• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Remote start for car with push button start

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I'd like to add a remote start to my 2012 MKS. I used to have a 96 Blazer that I installed a $60 Viper remote start, but that car was much more "simple" so it was overall a pretty straight forward process.

I've been looking at the one below since it offers a small one button fob, so I don't have to carry around 2 big fobs, since I'll still have to use the Lincoln fob for push to start.

My question is, will I need to install some other module or interface to get this to work with a push to start? On my Blazer, I had to put the key in the ignition, turn it to "on" and I could just drive away. Not sure how this would work with a push button start.

Appreciate any input.

Viper 4816V Remote start system with 2-way remotes at Crutchfield.com

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
I dont know what all is involved but I know on my 13' caddy with a push button they were able to integrate remote start to the factory remote and it was extremely easy because of the push start. I don't know if it varies by manufacture but it sounded like it was just some sort of programming and a module.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I dont know what all is involved but I know on my 13' caddy with a push button they were able to integrate remote start to the factory remote and it was extremely easy because of the push start. I don't know if it varies by manufacture but it sounded like it was just some sort of programming and a module.

Thats how many of the 13+ Fords are. Every one of then is actually built with a remote start, its just a matter of being activated or not. I know people that have brought their Explorers in that did not have remote start when they bought it, and its as simple as getting a new fob and having it activated...for like $500...LOL.

I don't think my MKS is in the same boat, as the dealer actually has to install a remote start and I end up with two fobs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info