2016 planning questions

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
I'm curious on this and think it could be helpful for those planning next year. Yes, its early, but the sooner, the better.

How many days would be best? This year was Friday to Sunday. What about Friday to Monday? Maybe a short Thursday night, then longer day on Friday? I think the weekend is crucial, and helps with people using vacation days.

Also, what is your preferred drive time per day? If you think about 6 hours of driving, with fuel and even a quick food stop, that can turn into almost 8 hours in a car.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I can do whatever as long as the trip delivers.

I'd say no more than 6 hours in the car a day. I feel like I was at a rock concert all weekend from the noise my car makes and I know mine isn't that loud compared to some of the others. The drive is most of the fun, but I do like to see stuff when I pass through.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
An extra day would be great to explore some of the scenic areas. There were a bunch of pull-offs in the UP that would have been ripe for a photo opportunity next to the lake. They had enough room for us, too.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm ready for next year.

Cugppgl.png

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Taking off on Thursday night after work to make a short trip and paying for a hotel that night only to be leaving early Friday wouldn't work out too well. IMO starting fresh Friday morning then being home by Sunday evening is about my limit. This year I already planned for 4 day weekend,having to day off to rest up is awesome

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
If we're doing a two day weekend cruise, I like taking twisty rt20 to Galena, partying, and driving back.

That's about the October cruise^^, wrong thread.

I also prefer fri-sun. Another day for hotels is 100-200 more. Plus more fuel for that extra day, makes it an expensive trip.

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
If we're doing a two day weekend cruise, I like taking twisty rt20 to Galena, partying, and driving back.

That's about the October cruise^^, wrong thread.

I also prefer fri-sun. Another day for hotels is 100-200 more. Plus more fuel for that extra day, makes it an expensive trip.

I second this. Rt 20 has some nice twisty roads, although it is all 2 lane. But I bet it will be awesome in the fall. Id be down.

Thread Info