Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
First off, I want to sincerely thank each any every one of you that attended. This trip was awesome because of you all. This was easily the biggest undertaking the site has ever done and I would like to think it was a complete success - though it wasn't without its faults, but we have already learned a lot.

Let me get this out of the way right, this is happening next year - bigger, better. Initial planning is already underway.

- Some thoughts from the weekend -

Separation while cruising, which I initially thought was a negative, isn't really a problem (well not completely). I still like the idea of the group sticking all within sight, but its just extremely hard to do, especially w/ the wide range of cars that show up for something like this. The problem is there needs to be a concrete rally point. As long as EVERYONE knows where the group is heading, they can get their at a pace of their choosing. The problem was we were somewhat changing the gameplan up on the fly, a no no.

This next one, I'm going to take much of the responsibility on. Routes, destinations and overall plans were put into place but not necessarily enforced. Organization suffered a bit once the trip was underway...part of that was growing pains, but most of it was me not effectively communicating with my team. I kind of looked and acted like a doof when I was asked about a destination, the route, etc. I kind of shrugged it off and tried to pass it to someone else...the owner of the site shouldnt be pulling that crap, and I definitely apologize.

[MENTION=89]SinisterSHO[/MENTION] (I think it was Steve) brought up a good point that we definitely need to call ahead to any lunch or dinner spots (weeks in advance) to make sure they can accommodate us both inside and outside in the lot. A bit more research in that department. Definitely more of a growing pain type of deal. That also gave me the good (or maybe bad I suppose depending on how it would play out) of alerting the smaller cities of our group rolling through. We hit up a gas station on 31 yesterday evening and the kids there were going ape shit :rofl: I think the smaller towns on the route would get a kick out of seeing us, much like they do for Power Tour.

We need to stick to roads that either have a constant two lanes or one lane with minimal traffic :rofl: Some of those one lane roads, while fun to blast past people, had my road rage at maximum rustled. :rofl: Really nothing we could have done about it, but worth mentioning.

Having the GroupMe chat was actually awesome. I originally really just intended it to be for route communication and such but it ended up being like we were all on the forum while driving :rofl: It was great to have everyone talking and having fun. I intend to leave it open for general chit chat and for more feedback and such.

I think we need to dedicate specific people as official Tour media. We were all snapping and whatnot but Id like to have someone I know is going to be capturing the moments.

[MENTION=2693]Mr.bu[/MENTION] is a hilarious drunk.

[MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] sprays his Vette.

[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION]'s Z06 is sexy, I dont care what you haters say.

I finally rode in [MENTION=1909]utryd2[/MENTION]'s Z06.

[MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] experienced a GTR launch.

[MENTION=206]skeezer[/MENTION] takes his shirt off when its hot.

[MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION], really glad you came out man.

[MENTION=11625]Lunchbox[/MENTION], we need to use your Scion to go back in time. 88mph.

I broke my car. Again.

Like I said, we learned a ton from this weekend and will be applying it to 2016. We hope to have a general outline and dates ready to announce by the end of the year, if not sooner.

Thanks everyone.

Instagram Pics
Emerson Pics

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
e4574c58e6803d979df361e06b033a42.jpg

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
So how I am going to justify missing the inaugural TCG tour is how I justify not buying the first year of a new generation of car. This is merely to make me sleep better at night.

Glad everything went well and can't wait to participate next year.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
We're pretty sure a clip/ring inside the clutch failed. There is a cup that the slave rod sits in and said cup is supposed to be at a certain position but its basically locked and wont move past that point. So we're guessing the $3 ring broke. Will find out tomorrow more than likely.

Clutch basically stopped working once I got off the highway (I didnt know it failed b/c I had been sitting in 5th gear for like 45 minutes).

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
We're pretty sure a clip/ring inside the clutch failed. There is a cup that the slave rod sits in and said cup is supposed to be at a certain position but its basically locked and wont move past that point. So we're guessing the $3 ring broke. Will find out tomorrow more than likely.

Clutch basically stopped working once I got off the highway (I didnt know it failed b/c I had been sitting in 5th gear for like 45 minutes).

I heard a rumor that u couldn't keep up with the Iroc-Z. [emoji106]?

Thread Info