Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
After a lot of thought, and a meeting last week with powers that be that included Danwise the Bald, Bru of Naperville and others from the Fellowship of TCG, we have decided to give Lukes one last attempt at former glory.

The plan is to hit it hard from the start with an actual gameplan (which we partially have and are working on). Gonna give it a few weeks / months to see what damage can be repaired and if ultimately we're not seeing the results we need and want, then 2014 is the final year for Thursday Nights.

I'm gonna need everyones support (or at least those who are able to attend Lukes, enjoy it, etc). We're gonna need good showings, people to share opinions on how each night is going, so on and so forth. If we're gonna make this work, we're gonna need to treat each Thursday as its own meet, and not part of a whole.

I know a lot of you have already written Lukes off, and myself partially included. But Lukes has become a staple of TCG and I'm willing to give it one last attempt.

With the above said, we are in planning stages for our 2014 Event Calendar and are taking everything said in the "ideas thread" to heart and trying to work in what makes sense. I hope to have something to show for that by the end of March. We intend on having other meets to supplement Lukes throughout the year.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
godzilla_fuck_this_by_mrgrimlock-d6c2mwv.gif

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
TCG without lukes?? :/ I know I dont make it out a lot due to the drive but damn that would suck. Only thing would be to kick out the annoying kids and burn outs..... Oh and the hicks with trucks stealing all the close spots

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Im not gonna get into a debate again about the event but "kicking people out" isnt exactly as easy as it sounds. But we are committed to giving it our best and see what comes of it.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Im not gonna get into a debate again about the event but "kicking people out" isnt exactly as easy as it sounds. But we are committed to giving it our best and see what comes of it.

Totally understand since it is a public place. I was just saying it has always been a great time besides those areas at least for me

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Never been able to make it the last couple years due to work, then kinda avoided it due to some of the more interesting stories... But I'll likely be around occasionally this season, especially if [MENTION=4752]v6z24e[/MENTION], [MENTION=303]Shocker[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10881]ChiLAX[/MENTION] wants to roll deep up north.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I still think the event has one good fight left in it. I would for sure hate to see it go away as I've attended pretty regularly since I joined the forum in 2009. What I'm personally tired of seeing;

-Idiotic and reckless behavior behind the wheel. I PERSONALLY don't really care if someone does a quick burnout in the main driving area (between the two lots) but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of people doing donuts and drifting around in the lots.

-Kids (and adults) riding bicycles in the lot. Riding between cars, etc is not necessary. If you must ride your bike. Please keep it in the main driving areas. DO NOT try and fit your huffy between two cars. OR, better yet.... leave your bike by the restaurant and WALK around. I have not brought the '69 Olds back to Lukes do to this issue alone.

-Garbage. This one is pretty fucking simple if you're a considerate human being. Put it in the cans provided. Not on the ground, not on the concrete barrier around the light poles and not in the bed of my truck. (this has happened on numerous occasions) If I see someone do it and then walk back to their car I am going to purchase a chili cheese dog and large drink and proceed to smear it throughout the interior of your vehicle.

-Motorcyclists. A lot can be said on this topic. Again, it all comes down to respect. It just seems like the general demeanor of groups of riders is on par with a group of lemmings who senseless follow the "leader". PLEASE stop acting like fucking retards.

-Loud music. This isn't the BET Hip Hop awards. Take that shit elsewhere.

That's about all I've got for now. I'm sure there are tons of other topics I could touch on, but, the overall LACK OF RESPECT displayed by some of the attendees is what has inevitably killed the show. Unless we make it inconvenient for these people to continue to be the assholes they are, they will continue to show. I'm all for suggestions as to how to deal with the situation, but, as of now, I have no solid answers. Here is my only suggestion...

-Main lot for TCG Members ONLY. Local cruise nights have the right to turn away cars that do not fit the criteria, I see no issue with us doing the same.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I still think the event has one good fight left in it. I would for sure hate to see it go away as I've attended pretty regularly since I joined the forum in 2009. What I'm personally tired of seeing;

-Idiotic and reckless behavior behind the wheel. I PERSONALLY don't really care if someone does a quick burnout in the main driving area (between the two lots) but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of people doing donuts and drifting around in the lots.

-Kids (and adults) riding bicycles in the lot. Riding between cars, etc is not necessary. If you must ride your bike. Please keep it in the main driving areas. DO NOT try and fit your huffy between two cars. OR, better yet.... leave your bike by the restaurant and WALK around. I have not brought the '69 Olds back to Lukes do to this issue alone.

-Garbage. This one is pretty fucking simple if you're a considerate human being. Put it in the cans provided. Not on the ground, not on the concrete barrier around the light poles and not in the bed of my truck. (this has happened on numerous occasions) If I see someone do it and then walk back to their car I am going to purchase a chili cheese dog and large drink and proceed to smear it throughout the interior of your vehicle.

-Motorcyclists. A lot can be said on this topic. Again, it all comes down to respect. It just seems like the general demeanor of groups of riders is on par with a group of lemmings who senseless follow the "leader". PLEASE stop acting like fucking retards.

-Loud music. This isn't the BET Hip Hop awards. Take that shit elsewhere.

That's about all I've got for now. I'm sure there are tons of other topics I could touch on, but, the overall LACK OF RESPECT displayed by some of the attendees is what has inevitably killed the show. Unless we make it inconvenient for these people to continue to be the assholes they are, they will continue to show. I'm all for suggestions as to how to deal with the situation, but, as of now, I have no solid answers. Here is my only suggestion...

-Main lot for TCG Members ONLY. Local cruise nights have the right to turn away cars that do not fit the criteria, I see no issue with us doing the same.

Love the main lot idea thing however how do you find out who is a member and who is not? Someone just sitting there with a laptop looking up forum names?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Love the main lot idea thing however how do you find out who is a member and who is not? Someone just sitting there with a laptop looking up forum names?

Thats where the difficulty comes in to play and why I asked for other suggestions. I personally DON'T like my idea, but, it's just something to kick around. Either a TCG Sticker on the car, or, just judging it based on the person and car. By this point I could safely say I know 90% of the active people on here, it would be pretty simple to recognize them by face or by a car in a sig pic. If it's something we would want as part of the show, let 'em in. It's very very very simple to distinguish between the degenerates and civil people at Lukes.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Dam, I did not realize it was such a shit show. Maybe I need to stay away as I do not need to be cracking skulls for stupidity. I do not ever want to go
to jail
again.
I'm wiser now in my old age, sorta. But if someone disrepected me, friends, family or my vehicle...I'd go ape shit.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Thats where the difficulty comes in to play and why I asked for other suggestions. I personally DON'T like my idea, but, it's just something to kick around. Either a TCG Sticker on the car, or, just judging it based on the person and car. By this point I could safely say I know 90% of the active people on here, it would be pretty simple to recognize them by face or by a car in a sig pic. If it's something we would want as part of the show, let 'em in. It's very very very simple to distinguish between the degenerates and civil people at Lukes.

Agreed. I really think that idea should be tried at least 1 or 2 of the weeks as far as a tcg member lot only in the main section. Most people here like you can tell who is a member especially if we post a lot daily. mention the forum name and if you know the person your in.... questionable look it up quick on your phone. If your not a member your not in the lot

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
It's worth a shot. I'd have to say I would recognize most of the names. If someone said a name and I didn't off the top of my head and they didn't look like they were going to cause trouble, I would just give them the benefit of the doubt lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info