Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > Community > TCG Tour

User Tag List

Like Tree897Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2017, 07:18 PM   #751
newb
 
EmersonHart13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,527
Casino cash: $49210000
10.23 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru View Post
Ridgeline towing a camper
That was for @Yaj Yak

https://flic.kr/p/Y2XXom
Yaj Yak likes this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEZUZ View Post
deezuz christ out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
It seems cdh07 has made like a mortgage and walked away
EmersonHart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:24 PM   #752
newb
 
EmersonHart13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,527
Casino cash: $49210000
10.23 per day
Default

And TCG Tour 10/10 material:


https://flic.kr/p/YnXxLd
Smokinhot, wombat and BS ISF like this.
EmersonHart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:10 PM   #753
 
BADAZZTEALCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 19,546
Casino cash: $47981698
4.79 per day
Default

Looks like it was a good trip!

Really need to get my POS up and going for next year!
BADAZZTEALCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #754
I haz dat teddy bear smile.
 
10sec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 22,909
Casino cash: $87912925
5.76 per day
Default

Glad ya'll had fun!
__________________
2005 S2000
10sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #755
JTICE
 
LoveSpank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: bolingbrook
Posts: 5,041
Casino cash: $49563600
1.90 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
1000+ miles, home sweet home. Ah, where to begin, this trip has given me a lot to digest.

This has been a long year for me (and its not over yet). A lot of things have taken a backseat or have flat out been neglected...the site has been one of those things.

After we set the dates and @Bru and I did some initial planning, I completely lost interest in the Tour...to the point where I didn't really have feelings for it one way or the other....this weekend 100% changed that and renewed my commitment to this community. It helped me clear one (of many) life ruts.

Anyway, on to the thank yous:

First and foremost, @Bru. You put together an AMAZING weekend. The routes and roads were amazing. Fantastic scenery and fantastic twists. Wish you could have made it man.

Second, @EmersonHart13. You and I butt heads a ton but you stepped up this year. You got the shirts done, stickers done (with the help of Tamm I assume) and you were on top of dinner each night (Heather too). You were instrumental in keeping the group focused when we arrived each evening. Thank you.

Third, to @Jack. You keep the site humming a long in the background, ten years strong and basically a thankless job. Glad you made it out another year.

@OffshoreDrilling and @Eagle, you guys kept the group together and informed the entire time. You led the way and nailed it. Appreciate it gents.

@wombat and Mrs. Wombat, you guys did great with keeping the front of the pack and the back of the pack together and connected. Also appreciate it.

@Vogz, you got that midnight pizza, pube free. Win.

To EVERYONE that attended, thank you all...this trip was fantastic b/c of all of you.

MV FUCKING P goes to @CTC DEEZUL and the IROC. You got that thing done in just over a month and it made the 1300 mile trip without incident, total rockstar.

To those that bailed for no reason or that had to bail for various reasons, you missed out on another great adventure. Maybe I'll give you guys 12 month notice next time
Best thing u have posted all year. Glad u got the spark back and cleared your head.
I truly am bummed I couldn't attend. Glad to see all had fun.
__________________
SHOCKERRACING
LoveSpank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #756
I haz dat teddy bear smile.
 
10sec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 22,909
Casino cash: $87912925
5.76 per day
Default

^^^That. Hopefully it sparks TCGTour2018 and there's an even bigger turnout.
10sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:51 PM   #757
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,155
Casino cash: $82425000
36.10 per day
Default

The turnout is what it is. No amount of advanced notice will keep people committed.

The large group has been a blast and the small group (this year) was equally a blast.

I'm not going to worry about the tour turnouts going forward. We've already got a core group that's always going to be in.
__________________
- TCG Owner & Operator -
We're in the Google Play and iOS App stores!

Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM   #758
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,155
Casino cash: $82425000
36.10 per day
Default

That said, 2018 (at least as of 9:52 tonight), is a go.
Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #759
Escrow shortage crew
 
DEEZUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NWI
Posts: 42,300
Casino cash: $91138001
10.95 per day
Default

Many thanks guys.

Especially for letting me be slow when I had to be and fast when I was feeling it
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.bu View Post
I had a girl like that once. Everytime I put my hand down her pants, it felt like feeding oats to a horse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
THIS IS TCG, DOES IT LOOK LIKE WE CARE WHAT IT COSTS!??!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
That's a nice dick.


DEEZUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:05 PM   #760
Moist Ass Bitch
 
Vogz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Batavia, IL
Posts: 4,370
Casino cash: $16556295
0.92 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
1000+ miles, home sweet home. Ah, where to begin, this trip has given me a lot to digest.

This has been a long year for me (and its not over yet). A lot of things have taken a backseat or have flat out been neglected...the site has been one of those things.

After we set the dates and @Bru and I did some initial planning, I completely lost interest in the Tour...to the point where I didn't really have feelings for it one way or the other....this weekend 100% changed that and renewed my commitment to this community. It helped me clear one (of many) life ruts.

Anyway, on to the thank yous:

First and foremost, @Bru. You put together an AMAZING weekend. The routes and roads were amazing. Fantastic scenery and fantastic twists. Wish you could have made it man.

Second, @EmersonHart13. You and I butt heads a ton but you stepped up this year. You got the shirts done, stickers done (with the help of Tamm I assume) and you were on top of dinner each night (Heather too). You were instrumental in keeping the group focused when we arrived each evening. Thank you.

Third, to @Jack. You keep the site humming a long in the background, ten years strong and basically a thankless job. Glad you made it out another year.

@OffshoreDrilling and @Eagle, you guys kept the group together and informed the entire time. You led the way and nailed it. Appreciate it gents.

@wombat and Mrs. Wombat, you guys did great with keeping the front of the pack and the back of the pack together and connected. Also appreciate it.

@Vogz, you got that midnight pizza, pube free. Win.

To EVERYONE that attended, thank you all...this trip was fantastic b/c of all of you.

MV FUCKING P goes to @CTC DEEZUL and the IROC. You got that thing done in just over a month and it made the 1300 mile trip without incident, total rockstar.

To those that bailed for no reason or that had to bail for various reasons, you missed out on another great adventure. Maybe I'll give you guys 12 month notice next time


Had a fucking awesome time.
__________________
SHOCKERRACING

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone
bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Vogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:15 PM   #761
 
shockerracing.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dundee, IL
Posts: 2,579
Casino cash: $13118600
0.54 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
That said, 2018 (at least as of 9:52 tonight), is a go.

Count Kim and I in for that, she's angry she couldn't go this year... especially after I showed her the Docking Pic.
__________________
TCG Tour 2017

shockerracing.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:56 AM   #762
newb
 
EmersonHart13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,527
Casino cash: $49210000
10.23 per day
Default

Excellent news!
EmersonHart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:58 AM   #763
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,962
Casino cash: $127325000
6.72 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
That said, 2018 (at least as of 9:52 tonight), is a go.
I liked the idea of doing the loop every other year, and the in between trips always being something new BTW.
__________________
I recently had a sex change and bought a 10 Prius.

OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:41 AM   #764
Nemo me impune lacessit
 
Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Woodsticks, IL
Posts: 62,478
Casino cash: $169767200
15.15 per day
Default

Taking suggestions for next year... I like Tail of the Dragon myself....
Vogz likes this.
__________________
2019 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 CCLB
2008 BMW 535i - MHD tuned
2004 BMW 330xi - kids cruiser
2004 VW New Beetle 2.0
2018 KTM 500 EXC-F
2018 Skidoo Renegade Backcountry X 850
2015 Polaris Indy SP 800
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #765
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,155
Casino cash: $82425000
36.10 per day
Default

How many hours drive is that? Would fit in w/ the idea of 1 day of straight driving to location, 2 days to enjoy location, then 1 day of straight driving back. Something like that.
Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #766
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,155
Casino cash: $82425000
36.10 per day
Default

About 13 hours.
Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #767
Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
 
Thirdgen89GTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 9,963
Casino cash: $96211300
3.12 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Taking suggestions for next year... I like Tail of the Dragon myself....
Tail of the Dragon would have to be a longer trip. But I would be in for that.
__________________
Toy: 1989 Pontiac TransAm GTA | LT1 M6 Swap | Cammed, AFR 195s, LTs, SLP 2otL Catback
Daily Driver: 2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | RS2 Package | 350hp AWD Goodness.


Thirdgen89GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #768
newb
 
EmersonHart13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,527
Casino cash: $49210000
10.23 per day
Default

I'd like to go northwest. Minnesota via western WI
Eagle and DEEZUZ like this.
EmersonHart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #769
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,155
Casino cash: $82425000
36.10 per day
Default

Tail might be a "smaller" type deal, maybe not for Tour. 13 hours is a A LOT of driving and not everyone can take off a bunch of work days.

That MN pic Bru posted looked sick.
EmersonHart13 and DEEZUZ like this.
Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:05 PM   #770
 
wombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 12,485
Casino cash: $5577243
2.92 per day
Default

What would we consider 1 day's drive? 8ish hours?
__________________
2014 Ford Focus ST3

Upload your pictures to TCG! See below:
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/foru...o-sharing.html

wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:05 PM   #771
Escrow shortage crew
 
DEEZUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NWI
Posts: 42,300
Casino cash: $91138001
10.95 per day
Default

Double digits no ty
EmersonHart13 likes this.
DEEZUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:07 PM   #772
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 159,155
Casino cash: $82425000
36.10 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
What would we consider 1 day's drive? 8ish hours?
We did what? 6 hours per day this year? Give or take?
EmersonHart13 likes this.
Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:10 PM   #773
 
wombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 12,485
Casino cash: $5577243
2.92 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
We did what? 6 hours per day this year? Give or take?
Yeah, I could see 8 do-able, w/ maybe a 1-2 hr drive next am to get to destination. Looking west, that could put us in Fargo ND.

Sub 8 - Looking east that could put us in Pittsburgh, South Nashville/Memphis area. Just some initial ideas if people know things to do around those areas.
wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:39 PM   #774
newb
 
EmersonHart13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,527
Casino cash: $49210000
10.23 per day
Default TCG Tour 2017 - The Circle Strikes Back - (Sept 8-11)

Sub 8

More than that is too much imo
DEEZUZ likes this.
EmersonHart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:01 PM   #775
I haz dat teddy bear smile.
 
10sec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 22,909
Casino cash: $87912925
5.76 per day
Default

Sheeit, more than 2hrs is too much IMO. Passengering on the other hand, I can passenger for hours.
10sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts