Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > General Discussion > On Topic

User Tag List

Like Tree503Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2018, 06:15 PM   #151
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,129
Casino cash: $82105000
36.11 per day
Default

How about instead of coming back to tell us what pieces of shit we are, you explain your personal issue with what I can only assume is me. B/c after you stomped your feet and left over a year ago, you havent said a fucking WORD to me. OVER A FUCKING YEAR, Jim.

You arent any better than anyone on this fucking site.

So here it is out in the open. I would love to hear it, because you obviously could give two shits about talking to me personally. Been over a year man.
__________________
- TCG Owner & Operator -
We're in the Google Play and iOS App stores!

Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #152
Cupcake
 
Ti28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 9,462
Casino cash: $1496519
4.05 per day
Default

I like it the way it is.... where's this PSA thread? Did I miss something.
Ti28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:22 PM   #153
Who's The Masta!?!
 
Slolane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posts: 7,484
Casino cash: $10323908
2.00 per day
Default

tinfoilhat likes this.
__________________


OutRun
Racing

The ShoGun of Chicago

R.I.P. RAMON
Slolane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:23 PM   #154
Ho fuckin Ho!
 
willizm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Saint John, IN
Posts: 10,249
Casino cash: $44169400
2.78 per day
Default

Site needs moar dick pics
__________________
turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
1998 Supra Turbo 6speed swap in progress | 2010 Escalade Premium | 2006 Highlander

willizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:36 PM   #155
Smells own farts
 
VenomousDSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Yorkville, il
Posts: 13,169
Casino cash: $43381895
2.75 per day
Default

Man, it seems racism keeps coming up as the hot topic in these threads... Who here is talking negatively toward any specific race? That question STILL was never answered from the previous thread. I'm not talking about posting jokes or facts, im talking about RACISM, someone talking down to about a specific race, acting superior to them, etc.

As long as you're a good person with morals/ethics, obey laws, and don't tread on people's constitutional rights (first and second amendment specifically are big with people around here), you should be as welcome as ever from anyone on this site, doesn't matter who you are. You're always going to have people joke about stereotypes though from other races/nationalities, both online and in person. That isn't racism, that's humor. You have comedians who make careers out of that, yet no one jumps on their back. Trying to control people's freedom of speech by threatening to leave is absurd.
tinfoilhat, Eagle, Flyn and 2 others like this.
__________________
2003 DSG Cobra
1999 Performance Red GT (SOLD)
VenomousDSG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:46 PM   #156
Nemo me impune lacessit
 
Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Woodsticks, IL
Posts: 62,475
Casino cash: $169727200
15.15 per day
Default

As much as I'd like to weigh in on the racism stuff, I'll leave that to a later time. There are two sides to every coin though. Some of the stuff called out is really harmless, some however much more rare in occurrence, is pretty damn blatant.
__________________
2019 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 CCLB
2008 BMW 535i - MHD tuned
2004 BMW 330xi - kids cruiser
2004 VW New Beetle 2.0
2018 KTM 500 EXC-F
2018 Skidoo Renegade Backcountry X 850
2015 Polaris Indy SP 800
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #157
Formerly ScreamingMach46
 
RedBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 1,841
Casino cash: $19860900
0.50 per day
Default

I wrote out a bunch of stuff but didnít really like what I came up with once I read it. I suck at putting my thoughts into writing, so I threw a like on the posts I agree with and will just reiterate that I personally canít stand any more political shit be it here or any social media.

Itís seems a lot of people that come on the internet think itís not needed to follow the golden rule of ďtreat others how you want to be treatedĒ. Perhaps since most of us have grown up and have life shit in the way of getting out to meets and setting meets up that weíve lost that sense of human relatation to other memebers.
RedBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:58 PM   #158
Just Grazing
 
VenomInside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SFO
Posts: 24,187
Casino cash: $19317200
4.44 per day
Default

__________________
2018 WRX - Performance Pkg - Short Throw - etc.
2019 White Silver Metallic Jetta SEL
VenomInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:06 PM   #159
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7,145
Casino cash: $33714500
10.66 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slolane View Post
No. I will never popcorn the dying of a friendship like that. Mooks post makes me sad, because heís sacrificed so much and heís given so much to this site, and people just piss it away and donít realize what heís gone through to keep this site where it is today.

Mook has been nothing but professional and accommodating to everyone. And a lot of us take that for granted. When I see that post, it breaks my heart. The fact that Mook, of ALL members, feels he has to go on a break points to something that is wrong. Iím as guilty as anyone for taking advantage, and I sincerely apologize and want to know how I can make it up to you. I donít know you personally, but you name a time and place, and the beer is on me.
Kensington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:12 PM   #160
Powered by ES
 
IZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 38,985
Casino cash: $23441600
9.28 per day
Default

I think the best idea so far is to moderate the political stuff out of the other forums and keep the racist shit under control.

I find this whole racism being just “humor” to be non-sense, operating word here being intent, it’s almost always clear when people are being racist and hiding behind it being a joke.
greasy, RedBeard and Idoma like this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
I talk shit and never race....dats how I roll
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication, and competence." -Ayrton Senna
IZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:12 PM   #161
newb
 
EmersonHart13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,497
Casino cash: $48895000
10.23 per day
Default

Self Moderation
Idoma likes this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEZUZ View Post
deezuz christ out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
It seems cdh07 has made like a mortgage and walked away
EmersonHart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:14 PM   #162
I Haz New Teknologee
 
greasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Litter Box
Posts: 28,331
Casino cash: $6150000
6.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
How about instead of coming back to tell us what pieces of shit we are, you explain your personal issue with what I can only assume is me. B/c after you stomped your feet and left over a year ago, you havent said a fucking WORD to me. OVER A FUCKING YEAR, Jim.

You arent any better than anyone on this fucking site.

So here it is out in the open. I would love to hear it, because you obviously could give two shits about talking to me personally. Been over a year man.
I'll respond via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomousDSG View Post
Man, it seems racism keeps coming up as the hot topic in these threads... Who here is talking negatively toward any specific race? That question STILL was never answered from the previous thread. I'm not talking about posting jokes or facts, im talking about RACISM, someone talking down to about a specific race, acting superior to them, etc.

As long as you're a good person with morals/ethics, obey laws, and don't tread on people's constitutional rights (first and second amendment specifically are big with people around here), you should be as welcome as ever from anyone on this site, doesn't matter who you are. You're always going to have people joke about stereotypes though from other races/nationalities, both online and in person. That isn't racism, that's humor. You have comedians who make careers out of that, yet no one jumps on their back. Trying to control people's freedom of speech by threatening to leave is absurd.
When videos are posted of black people acting in the worst ways possible and then people post by post spell out "n i g g e r" I would consider that racist.

When people post videos of black people acting in the worst ways possible and calling them monkeys or animals that should be caged I would consider that racist.

When people refer to our former POTUS as a monkey, baboon, or the like I would consider that racist.

When there are people inferring that only black people are the ones taking benefit of unemployment, food stamps, committing crimes, etc....that is racist.

There are other examples that are on here, but I do not need to point them out to make my point.

Certain things are so obvious in life. People do not need to know that folks brawling in a Chucky Cheese on a Saturday after noon destroying the place and ruining other people's time at the restaurant is a bad thing. We know those people are morons, we don't need to point out their race.
__________________
"May your George Bush drink the blood of every single man, woman, and child of Iraq" - Borat


greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #163
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,129
Casino cash: $82105000
36.11 per day
Default

I dont want pitty, though I appreciate it. I definitely dont need it however, Im the cause of most of my own problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
No. I will never popcorn the dying of a friendship like that. Mooks post makes me sad, because he’s sacrificed so much and he’s given so much to this site, and people just piss it away and don’t realize what he’s gone through to keep this site where it is today.

Mook has been nothing but professional and accommodating to everyone. And a lot of us take that for granted. When I see that post, it breaks my heart. The fact that Mook, of ALL members, feels he has to go on a break points to something that is wrong. I’m as guilty as anyone for taking advantage, and I sincerely apologize and want to know how I can make it up to you. I don’t know you personally, but you name a time and place, and the beer is on me.
Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:17 PM   #164
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,650
Casino cash: $112465300
6.88 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomInside View Post
I agree with Mikey, way to serious.
__________________
Dave
17 Mustang GT
17 Pilot AWD
15 Elantra
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:17 PM   #165
newb
 
EmersonHart13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,497
Casino cash: $48895000
10.23 per day
Default

Self Moderation
Idoma likes this.
EmersonHart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:20 PM   #166
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,650
Casino cash: $112465300
6.88 per day
Default

Going to need a larger GoFundMe balance so Jimmy and Mook can go to the Bunny Ranch together and let the professionals exercise out their demons.
tinfoilhat likes this.
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:23 PM   #167
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7,145
Casino cash: $33714500
10.66 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
I dont want pitty, though I appreciate it. I definitely dont need it however, Im the cause of most of my own problems.
No pity intended, and the invitation stands. Iíve been a part of the forum for so long and Iíve never actually met you, but I feel like given the opportunity weíd actually get along pretty well. I just want you to know that there are people that appreciate what youíve done and continue to do for us.
Kensington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:25 PM   #168
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,650
Casino cash: $112465300
6.88 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
No pity intended, and the invitation stands. Iíve been a part of the forum for so long and Iíve never actually met you, but I feel like given the opportunity weíd actually get along pretty well. I just want you to know that there are people that appreciate what youíve done and continue to do for us.
Best post of the day.

100% agree
Eagle and DEEZUZ like this.
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:25 PM   #169
newb
 
EmersonHart13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,497
Casino cash: $48895000
10.23 per day
Default

Self Moderation
tinfoilhat, cacicgtp7 and Idoma like this.
EmersonHart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:30 PM   #170
 
cdh027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,606
Casino cash: $24233000
0.65 per day
Default

This thread needs NWS content.
EmersonHart13 and Ryan02Stang like this.
__________________
Fiber makes me sad.


1993 vibrant red Cobra - sold
2003 silver Cobra convertible - sold
2013 deep impact blue Shelby - sold
2018 admiral blue Z06/Z07

2017 Suburban Premier - wifes daily
2018 Denali HD - my junk
(CST 8" lift with FOX 2.0 LSC's)
2016 Cruze Limited - daily for the daily
cdh027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:35 PM   #171
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,650
Casino cash: $112465300
6.88 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasy View Post


I left because of 3 things: blatant/unchecked racism, way too much political discussion, and a personal issue with another member. The first 2 reasons holding the majority of the weight and the third with a moderate weight in which I will not get into.

I feel like am coming at this from a unique perspective as a former moderator and member. I see a lot of comments in regards to needing to have thick skin and just not go into specific threads if you are offended by them. I have a few problems with that thought process.

A. While this is just the internet, this community used to go well outside of that and I viewed it as such. I honestly tried to treat others on this forum the same way I would treat them in person. In fact, I try to be the same person online as I am in person, I don't view it as a means to act like a fool because nobody knows me outside of my SN. I enjoyed meeting members at car meets and such. It was great hanging out with car enthusiasts and it is one of the things I have greatly missed in my departure from this forum.

B. I would love to stay out of threads that are political in nature, but much like others here I browse the forum via the "New Posts" button. The main reason is I like being in touch with the current topics being discussed on the forum. While I often don't intend on commenting on certain banter, sometimes I like to read other people's thoughts to better learn about them.

C. There are things that go on here that are just plain ignorant and childish in terms of racism. It goes well beyond not walking into a particular thread because I disagree. I viewed the members of this forum at one point in time as my peers, many I still do. In my life outside of this forum I would never associate or put up with people acting/speaking like the stuff I see. This is why I spoke my mind so much on this subject.

In a nutshell I feel this site lost its identity as a car community from a lack of meets/events/cruises outside of this forum. While there were some meets at times, in my opinion that meets often spanned way up North which neglects the community in the South burbs. Remove the meets and people start losing the sense of community, the sense of people outside of just sitting behind a computer screen.

Hammer that wedge even more with divisive political talk and racist posts, you wind up with what you have going on now. A site that is a shell of its former self, which in all honesty is really sad. I used to have a sense of pride being associated with the TCG community.

Take it for what it is, I think things can change with the right adjustments. Those adjustments can only be made if the feedback is honestly looked at and addressed. That unfortunately I am not so confident in.


I skimmed this; good job recapping why you left / problems with the site, which you did a couples weeks back too, but what adjustments are needed to increase the member numbers, diversity, and quality of the threads?
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #172
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,650
Casino cash: $112465300
6.88 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh027 View Post
This thread needs NWS content.
@Marko
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #173
Cupcake
 
Ti28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 9,462
Casino cash: $1496519
4.05 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
No. I will never popcorn the dying of a friendship like that. Mooks post makes me sad, because heís sacrificed so much and heís given so much to this site, and people just piss it away and donít realize what heís gone through to keep this site where it is today.

Mook has been nothing but professional and accommodating to everyone. And a lot of us take that for granted. When I see that post, it breaks my heart. The fact that Mook, of ALL members, feels he has to go on a break points to something that is wrong. Iím as guilty as anyone for taking advantage, and I sincerely apologize and want to know how I can make it up to you. I donít know you personally, but you name a time and place, and the beer is on me.
Wait? Greasy?
Ti28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:42 PM   #174
I Haz New Teknologee
 
greasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Litter Box
Posts: 28,331
Casino cash: $6150000
6.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood on Blood View Post
I skimmed this; good job recapping why you left / problems with the site, which you did a couples weeks back too, but what adjustments are needed to increase the member numbers, diversity, and quality of the threads?
Thanks man, I don't want to get into a pissing match with people. Shit I still think that having a political forum is good, but in regards to that I think people should have more decorum and we should somehow remove it from popping up in New Posts or Live Feed because it does drown out a lot of the other topics at hand.

I don't think we necessarily need to adjust anything directly to address diversity or boosting membership. I think if we can have a more open or accepting site with much less opinionated political and racial talk people who lurk might be more prone to stay. Of course we are all fighting against the FB machine and what it does to forums like this.
greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #175
Smells own farts
 
VenomousDSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Yorkville, il
Posts: 13,169
Casino cash: $43381895
2.75 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasy View Post
I'll respond via PM.



When videos are posted of black people acting in the worst ways possible and then people post by post spell out "n i g g e r" I would consider that racist.

When people post videos of black people acting in the worst ways possible and calling them monkeys or animals that should be caged I would consider that racist.

When people refer to our former POTUS as a monkey, baboon, or the like I would consider that racist.

When there are people inferring that only black people are the ones taking benefit of unemployment, food stamps, committing crimes, etc....that is racist.

There are other examples that are on here, but I do not need to point them out to make my point.

Certain things are so obvious in life. People do not need to know that folks brawling in a Chucky Cheese on a Saturday after noon destroying the place and ruining other people's time at the restaurant is a bad thing. We know those people are morons, we don't need to point out their race.
I can 100% agree with this... NEVER have i done any of that, but it seems some members have specifically fingered me in doing it, yet can't back it up with post quotes or examples...

I also see members posting shit like THIS in friendly threads, and no one is calling them out on it. Is this acceptable now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sec View Post
greasy likes this.
VenomousDSG is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts