 AWD Forged 365 SS
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Hemi
2005 88ci Scoot
Spivitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:51 PM   #13
The Throttle is ur friend
 
Spivitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 60191
Posts: 21,352
Casino cash: $1151631300
8.61 per day
Default

Dave M likes this.
Spivitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:52 PM   #14
 
Bruce Jibboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Elgin
Posts: 19,634
Casino cash: $148710800
4.77 per day
Default

Its turned into (and maybe always was) an "east" vs "western" medicine debate but all that bullshit debate has to go.. Certain things from both sides will prove to be scientific FACT or complete bullshit.

We all make 10,000,000,000 cells a day and 10,000 are cancerous... its only when the DNA gets damaged and the immune system can't respond correctly and eventually the equation plays out.

https://www.nature.com/articles/1209604
Bruce Jibboo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:32 PM   #15
Escrow shortage crew
 
DEEZUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NWI
Posts: 43,029
Casino cash: $98758001
11.04 per day
Default

The team will all die as mentioned. No fucking way would they let this out. The only thing makes me think it's not a govt cover is control of other countries ability to cure it.
daturbosix likes this.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.bu View Post
I had a girl like that once. Everytime I put my hand down her pants, it felt like feeding oats to a horse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
THIS IS TCG, DOES IT LOOK LIKE WE CARE WHAT IT COSTS!??!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
That's a nice dick.


DEEZUZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:01 PM   #16
Go ahead. I'll catch up.
 
Flyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Posts: 45,642
Casino cash: $231532900
8.12 per day
Default

The general method is now public. Could be the team released the info for some life security. Even if they're killed, the idea is out there.

Current cancer treatment companies might drastically oppose a cure, especially if it was someone else's product. That's a given.

The companies that would work on the cure would be medical companies that don't have cancer treatment products. You guys think the cure will be cheap? I bet it's mega expensive, all the traffic will bear. Any company that markets it will make a LOT of money.
Flyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:08 PM   #17
 
Bruce Jibboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Elgin
Posts: 19,634
Casino cash: $148710800
4.77 per day
Default

You guys honestly think there will be some magic bullet cure that will interfere with 6 million years of evolution? DOGMA. Will the same cure work for all cancers?

Cancer is a metabolic disease not a genetic disease.

N20GT likes this.
Bruce Jibboo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:14 PM   #18
Go ahead. I'll catch up.
 
Flyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Posts: 45,642
Casino cash: $231532900
8.12 per day
Default

The AIDS "bullet" actually did greatly help people with that disease. A similar type of cancer "cure" could do the same.

Question is, will it work. Everything else depends on that answer.
Flyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:16 PM   #19
Forum Sponsor
 
daturbosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Aurora
Posts: 11,534
Casino cash: $50139918
2.77 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEZUZ View Post
The team will all die as mentioned. No fucking way would they let this out. The only thing makes me think it's not a govt cover is control of other countries ability to cure it.
just like that guy that built the engine that ran on water. EVERYTHING he had disappeared.
__________________
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - 630.885.9333
daturbosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:19 PM   #20
 
Bruce Jibboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Elgin
Posts: 19,634
Casino cash: $148710800
4.77 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyn View Post
The AIDS "bullet" actually did greatly help people with that disease. A similar type of cancer "cure" could do the same.

Question is, will it work. Everything else depends on that answer.
AIDS and Infectious diseases are caused by microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites.

Metabolic diseases are earned.
N20GT likes this.
Bruce Jibboo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:37 PM   #21
I Drink Your Milkshake
 
sickmint79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: grayslake
Posts: 18,191
Casino cash: $110669416
4.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
Even if true, I would expect this team to mysteriously die in a plane crash. Too much money in NOT having a cure.......or, the cure will only be available for those with $$$.

Either way, fuck cancer.

Scientists expect cure for cancer in 1 year - Story | WFLD
i don't believe any conspiracy theories about stifling world changing things like this. the economics are huge for these things to come out. also it's not like these cancer researchers don't have people in their families dying from cancer either. they aren't doing a particularly good job hiding it if they are talking about the science out in public either right? although this is probably a media exaggeration of actual discovery. it's not even like all cancers are the same, but all cured 1 year out? i mean c'mon not actually realistic at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDragster1970 View Post
.


I'm not a conspiracy theory type guy, but I have always wondered how in the hell they haven't cured cancer yet???
They can do amazing things, but after spending billions of dollars, no complete cure yet??
Plenty of longevity treatments, temporary cures, but no complete cure???

Let's hope it's true.
Especially for someone like me, with a high probability of recurrence
You only get lucky so many times.

.
it wasn't long ago we were cutting holes in people's heads or curing cancer with snake oil or some cocaine to help with their cough. bodies are complicated man, they aren't computers.

drugs themselves have remarkably low efficacy - what works for you might not work for me. in fact, it probably won't, that's why you may have to try several, i don't think it's uncommon to find that drug x only works on 10% of people or drug y on 15%. part of the advancement now is coming from simple small molecule drugs and going on to large molecule drugs which should have greater efficacy and be much more targeted to individuals. with computer advancements we are getting better at matching people to drugs and chemicals to reactions. this is based on examining historical interactions, the further we get into quantum computing (still at very early stages) the more we can actually simulate actual chemical reactions without having to base things on captured history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDragster1970 View Post
It would definitely screw up the liberals plans to control everyone & bribe the stupid for their votes.
If 10's of millions start living to 110 and everyone young is a welfare whore,
there won't be any hard working contributing members of society to pay into SS & medicare!!!!


.
so, do you not find it weird that you are unable to make it past page 1 in a cancer thread without old man ranting about liberals and welfare whores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Jibboo View Post
Its turned into (and maybe always was) an "east" vs "western" medicine debate but all that bullshit debate has to go.. Certain things from both sides will prove to be scientific FACT or complete bullshit.

We all make 10,000,000,000 cells a day and 10,000 are cancerous... its only when the DNA gets damaged and the immune system can't respond correctly and eventually the equation plays out.

https://www.nature.com/articles/1209604
that was mentioned in a ted talk on anti-angiogenesis food properties iirc, that if you cut 10 of us open you'd find cancer a lot more often than you'd think - but it doesn't necessarily grow into something problematic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyn View Post
The general method is now public. Could be the team released the info for some life security. Even if they're killed, the idea is out there.

Current cancer treatment companies might drastically oppose a cure, especially if it was someone else's product. That's a given.

The companies that would work on the cure would be medical companies that don't have cancer treatment products. You guys think the cure will be cheap? I bet it's mega expensive, all the traffic will bear. Any company that markets it will make a LOT of money.
jebus a rare moment where flyn is making more sense than half the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyn View Post
The AIDS "bullet" actually did greatly help people with that disease. A similar type of cancer "cure" could do the same.

Question is, will it work. Everything else depends on that answer.
the drugs used for aids seem to have done an amazing job, it hasn't outright cured it but it has reduced the amount of hiv in someone's system down to a nearly if not entirely imperceptible amount and one that has extremely little risk of transferring to someone else. although i do think it is something you have to keep taking. i'm sure plenty of you will say that's because there's more money in treating it instead of curing it - but you could charge plenty of money for eliminating it, and the reality is this shit is super hard for a lot of reasons. what could be harder than fixing problems with the human body gone haywire? it's a zillion times easier for us to do something like go walk on the moon!
N20GT and ragingclue like this.
__________________
http://www.pointmeby.com

2013 BRZ
Stoptech 328mm BBK.Project Mu999.RBF 600.RCE Tarmac 2 Coils.Whiteline KCA326/KCA434/KSR210/W0509/KDT922/W63414.Velox camber plates
JDL Overpipe + Catted Front Pipe.Tomei Type-60S.Radium catch cans.245 RS4s.Koyo Radiator.STi motor+trans mounts
FXT Oil Cooler.SPC LCA.Airaid intake.Zeek snorkel.DL Type II Diffuser.ecutek flex fuel tune.Swaintech coated JDL EL Header
sickmint79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:38 AM   #22
Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
 
N20GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Crown point, IN
Posts: 46,163
Casino cash: $137798389
9.82 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomousDSG View Post
Theres been cures and advanced treatments for a while now, the government suppresses it because theres no money in cures. The health industry, drug companies, and insurance companies would all be in a world of hurt financially if one came out. Many jobs lost.
Care to explain how insurance companies that pay ABSURD amounts of money for chemo and other targeted therapies would be in a "world of hurt" if they no longer had to pay for that? Same can be said for the government...a lot of cancer patients are on medicare. If you believe it's all one big conspiracy, the only motive that makes sense would be population control, but I'm with @sickmint79....the gvt isn't telling the healthcare industry to avoid curing cancer.

My wife works in Oncology and the advances in treatment in the past 7 years have been unbelievable. General chemo is fading out, targeted therapies are the future, and who knows what'll come after that.

It always cracks me up how simple minded, unhealthy people think there should be a magic bullet for every (frequently self-inflicted) medical condition. As stated several times, the body doesn't work that way and for that reason there will probably be no "cure" for cancer. Only treatment.
ragingclue likes this.
__________________
N20GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:50 AM   #23
 
Ryan02Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mount Prospect
Posts: 9,946
Casino cash: $112352000
1.82 per day
Default

I've never believed in a big conspiracy to suppress a cure for cancer, but I have always questioned the motivation for curing it. So while I'm sure there are people trying to figure out a cure, I don't believe the resources are focused on it like they probably should be, instead being more focused on expensive treatments they can use to rob from us all.

Big public companies focus their efforts on what makes the most money, end of story. They don't have souls and don't care about negative/positive impacts to society, the environment, consumers, etc. They are about profit.
__________________
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
2002 Mustang GT
Ryan02Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:41 AM   #24
I Drink Your Milkshake
 
sickmint79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: grayslake
Posts: 18,191
Casino cash: $110669416
4.37 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan02Stang View Post
I've never believed in a big conspiracy to suppress a cure for cancer, but I have always questioned the motivation for curing it. So while I'm sure there are people trying to figure out a cure, I don't believe the resources are focused on it like they probably should be, instead being more focused on expensive treatments they can use to rob from us all.

Big public companies focus their efforts on what makes the most money, end of story. They don't have souls and don't care about negative/positive impacts to society, the environment, consumers, etc. They are about profit.
this stuff is so experimental. you are trying a zillion things and failing all the time. you really think they have enough control and understanding to go down path A of treatment vs. path B of cure, or tweak A to the point where it gets most of the job done, but doesn't finish it? who is raking in all this money of engineering a drug to treat instead of cure - medical researchers and their program managers? hardly, they are mostly normie people with normie paychecks.

drug patents are good for 20 years and that is from the patent date, not the completion of trials many years later. so it's not even like your engineered drug allows treatment and windfall profits for life - because it's going to go generic, and everyone can see the formula.

i don't disagree that they are focusing on where they can make money, but stifling discovery or tuning for treatment vs. cure is bullshit. and this stuff is super super hard. throwing more time and money doesn't easily scale to address the challenges either, because you need at least as much if not more cleverness thrown at these problems.
sickmint79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts