Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > General Discussion > On Topic

User Tag List

Like Tree117Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
From the mean streets....
 
Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chiraq
Posts: 35,967
Casino cash: $65473700
8.24 per day
Default What do you believe in huh? WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IN!!??!?!?!

I betcha people we be on the same page and not argue as much if you realized what they actually like and think VS what politicians they agree with.

For instance, I didnt care for Obama, but liked the fact he kept Net Neutrality in place while he was in office. I like Trump for the most part, but hate how Net Neutrality went to the wayside. Basically I dont have to agree with everything one person does, and I cant and wont forgive and or like them because they did one thing I liked. However, I am also not going to make slurs or say he was garbage. The man, Obama, was still a US President and deserves to be respected as one.

Some facts about me:
  • I think the gun laws on record are fine. You want automatic ones, you go through the extra headahce, fees, and then pay way more for something that was created pre-1986. However, I also think mental health needs to be taken into consideration and all of these agencies must be forced to keep up with their records and reporting.
  • I dont care who you are attracted to. I dont care who you want to marry. It doesnt effect me or anyone else except you and said person. Caveat, no kid shit.
  • Want an abortion? Its not my decision. However, I dont want to pay for it, and be prepared for your eventual comeuppance.
  • Want to come to the country to start a new life? AWESOME! Follow the rules, wait your turn, take your test, get your papers. If my old teamleader did it, along with my current manager, you can to. No cutting in line and no undocumented shit. We all had our lines originate from somewhere else. Unless you are 2.5% me/native american, cause thats what 23andme said.
  • Want to say disgusting things to other people? I guess that is your right. However, just like the lady who had the abortion, you WILL get your comeuppance.

Another thing, and I know its hard. Be nice/respectful. You can have different opinions and still like someone. One of my good friends leans more left on a lot of things, but we get along so well, I asked him to perform the wedding ceremony for my wife and I. Not because of what his political stance was, but because we are friends and he is a good person. If you peel back the layers, you might be surprised.

Just saying.
ilikemtb999, Flyn, cdh027 and 7 others like this.
__________________
PSN = cyber-fish
Steam = cs_fish

My RetroAchievements
Fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:24 PM   #2
Public Enemy #1
 
Sprayin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 16,944
Casino cash: $67441538
4.31 per day
Default

Name:  FB_IMG_1540663321376.jpeg
Views: 138
Size:  48.2 KB
__________________
Semi-Retired
Sprayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:28 PM   #3
You never had it so good!
 
Stink Star Productions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Big wood cock
Posts: 12,064
Casino cash: $44377704
2.87 per day
Default

I agree with everything in here thus far
__________________
my name is Boosh.

2014 Cadillac ELR, the $80k volt
2017 Civic Sport Tour
2015 Chevy Volt:SOLD: lifetime 255mpg
Stink Star Productions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:38 PM   #4
I eat dirt
 
ilikemtb999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 68,404
Casino cash: $30188000
15.97 per day
Default

I thought this was going religious. Good post.
Rebel, 1quick and DEEZUZ like this.
__________________
85 blazer.........turbo, 1 ton axles, some stuff
70 Buick GS.......resurrection in progress
10 Tahoe SSV lowered Baja edition
14 Caprice PPV woop woop
ilikemtb999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:34 PM   #5
 
MrDragster1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: RT 66 area
Posts: 3,064
Casino cash: $36985200
1.11 per day
Default

.


Earn what you get, keep what you earn, take care of your own damn family,
and nobody is entitled to a frigging nickle from the government or the wealthy!!!
If you didn't earn it honestly, it's not yours!!!!!!!!


.
cdh027 and Ryan02Stang like this.
__________________
Another great day up at Byron Dragway!!!!!

94 avatar by J L, on Flickr
MrDragster1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:59 PM   #6
Guspech Superdriller
 
guspech750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Aurora
Posts: 7,070
Casino cash: $35452700
2.04 per day
Default

I like this thread and agree with all that is posted.

But I will add that the 2005 World Series was way cooler and better than 2016 World Series.
__________________
Go E.A.D.
Boost gets you laid.
guspech750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:18 PM   #7
 
MrDragster1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: RT 66 area
Posts: 3,064
Casino cash: $36985200
1.11 per day
Default

.

Post of the MONTH!!!!


.
Ryan02Stang likes this.
MrDragster1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:24 PM   #8
From the mean streets....
 
Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chiraq
Posts: 35,967
Casino cash: $65473700
8.24 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikemtb999 View Post
I thought this was going religious. Good post.
I didnt touch that one. I dont care what religion anyone practices, as long as it doesnt preach hurting anyone, and or committing heinous acts. Ohh, you are an athiest? Cool. No, you dont need to tell me for the 7th time.
Ryan02Stang and guspech750 like this.
Fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:26 PM   #9
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,758
Casino cash: $143144000
19.78 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I betcha people we be on the same page and not argue as much if you realized what they actually like and think VS what politicians they agree with.

For instance, I didnt care for Obama, but liked the fact he kept Net Neutrality in place while he was in office. I like Trump for the most part, but hate how Net Neutrality went to the wayside. Basically I dont have to agree with everything one person does, and I cant and wont forgive and or like them because they did one thing I liked. However, I am also not going to make slurs or say he was garbage. The man, Obama, was still a US President and deserves to be respected as one.

Some facts about me:
  • I think the gun laws on record are fine. You want automatic ones, you go through the extra headahce, fees, and then pay way more for something that was created pre-1986. However, I also think mental health needs to be taken into consideration and all of these agencies must be forced to keep up with their records and reporting.
  • I dont care who you are attracted to. I dont care who you want to marry. It doesnt effect me or anyone else except you and said person. Caveat, no kid shit.
  • Want an abortion? Its not my decision. However, I dont want to pay for it, and be prepared for your eventual comeuppance.
  • Want to come to the country to start a new life? AWESOME! Follow the rules, wait your turn, take your test, get your papers. If my old teamleader did it, along with my current manager, you can to. No cutting in line and no undocumented shit. We all had our lines originate from somewhere else. Unless you are 2.5% me/native american, cause thats what 23andme said.
  • Want to say disgusting things to other people? I guess that is your right. However, just like the lady who had the abortion, you WILL get your comeuppance.

Another thing, and I know its hard. Be nice/respectful. You can have different opinions and still like someone. One of my good friends leans more left on a lot of things, but we get along so well, I asked him to perform the wedding ceremony for my wife and I. Not because of what his political stance was, but because we are friends and he is a good person. If you peel back the layers, you might be surprised.

Just saying.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
if anything a large majority of this board is probably more libertarian than anything, they just don't know it.

i lean republican, sure. give me guns if i want them, and let whoever wants them have them, let's have a solid military ready to slap the dick off anyone who fucks with us. but i also don't care who marries who, or who screws who, i don't care who does drugs and what drugs they do, i don't care what religion other's follow, or if they want to at all.

just.leave.me.the.fuck.alone.

hai
__________________
01 525i
01 turbo pricks
13 gas 3500hd cclb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
TCG: We pull vanity fair models in our F150ís because Teslaís are unsafe.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:34 AM   #10
From the mean streets....
 
Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chiraq
Posts: 35,967
Casino cash: $65473700
8.24 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
hai
Fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:08 AM   #11
Go ahead. I'll catch up.
 
Flyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Posts: 45,576
Casino cash: $230697900
8.12 per day
Default

I think the biggest divisive force in America today is the media. They keep publishing stories that go further and further into opinion rather than news. They still treat the stories as news. Facts are boring. Going after politicians or topics that divide America with continually wilder stories sells views.

The politicians have fallen into the same game. Look at political ads now-a-days. 90%+ of them are negative ads. It's refreshing to see a politician actually come out with a positive ad that talks about what he wants to do rather than how bad his opponent is.

With these two groups using sensationalist methods America has become more divided than we have been in a long time, if ever. People choose sides and the other side becomes the enemy.

I have friends I can joke about politics with even though they are solid DEMS. I have other friends I don't mention politics to because it would just start an argument. I NEVER mention politics to my customers unless they say something that shows they have views I agree with.

My views on many topics are more liberal than you would imagine. You want to be gay? Go ahead. You want an abortion? As mentioned, that's your choice but don't ask for me to pay for it. You want to save the planet? Go ahead and try to save it. Just don't drag me into what you are doing. Net neutrality seems to be a no brainer protection that is supported by most Americans.

Basically it's all about live and let live. Do what you want but don't try to tell me to do what you want. Stop lumping views on a variety of topics into a political platform for votes. Have people in government vote the way their constituents feel about something rather than vote the way their leaders tell them.

Hopefully, we can come together as Americans and stop letting politicians and media use divide and conquer tactics for their own benefits. If Americans could work together, imagine how much we could accomplish.
Flyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:34 AM   #12
You never had it so good!
 
Stink Star Productions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Big wood cock
Posts: 12,064
Casino cash: $44377704
2.87 per day
Default

^ you know the weird part is I don’t think of myself as liberal or a democrat at all, but as the wife and I were going through each candidate looking purely at the issues (instead of negative rhetoric) it turns out I’m going to be voting nearly half and half democrat and republican. Truth be told I’d love to vote L, but cmon, they will never win as they don’t piss enough people off
Yaj Yak and OffshoreDrilling like this.
Stink Star Productions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:43 AM   #13
Escrow shortage crew
 
DEEZUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NWI
Posts: 42,905
Casino cash: $97493001
11.03 per day
Default

Pro 2a, pro choice, anti universal health care, do whatever you want with the churches but tax the FUCK out of them.


Wudd else ya want from me
1quick likes this.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.bu View Post
I had a girl like that once. Everytime I put my hand down her pants, it felt like feeding oats to a horse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
THIS IS TCG, DOES IT LOOK LIKE WE CARE WHAT IT COSTS!??!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
That's a nice dick.


DEEZUZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:05 AM   #14
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,828
Casino cash: $114395300
6.87 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTC DEEZUL View Post
Pro 2a, pro choice, anti universal health care, do whatever you want with the churches but tax the FUCK out of them.


Wudd else ya want from me
And execute the pedaphiles / child molesters, kidnappers, murderers, rapists
MrDragster1970 and DEEZUZ like this.
__________________
Dave
17 Mustang GT
17 Pilot AWD
15 Elantra
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:24 AM   #15
He's Still Your President
 
b00sted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Not paying plastic bag taxes
Posts: 3,027
Casino cash: $24266760
0.94 per day
Default

Yaj Yak, 1quick, 1MEANGT and 2 others like this.
b00sted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #16
 
cdh027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,648
Casino cash: $24918000
0.65 per day
Default

At least sickmint didn't dick this thread up yet.
Dave M likes this.
__________________
Fiber makes me sad.


1993 vibrant red Cobra - sold
2003 silver Cobra convertible - sold
2013 deep impact blue Shelby - sold
2018 admiral blue Z06/Z07

2017 Suburban Premier - wifes daily
2018 Denali HD - my junk
(CST 8" lift with FOX 2.0 LSC's)
2016 Cruze Limited - daily for the daily
cdh027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:32 AM   #17
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 87,758
Casino cash: $143144000
19.78 per day
Default

IZZy, BADAZZTEALCOBRA and DEEZUZ like this.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:38 AM   #18
 
cdh027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,648
Casino cash: $24918000
0.65 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post

cdh027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:54 AM   #19
Oh Hai
 
Grabber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wheeling, IL
Posts: 3,543
Casino cash: $30275100
0.84 per day
Default

Fish has a few good points.

Hopefully this thread stays on topic.

I believe in:

Pro 2A
Pro Choice
Anti-free universal healthcare
Anti-free college education
Drug screening of all welfare recipients
Higher tax on the upper class
More social security benefits for the elderly that worked their whole lives
Anti-illegal immigration - Do it right, get your green card. If my wife (armenian) and her family can legally get into the country while her people are genocided by the turkish people, you can too.
Pro-marijuana (even though I wouldn't smoke it) but, I'd hope for strict laws, I.E. no driving after you've taken a hit and the charge is the same as a DUI.
Execute pedophiles/rapists/murders - stop paying for them to live
Anti-parental support that cannot responsibility or properly raise children without government aid.
Fish, cdh027, DEEZUZ and 1 others like this.
__________________
2016 Durango R/T AWD - Billet Silver
2014 Track Pack GT - - Gone
2005 Blown 3V (Gone)
2004 CO Mach 1 (Slow as balls) (Gone)

2003 TR 10th Anni. Cobra (Gone )

Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:03 AM   #20
 
cdh027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,648
Casino cash: $24918000
0.65 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Fish has a few good points.

Hopefully this thread stays on topic.

I believe in:

Pro 2A
Pro Choice
Anti-free universal healthcare
Anti-free college education
Drug screening of all welfare recipients
Higher tax on the upper class
More social security benefits for the elderly that worked their whole lives
Anti-illegal immigration - Do it right, get your green card. If my wife (armenian) and her family can legally get into the country while her people are genocided by the turkish people, you can too.
Pro-marijuana (even though I wouldn't smoke it) but, I'd hope for strict laws, I.E. no driving after you've taken a hit and the charge is the same as a DUI.
Execute pedophiles/rapists/murders - stop paying for them to live
Anti-parental support that cannot responsibility or properly raise children without government aid.

I agree with everything you posted except "Higher tax on the upper class".
A flat tax is the fairest way to go. Why tax someone who busted their ass more than a slacker? If there was a 10% flat tax for example, the guy making $40,000 a year would pay $4,000 and the guy making $1,000,000 a year would pay $100,000. The guy making more already will pay a shit ton more in taxes so why tax them even higher?????
Yaj Yak, b00sted, 1MEANGT and 3 others like this.
cdh027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:52 AM   #21
He's Still Your President
 
b00sted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Not paying plastic bag taxes
Posts: 3,027
Casino cash: $24266760
0.94 per day
Default

Yeah, I'll never get the "tax the rich" thing. I guess it's easier to push legislation when it doesn't affect you.
b00sted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:01 AM   #22
Oh Hai
 
Grabber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wheeling, IL
Posts: 3,543
Casino cash: $30275100
0.84 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh027 View Post
I agree with everything you posted except "Higher tax on the upper class".
A flat tax is the fairest way to go. Why tax someone who busted their ass more than a slacker? If there was a 10% flat tax for example, the guy making $40,000 a year would pay $4,000 and the guy making $1,000,000 a year would pay $100,000. The guy making more already will pay a shit ton more in taxes so why tax them even higher?????
Who's to say the guy making less is a slacker? The rich have more than enough money to pay a bit more.

I know a lot of guys that are wealthy ($100,000+ a year) and they do their absolute most to deduct everything they humanly can to save a few bucks. Even putting the max charitable donation without donating shit to get a little extra back.

If taxes were as low as your figure of 10%, I'd be happy. My wife and I combined make $130,000 or so a year, and we paid over $20,000 in taxes. I'm a blue collar and work my ass off.

Your point is fair, but, I think the whole "fair tax" idea isn't realistic because there is no way to measurably make sure it stays fair across the board, and the fact that the government wouldn't lower taxes if they did a universal tax on everyone across the board. Right now, the average is about 25%.

At the end of the day, someone that makes $40,000 a year will most likely feel that hit more by being taxed the way they are now and a guy making a $1,000,000 won't feel it as much, hence why they are "rich".
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:03 AM   #23
Oh Hai
 
Grabber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wheeling, IL
Posts: 3,543
Casino cash: $30275100
0.84 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00sted View Post
Yeah, I'll never get the "tax the rich" thing. I guess it's easier to push legislation when it doesn't affect you.
So basically, they should be taxed the same as the middle class all the while having so much more money that won't impact them as much that isn't as fortunate?

I guess the blue collars have to keep things going for the white collars to keep making money. Someone's back needs to be used, right?

As far as pushing legislation, isn't that what everyone does? Not really "fair" to point the finger when I guarantee everyone does it in some way. Pot meet kettle.
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:17 AM   #24
TCGs Far Right Leader
 
Chester Copperpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shithole, IL
Posts: 29,070
Casino cash: $6567400
8.66 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
if anything a large majority of this board is probably more libertarian than anything, they just don't know it.

i lean republican, sure. give me guns if i want them, and let whoever wants them have them, let's have a solid military ready to slap the dick off anyone who fucks with us. but i also don't care who marries who, or who screws who, i don't care who does drugs and what drugs they do, i don't care what religion other's follow, or if they want to at all.

just.leave.me.the.fuck.alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post
hai
Yaj Yak and BADAZZTEALCOBRA like this.
Chester Copperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:18 AM   #25
He's Still Your President
 
b00sted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Not paying plastic bag taxes
Posts: 3,027
Casino cash: $24266760
0.94 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
So basically, they should be taxed the same as the middle class all the while having so much more money that won't impact them as much that isn't as fortunate?

I guess the blue collars have to keep things going for the white collars to keep making money. Someone's back needs to be used, right?

As far as pushing legislation, isn't that what everyone does? Not really "fair" to point the finger when I guarantee everyone does it in some way. Pot meet kettle.
Painting with an incredibly broad brush there. "isn't as fortunate"? The people I know that make good money do so because of hard work, sacrifice, and risk...it has very little to do with luck. Even if they're taxed at a similar rate to you, they're still paying a hell of a lot more...All to receive the same(or less) government services as a result.

Are you in a union by chance?
b00sted is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts