Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > General Discussion > On Topic

User Tag List

Like Tree25Likes
  • 7 Post By Spivitz
  • 3 Post By b00sted
  • 3 Post By VenomInside
  • 1 Post By Shawn1112
  • 1 Post By MrDragster1970
  • 6 Post By zenriddles
  • 1 Post By kyesburrell
  • 2 Post By Aircal
  • 1 Post By Mike K

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2018, 01:37 PM   #1
 
SMRTSS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Elgin
Posts: 3,080
Casino cash: $24577800
0.89 per day
Default Letís not forget who voted to raise our taxes in Illinois.

November is coming, letís not forget all those responsible politicians that voted to raise our taxes with no budget and no plan to fix our state.

Iím all for paying a little extra to get something back in return but the state is in shambles, our infrastructure is failing and there seems to be no end in sight for our politicians spending while taxing us into poverty. If it continues the only people that will be living in Illinois will be welfare recipients and politicians.








For those that care the NRA has a listing of what politicians are for and against the 2A at NRAPVF.org or find an October 2018 copy of Shooting Illustrated.
SMRTSS1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #2
The Throttle is ur friend
 
Spivitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 60191
Posts: 21,352
Casino cash: $1151631300
8.61 per day
Default

Id like to mtfo of Illinois
HILROD, SMRTSS1, b00sted and 4 others like this.
__________________
2008 AWD Forged 365 SS
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Hemi
2005 88ci Scoot
Spivitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:21 PM   #3
He's Still Your President
 
b00sted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Not paying plastic bag taxes
Posts: 3,039
Casino cash: $24411760
0.95 per day
Default

I don't expect much from Hurley/Cunningham. They do as king Madigan tells them.
b00sted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #4
Just Grazing
 
VenomInside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SFO
Posts: 24,199
Casino cash: $19462200
4.41 per day
Default

fuck em all. Nobody is going to fix shit around here.
__________________
2018 WRX - Performance Pkg - Short Throw - etc.
2019 White Silver Metallic Jetta SEL
VenomInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:00 PM   #5
 
Aircal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Countryside
Posts: 3,620
Casino cash: $11047638
0.93 per day
Default

Thankfully JD is going after the Billionaires to make them pay their far share.......
__________________
People who are not sensitive to design, people who don't care about vehicles, people who view a vehicle as an appliance, they just default to Toyota. We will never win that one." Bob Lutz

1973 Thunderbird, 1980 Pontiac Trans Am, 2004 Acura TL, 2007 Pontiac G6 Convt.
Aircal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:03 PM   #6
 
Shawn1112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 6,462
Casino cash: $69613300
1.97 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomInside View Post
fuck em all. Nobody is going to fix shit around here.
My thought as well. They are all crooks!
MrDragster1970 likes this.
Shawn1112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #7
He's Still Your President
 
b00sted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Not paying plastic bag taxes
Posts: 3,039
Casino cash: $24411760
0.95 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircal View Post
Thankfully JD is going after the Billionaires to make them pay their far share.......
He's a regular guy just like me!!
b00sted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:33 PM   #8
 
MrDragster1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: RT 66 area
Posts: 3,084
Casino cash: $37210200
1.11 per day
Default

.


I've asked this about a dozen times here and other forums, and have never gotten a single reply.

Give me an intelligent reason why I should vote for a liberal??
Why a welfare whore should sit on their fat lazy ass generation after generation
and get a check paid for by the tax payers when they never work a day in their life??
Why does the government owe anyone something they haven't earned them self??
Why the government owes anyone a free phone they haven't earned??
Why the government owes anyone free babysitting, free transportation, free food,
free housing, free utilities etc etc they didn't earn them self??

I know I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I can't for the life of me think of a logical,
intelligent reason why the government must be everyone's sugar daddy, babysitter, piggy bank???
Explain it to me, I'll listen.


.
10thSVT_03 likes this.
__________________
Another great day up at Byron Dragway!!!!!

94 avatar by J L, on Flickr
MrDragster1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:35 PM   #9
 
Shawn1112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 6,462
Casino cash: $69613300
1.97 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDragster1970 View Post
.


I've asked this about a dozen times here and other forums, and have never gotten a single reply.

Give me an intelligent reason why I should vote for a liberal??
Why a welfare whore should sit on their fat lazy ass generation after generation
and get a check paid for by the tax payers when they never work a day in their life??
Why does the government owe anyone something they haven't earned them self??
Why the government owes anyone a free phone they haven't earned??
Why the government owes anyone free babysitting, free transportation, free food,
free housing, free utilities etc etc they didn't earn them self??

I know I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I can't for the life of me think of a logical,
intelligent reason why the government must be everyone's sugar daddy, babysitter, piggy bank???
Explain it to me, I'll listen.


.
Because America lol
Shawn1112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:35 PM   #10
Molon Labe - come and take them!
 
zenriddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holiday Inn
Posts: 3,112
Casino cash: $20016500
0.61 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircal View Post
Thankfully JD is going after the Billionaires to make them pay their far share.......
Fuck Illinois. Only around here can someone caught red-handed committing fraud for the intent of tax evasion run for Governor....and do quite well in the polls!
It's like it's almost a job prerequisite for office to be a criminal.



I just picked up a nice place over the border of Indiana, moving in shortly.
Last time I'll vote in Illinois which can mean only one thing - the NEXT vote I cast after that might actually be statistically worth a sh!t.
__________________
If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective.

zenriddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:39 PM   #11
. .
 
boostedguy05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,610
Casino cash: $23868000
6.57 per day
Default

Dont fool yourself. They have always never been worth a shit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
You're either a barely functioning idiot or you're a brilliant genius. I must study you.
boostedguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:47 PM   #12
 
Aircal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Countryside
Posts: 3,620
Casino cash: $11047638
0.93 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDragster1970 View Post
.


I've asked this about a dozen times here and other forums, and have never gotten a single reply.

Give me an intelligent reason why I should vote for a liberal??
Why a welfare whore should sit on their fat lazy ass generation after generation
and get a check paid for by the tax payers when they never work a day in their life??
Why does the government owe anyone something they haven't earned them self??
Why the government owes anyone a free phone they haven't earned??
Why the government owes anyone free babysitting, free transportation, free food,
free housing, free utilities etc etc they didn't earn them self??

I know I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I can't for the life of me think of a logical,
intelligent reason why the government must be everyone's sugar daddy, babysitter, piggy bank???
Explain it to me, I'll listen.


.
Because there are actual people that do need help out there. Would you really let a 2 year old starve to death because their parents are a total POS ?
What about the mother who's husband beats her, and or their kids that has to escape? Yes there is probably more abuse out there than people who really need help, but, we can't turn our backs on everyone because of the bad ones. So that is why you need a few liberals to keep a check and balance in the system. A few....not a majority .......lol
Aircal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:40 PM   #13
*It's Totally Kyle*
 
kyesburrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NW Burbs
Posts: 45
Casino cash: $1212000
0.09 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircal View Post
Because there are actual people that do need help out there. Would you really let a 2 year old starve to death because their parents are a total POS ?
What about the mother who's husband beats her, and or their kids that has to escape? Yes there is probably more abuse out there than people who really need help, but, we can't turn our backs on everyone because of the bad ones. So that is why you need a few liberals to keep a check and balance in the system. A few....not a majority .......lol
Yeah, the democratic party (in general) is the party for the disenfranchised (blacks,gays,hispanics,etc.) Which i guess is good, to have someone looking out for them. However, take african americans, the left tells them that conservatives are racist, or out to get them, gonna took their jerbs, etc...
It gets to the point where its in democrats best interest to keep african americans down, cuz then they'll keep voting (D).
MrDragster1970 likes this.
kyesburrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:45 PM   #14
 
Aircal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Countryside
Posts: 3,620
Casino cash: $11047638
0.93 per day
Default

It was also always my opinion which like assholes we all have, that when your younger you feel like you need to save the world and lean more towards the democratic side. But, as you get older and raise kids and have a house and car payments you start to care more about holding onto your money. Which tends to lean you towards the Republicans side.
radioguy6 and MrDragster1970 like this.
Aircal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:53 PM   #15
Forum Sponsor
 
Mike K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,791
Casino cash: $46146708
3.11 per day
Default

Quote:
.


I've asked this about a dozen times here and other forums, and have never gotten a single reply.

Give me an intelligent reason why I should vote for a liberal??
Why a welfare whore should sit on their fat lazy ass generation after generation
and get a check paid for by the tax payers when they never work a day in their life??
Why does the government owe anyone something they haven't earned them self??
Why the government owes anyone a free phone they haven't earned??
Why the government owes anyone free babysitting, free transportation, free food,
free housing, free utilities etc etc they didn't earn them self??

I know I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I can't for the life of me think of a logical,
intelligent reason why the government must be everyone's sugar daddy, babysitter, piggy bank???
Explain it to me, I'll listen.

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircal View Post
Because there are actual people that do need help out there. Would you really let a 2 year old starve to death because their parents are a total POS ?
What about the mother who's husband beats her, and or their kids that has to escape? Yes there is probably more abuse out there than people who really need help, but, we can't turn our backs on everyone because of the bad ones. So that is why you need a few liberals to keep a check and balance in the system. A few....not a majority .......lol
Not only that but what percentage of the budget is going to "welfare whores" or just welfare programs in general? I think it's rather small.

It's a straw man argument. Of course nobody, not even most liberals, wants a "welfare whore" to sit and collect a check with the intention of doing no work but who says that's where the budget is going? I don't want oil companies that make billions of dollars to get tax subsidies but I'm not going to sit here and pretend like that lost tax revenue makes up a substantial amount of the budget. You're either intentionally presenting a straw man argument or you're just mad about an unrelated issue and somehow seem to think it plays into the budget in a larger way than it does.

So to answer your question... The reason people aren't giving you answers on forums is because the question you're asking is largely irrelevant.
YoushallgoFo likes this.
Mike K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:11 AM   #16
Doing the jobs nobody wants to
 
Mr_Roboto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Joliet
Posts: 11,567
Casino cash: $2395000
4.24 per day
Default



This is from Politifact, not that I hold them in especially high regard but yeah a huge portion of our budget goes to social programs. What's really bothersome is no one is talking about Medicare being bankrupt by ~2035.
Mr_Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:52 AM   #17
 
Ron Vogel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bolingbrook
Posts: 3,647
Casino cash: $13807355
0.83 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDragster1970 View Post
.


I've asked this about a dozen times here and other forums, and have never gotten a single reply.

Give me an intelligent reason why I should vote for a liberal??
Why a welfare whore should sit on their fat lazy ass generation after generation
and get a check paid for by the tax payers when they never work a day in their life??
Why does the government owe anyone something they haven't earned them self??
Why the government owes anyone a free phone they haven't earned??
Why the government owes anyone free babysitting, free transportation, free food,
free housing, free utilities etc etc they didn't earn them self??

I know I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I can't for the life of me think of a logical,
intelligent reason why the government must be everyone's sugar daddy, babysitter, piggy bank???
Explain it to me, I'll listen.


.
IL spent about 6% of the total budget on Welfare

21% went to Pensions

Probably the largest portion of anything is healthcare. IL has an excellent healthcare program though. I haven't paid for insurance since 2006...and have excellent coverage. You have to meet certain criteria; namely income per dependents. The last job I had to pay for insurance was $1600 a month, so it was a welcome relief that All Kids covered is available. No Copay, no ER charge, free prescriptions...yadda yadda. The Dental sucks, and they only cover glasses every two years, but thats the worst of it.
Ron Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:18 AM   #18
 
MrDragster1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: RT 66 area
Posts: 3,084
Casino cash: $37210200
1.11 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircal View Post
Because there are actual people that do need help out there.
Would you really let a 2 year old starve to death because their parents are a total POS ?
What about the mother who's husband beats her, and or their kids that has to escape?
Yes there is probably more abuse out there than people who really need help,
but, we can't turn our backs on everyone because of the bad ones.
So that is why you need a few liberals to keep a check and balance in the system.
A few....not a majority .......lol

Good answer, I appreciate your time & thoughts.

Follow up ??
What kind of logic or rational thinking is it to enable & reward that POS mother for getting knocked up
when she has absolutely zero ability to support that child???
I can not think of an intelligent answer for handing that POS mother a check for the next 18 years!!

If the majority want to offer "EMERGENCY" services that are there for temporary issues, I can see that being needed.
You just don't reward a POS for being a POS, there is no intelligent reason for that.
You take that kid away, you do not reward a POS in any way, EVER.
We don't negotiate with terrorists, unless you are obama, and you don't reward a POS LOSER!!!!

Now, why is it the governments job to even offer these emergency services???
Why do we give charities tax exempt status if they aren't doing their job???
Why aren't these people begging their church for help, they take in unbelievable amount of dough and they don't pay taxes either!!!!
How many of these churches have mansions, jets, vacation homes, and millions & millions of dollars in their pocket!!!!

Again, if the majority want to offer emergency services, so be it, but a check for life for being a POS lazy leech is insane!!!

A national emergency is a "NATIONAL" emergency, and only the government is big enough, organized enough to handle it.

I also don't give a damn if these welfare whores only account for .00000000000000001% of the budget.
People should not have to go to work, bust their ass, work 2 jobs, sacrifice, go with out necessities,
knowing some of their tax dollars are being pissed away on POS welfare whores & able body leeches!!!!
They also shouldn't have to hear their tax dollars are being pissed away on $198 hammers, and $24,000 ice boxes!!!!
Don't get me started on bridges to no where that only 6 people need and air ports that only have 4 flights a week!!!!

liberals love spending other peoples money like it grows on trees.
Any & every vote getting scheme they can think of, they spend spend spend.
Obviously many of the COnservatives are POS con men that waste other peoples money,
but if you pay attention, nothing like the liberals do, not even close!!!

Just look at an Illinois Governors campaign ad.
The liberal is promising to spend more in every one,
the COnservative is promising to fix the problems, control spending.
The liberal lady is whining that her free baby sitting was canceled.
Well guess what lady, who in the hell said you deserve free anything, especially free baby sitting???

Tax dollars are not grown on trees, tax dollars are earned by us busting our ass, and the government taking them!!!

How about all of these politicians think about OUR money like they had to go out & earn it,
instead of like our pockets are their personally piggy bank & get re-elected fund!!!!


This is a video I watched this morning while I was studying for another forum reply.
It is despicable, especially the part that a city council guy makes more money than a US Senator,
and they get a free all expense paid vehicle!!!
Guess who voted for that????



.
MrDragster1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #19
Certified Dirty 'Ole Man & GM/Holden Nutswinger
 
cmntmxr57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 9,400
Casino cash: $33115000
2.37 per day
Default

We almost need a list of all the bad people and all the good people.

I obviously know some of the big players, but I often don't pay attention to the little races.
__________________


Cool GM Products
2004 Pontiac GTO - Mods? Yes.
2006 Cadillac STS-V - Mods? Yes.
2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Mods? Yes.
2009 Chevrolet Impala SS - Stock
1999 Chevrolet Suburban - Plow beast

Shitty Chrysler Products
2015 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Platinum Stow-N-Go owns all
2007 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Stow-N-Go owns all
cmntmxr57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:22 AM   #20
 
jason05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Garfield Park
Posts: 12,743
Casino cash: $46521040
2.79 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Vogel View Post
IL spent about 6% of the total budget on Welfare

21% went to Pensions

Probably the largest portion of anything is healthcare. IL has an excellent healthcare program though. I haven't paid for insurance since 2006...and have excellent coverage. You have to meet certain criteria; namely income per dependents. The last job I had to pay for insurance was $1600 a month, so it was a welcome relief that All Kids covered is available. No Copay, no ER charge, free prescriptions...yadda yadda. The Dental sucks, and they only cover glasses every two years, but thats the worst of it.

Pensions are one of the top line items within the budget.



What I don't understand is why the politicians aren't floating the ideas of taxing public pensions. It seems like the Democrats love to tax, so this should be right up their alley.

The Illinois Constitution literally makes pension reform improbable without a constitutional convention and changing that particular clause (good luck!), the only viable solution is to tax public pensions!
jason05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:42 AM   #21
He's Still Your President
 
b00sted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Not paying plastic bag taxes
Posts: 3,039
Casino cash: $24411760
0.95 per day
Default

Because they buy the union members' votes by handing them the crazy pensions, etc.
b00sted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:14 AM   #22
 
jason05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Garfield Park
Posts: 12,743
Casino cash: $46521040
2.79 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00sted View Post
Because they buy the union members' votes by handing them the crazy pensions, etc.
True, but even the Dems were on board with Governor Quinn's pension reforms.

Another thing you don't hear about much anymore is Term Limits. Rauner ran on term limits as his platform and the Republicans seem to have given up on passing legislation that limits terms.
jason05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:16 AM   #23
He's Still Your President
 
b00sted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Not paying plastic bag taxes
Posts: 3,039
Casino cash: $24411760
0.95 per day
Default

Term limits will never happen here. These machine politicians are dug in too deeply.
b00sted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:29 AM   #24
TCGs Far Right Leader
 
Chester Copperpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shithole, IL
Posts: 29,098
Casino cash: $6882400
8.65 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason05gt View Post
What I don't understand is why the politicians aren't floating the ideas of taxing public pensions. It seems like the Democrats love to tax, so this should be right up their alley.
Why would dems tax their biggest voting block?

Oh.

lol
Chester Copperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts