Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > General Discussion > On Topic

User Tag List

Like Tree503Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #176
Cupcake
 
Ti28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 9,467
Casino cash: $1561519
4.05 per day
Default

I thought Greasy left because someone made a comment about his kid?
Ti28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:44 PM   #177
I Haz New Teknologee
 
greasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Litter Box
Posts: 28,369
Casino cash: $6550000
6.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti28 View Post
Wait? Greasy?
No, Kensington is Primalzer ahhahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti28 View Post
I thought Greasy left because someone made a comment about his kid?
No, I banned Zenriddles for a little because of that.
__________________
"May your George Bush drink the blood of every single man, woman, and child of Iraq" - Borat


greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:46 PM   #178
Cupcake
 
Ti28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 9,467
Casino cash: $1561519
4.05 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasy View Post
No, Kensington is Primalzer ahhahaha



No, I banned Zenriddles for a little because of that.
Well god damn! I'm all ass backwards! Hunting season got me all fucked with time! But I know you left for some reason or another.

I've always liked you muh nugs! WE had our "fun"! But we used to always talk!
greasy likes this.
Ti28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:47 PM   #179
I Haz New Teknologee
 
greasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Litter Box
Posts: 28,369
Casino cash: $6550000
6.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomousDSG View Post
I can 100% agree with this... NEVER have i done any of that, but it seems some members have specifically fingered me in doing it, yet can't back it up with post quotes or examples...

I also see members posting shit like THIS in friendly threads, and no one is calling them out on it. Is this acceptable now?
I view that Denzel pic as a joke, but others might fight it offensive. I don't think anybody that has complained about racism here would disagree, but I could be wrong.
greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:47 PM   #180
Cupcake
 
Ti28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 9,467
Casino cash: $1561519
4.05 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasy View Post
I view that Denzel pic as a joke, but others might fight it offensive. I don't think anybody that has complained about racism here would disagree, but I could be wrong.
You complain about that Meme, you for sure; need a safe space!
Ti28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:48 PM   #181
Ho fuckin Ho!
 
willizm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Saint John, IN
Posts: 10,260
Casino cash: $44299400
2.78 per day
Default

I don’t know what to really say about TCG. I like being here and like what community we have. I just feel like many of us are just getting older and distracted by other things in our lives which may or may not be pronounced on this site than just being enthusiastic about “car culture”. Whether that means people want to talk more about guns and politics and less about what got us all together in the first place I feel like it’s a progression in us as individuals growing and evolving albeit in differing paths whether for better or worse. I for one have not posted anything meaningful here primarily because I’m so distracted with external factors like having 2 more babies in the last 2 years. I’d love to talk about my other interests like slumlording and investing in properties but I feel like it’s so niche it wouldn’t go over well. Alas I still have the TA but don’t do a whole lot with it outside of maintenance type stuff so I rarely have that as a topic.
__________________
turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
1998 Supra Turbo 6speed swap in progress | 2010 Escalade Premium | 2006 Highlander

willizm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:51 PM   #182
Cupcake
 
Ti28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 9,467
Casino cash: $1561519
4.05 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willizm View Post
I donít know what to really say about TCG. I like being here and like what community we have. I just feel like many of us are just getting older and distracted by other things in our lives which may or may not be pronounced on this site than just being enthusiastic about ďcar cultureĒ. Whether that means people want to talk more about guns and politics and less about what got us all together in the first place I feel like itís a progression in us as individuals growing and evolving albeit in differing paths whether for better or worse. I for one have not posted anything meaningful here primarily because Iím so distracted with external factors like having 2 more babies in the last 2 years. Iíd love to talk about my other interests like slumlording and investing in properties but I feel like itís so niche it wouldnít go over well. Alas I still have the TA but donít do a whole lot with it outside of maintenance type stuff so I rarely have that as a topic.
Right here is spot on! Once I lost my TBSS, I just gave up and focused on other things that always had a burning desire. I've gone back to the way I grew up, where my best memories are. A stupid fucking kid in the outdoors. Now I'm a stupid adult in the outdoors. I've gone back to my roots, of hunting and fishing. And honestly, in the foreseeable future, there's not gonna be another "rod".
Eagle likes this.
Ti28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:57 PM   #183
 
Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,203
Casino cash: $76402175
3.10 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood on Blood View Post
Since imgur changed. Itís a lot harder to post that stuff. LOL.
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:57 PM   #184
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,673
Casino cash: $112715300
6.88 per day
Default

Need a TCG fishing tournament
__________________
Dave
17 Mustang GT
17 Pilot AWD
15 Elantra
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:58 PM   #185
 
muskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palatine
Posts: 1,588
Casino cash: $14612649
0.54 per day
Default

This forum has definitely become a general interest board. Not having the forum tied to a specific type of racing, make/model, builds kind of holds it back in my opinion.

We've also grown as an audience. Most have families and more money so meets and builds aren't happening as much. That said I've met so many great people on this board I will stick around. The threads I love lately are the overlanding builds from Emerson and KJ and home improvement/diy things. I've mostly gotten out of the car hobby but I love seeing Frank's revolving parking lot or some of you guys picking up sweet modern cars.

I do miss the large track days and hanging out at Lukes though.
Yaj Yak, Outlaw and VenomousDSG like this.
__________________
2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
muskie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:00 PM   #186
Doing the jobs nobody wants to
 
Mr_Roboto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Joliet
Posts: 11,251
Casino cash: $19434000
4.18 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomousDSG View Post
I think some of you are confusing the word "racism" with "bad humor"

The only person i've seen on here be blatantly racist just got the permabanhammer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willizm View Post
I donít know what to really say about TCG. I like being here and like what community we have. I just feel like many of us are just getting older and distracted by other things in our lives which may or may not be pronounced on this site than just being enthusiastic about ďcar cultureĒ. Whether that means people want to talk more about guns and politics and less about what got us all together in the first place I feel like itís a progression in us as individuals growing and evolving albeit in differing paths whether for better or worse. I for one have not posted anything meaningful here primarily because Iím so distracted with external factors like having 2 more babies in the last 2 years. Iíd love to talk about my other interests like slumlording and investing in properties but I feel like itís so niche it wouldnít go over well. Alas I still have the TA but donít do a whole lot with it outside of maintenance type stuff so I rarely have that as a topic.
I can agree a lot with this. I have been thinking about taking a hiatus from a lot of my social media presence TCG included because work is cannibalizing my time right now in a bad kind of way.
Mr_Roboto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #187
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,673
Casino cash: $112715300
6.88 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Roboto View Post
I can agree a lot with this. I have been thinking about taking a hiatus from a lot of my social media presence TCG included because work is cannibalizing my time right now in a bad kind of way.
Wait, what?

I need to have a conversation with your boss.
Mr_Roboto likes this.
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:03 PM   #188
Escrow shortage crew
 
DEEZUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NWI
Posts: 42,328
Casino cash: $91448001
10.96 per day
Default

Mike and jim fighting is like when your parents come home from a night on the town and start yelling each other and then you hear a slap and you hide in your closet, but then 9 months to the day later you have a new sibling...

I wish they'd just fuck and get it over with

:grouppantsdownhug:
greasy, tinfoilhat, wombat and 7 others like this.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.bu View Post
I had a girl like that once. Everytime I put my hand down her pants, it felt like feeding oats to a horse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
THIS IS TCG, DOES IT LOOK LIKE WE CARE WHAT IT COSTS!??!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
That's a nice dick.


DEEZUZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:03 PM   #189
I Haz New Teknologee
 
greasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Litter Box
Posts: 28,369
Casino cash: $6550000
6.48 per day
Default

greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:03 PM   #190
 
1quick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: coal city
Posts: 19,100
Casino cash: $140697447
4.59 per day
Default

we need dogie diner or another southern meet again, not all the time maybe once a month, like the opener we had there the one year on saturday, lot packed full of bad ass rides, more meets in random places, the epic deli meet was cool but didnt have that hang out feel like some of the past meets, seemed like alot of people ate and left
__________________
2016 GT 5.slow
1quick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:05 PM   #191
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,673
Casino cash: $112715300
6.88 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko View Post
Since imgur changed. Itís a lot harder to post that stuff. LOL.
Iím concerned about your ability to deliver.

Please make the appropriate adjustments.

McGyver some shit up.
EmersonHart13 likes this.
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:12 PM   #192
HVAC/R PARTS EQUIPMENT
 
stock-t-bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Thornton Quarry
Posts: 3,282
Casino cash: $11686
0.84 per day
Default

ok,I will chime in.
1...thank you MODS/OWNERS/JACK/MOOK,your work simply goes un-appreciated,you do the best you can moderating the site.A simple thank you,it's not easy as you know.

2.Racist comments are expected on every website,which can't be controlled,it's the internet,which basically is free speech...(sucks,but true)

3.Met & helped out many members through PM's...(HVAC)..became friends,some prominent members passed away from CSVT

4.If you google 3800 help or Chicago Car Forums....this site pops up.

5.For those who are not on Facebook,this is our forum (me) hate FB,it's the Devil & ruins relationships.

6.Their are a lot of very knowledgeable people that supply much useful information.Let's do the best we can to keep this site alive?

7.Yes,I am older than most members,but can still help supply useful info/help/supplies to our community.

8.My Bar Rule....I try not to discuss Politics,Sports or Religion...it seems to work well...its that simple,try it

9.All done,simple & honest reply...let's do our best to keep TCG alive
__________________
1996 T-Bird
1966 Chevelle
2015 Mitsu Outlander 2.4 GT
stock-t-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #193
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,673
Casino cash: $112715300
6.88 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock-t-bird View Post
ok,I will chime in.
1...thank you MODS/OWNERS/JACK/MOOK,your work simply goes un-appreciated,you do the best you can moderating the site.A simple thank you,it's not easy as you know.

2.Racist comments are expected on every website,which can't be controlled,it's the internet,which basically is free speech...(sucks,but true)

3.Met & helped out many members through PM's...(HVAC)..became friends,some prominent members passed away from CSVT

4.If you google 3800 help or Chicago Car Forums....this site pops up.

5.For those who are not on Facebook,this is our forum (me) hate FB,it's the Devil & ruins relationships.

6.Their are a lot of very knowledgeable people that supply much useful information.Let's do the best we can to keep this site alive?

7.Yes,I am older than most members,but can still help supply useful info/help/supplies to our community.

8.My Bar Rule....I try not to discuss Politics,Sports or Religion...it seems to work well...its that simple,try it

9.All done,simple & honest reply...let's do our best to keep TCG alive

And you host damn good meets.
stock-t-bird likes this.
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:31 PM   #194
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,673
Casino cash: $112715300
6.88 per day
Default

Well, @Eagle and @Mook, you have 8 pages of feedback.

Let us know the changes after the feedback has been assessed.
Eagle likes this.
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #195
newb
 
EmersonHart13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,550
Casino cash: $49470000
10.23 per day
Default

Yeah, we need a south meet so we can meet stock t bird
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEZUZ View Post
deezuz christ out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
It seems cdh07 has made like a mortgage and walked away
EmersonHart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #196
Smash the system!
 
Miss Esa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 1,112
Casino cash: $9468200
0.41 per day
Default

I enjoy TCG very much, but with a newborn and no longer working an office job (where I am online almost 24/7) I find it harder and harder to keep up with forums and even FB groups, however I prefer this site over all the car groups I am in (too much drama and too many trolls). I avoid politics like the plague so I usually don't go into the On Topic subform, but I do like the Off Topic one.
I love the cruises and the TCG Tour, and I enjoy the meets but some of the locations are just a bit far. We went to Chubby's a couple times last year but the drive out there wasn't always pleasant. Doggie Diner was a good time and fairly close.
__________________
"Lifeís journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ĎHoly shitÖwhat a ride!" - Hunter S. Thompson


Miss Esa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:36 PM   #197
Escrow shortage crew
 
DEEZUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NWI
Posts: 42,328
Casino cash: $91448001
10.96 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmersonHart13 View Post
Yeah, we need a south meet so we can meet stock t bird
I promise you we will get one together this up coming season...
DEEZUZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #198
HVAC/R PARTS EQUIPMENT
 
stock-t-bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Thornton Quarry
Posts: 3,282
Casino cash: $11686
0.84 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmersonHart13 View Post
Yeah, we need a south meet so we can meet stock t bird
yep,I shipped u some parts u needed for your garage heater...saved u some $$ tooo...glad it worked out

Advice to all:Hook up /install garage heater in July...avoid panic situation in December,simple advice but makes sense
EmersonHart13 likes this.
stock-t-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:48 PM   #199
The Midnight Sweeper
 
SleeperLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sandia Mountain
Posts: 10,721
Casino cash: $71479675
2.75 per day
Default

What is this mob mentality that people keep bringing up?
__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra 4wd SR5 TRD Offroad
2017 Can Am Maverick Max X3 XDS

SleeperLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:54 PM   #200
Bruh
 
DanJoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aurora
Posts: 28,032
Casino cash: $2147483647
6.36 per day
Default

Hate to shit on anybodies rainbow, but Doggie Diner turned into a Mexican restaurant recently.
DanJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts