Another Day Another Tour Thread V. WHAT ARE WE DOING?

Tour 2018, where?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
BnnMQJT.gif

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
[MENTION=517]10sec[/MENTION]

What would you like to do?

Dammit, you could see who votes? I wanted someone to say "who picked something else?!?!" and I'd be all like :mamoru:

Honestly, I don't see the fun in driving for hours and hours, it would most certainly be 10x more fun if we were all in the same car and bullshitting whilst on the trip, that would be cool, but no way that's going to happen. I drive for about 4hrs with my friends to track my car at Gingerman, and is the most boring part of the entire weekend. Once we're there we have a bit of a drive to get to the store we shop at and we all ride together, that part is fun AF, I wish it was 4hrs of us just talking shit and having fun.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Dammit, you could see who votes? I wanted someone to say "who picked something else?!?!" and I'd be all like :mamoru:

Honestly, I don't see the fun in driving for hours and hours, it would most certainly be 10x more fun if we were all in the same car and bullshitting whilst on the trip, that would be cool, but no way that's going to happen. I drive for about 4hrs with my friends to track my car at Gingerman, and is the most boring part of the entire weekend. Once we're there we have a bit of a drive to get to the store we shop at and we all ride together, that part is fun AF, I wish it was 4hrs of us just talking shit and having fun.

So we'll Video Conference you in?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I'm okay with either your original Detroit idea, or a clock-wise circle tour.

Hell, I'm okay with repeating the Kentucky Gang-bang too.

The past two were fun. And to be honest, much of the fun is the scenic and tour-type roads.

All the people who hem and haw suck. Do the tour, have fun.

Don't wanna drive? Ask for a ride. Can share the mileage and drive time. Money is saved for those who are looking at that.

Most hotels also have the double queens, so that reduces the cost a bit too.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

I has passenger seats available.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
[MENTION=85]EmersonHart13[/MENTION]

Probably should have took input from past successful TCG tour organizers instead of planning your own tour.

I PM'd with [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] several times. Mook said he wasn't doing it this year so didn't think I needed to talk with him. I PM'd [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] about some help with dates. Who else did I miss? I'm sorry if you were looking for a PM as I didn't know who all the past organizers were and if you were one of them. Not to mention I made a post about ideas and anyone could have reached out to me and no one did. So I don't really feel like I dropped the ball. But since you obviously think I did thanks for the shot to the nuts. I have spent more hours than I care to think about figuring out how to do the Detroit trip with no previous experience to fall back on. I just tried to apply what I could from what Bru did and use the input he gave me (which I am very thankful for as I know he is a VERY busy guy these days) to do the best I could to keep this trip alive because it is one of my favorite things to do. But your response coupled with the lack of response from most of the people who had shown interest shows me I may have wasted quite a bit of my time.

Seriously. I don't understand this place anymore.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Panda's comment was way out of line.

And you were absolutely right, I bowed out for 2018 so I really had no feedback....and quite honestly, Bru has been the mastermind most of the time for past Tours...along with help from Jim. I mean I helped but planning things has never been my strong suit. You were absolutely right to go to Bru first and get his feedback.

Salvage what you can and enjoy yourselves. Thats the only advice I can give.

Thread Info