• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

husky air compressor

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Using the air gun today the coupler going to the gun started leaking air more than usual. So I finally took it off the end of the hose and as its unscrewing, water starts seeping out along with the air. Ive seen water bubbles before in it come out filling my tires. But finally getting around to rethreading the coupler to the line all the water comes outs. I have this dohickey that catches the water in the line. But havent used it lately because I believe it leaks air also. Question is, why am I getting water into the compressor and the line? Just moisture in the air or what?

This is the filter I have but not in use at the time.
oilfillter-jpg.310439

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
All air compressors will accumulate water from the humidity in the air.

You should drain your tank after every use, add a in line filter. An air dryer is the best but very expensive and overkill for home use. A decassiant filter with media is good but also costly.

It looks like what you have is an air separator which is ok for filling tires, air gun etc. but you want something decent for air tools.

Also 50ft of hard line is recommended as the longer the hard line is the cooler the air is by the time it reaches your water seperator/dryer.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
You should drain it often to get the most life out of it. You "should" but not many people do.
My little harbor freight 29 gallon compressor runs my cnc all the time and gets a lot of water in it. I've drained it maybe 5 times in the past 3 years.

Just open the valve and cover your ears, and sometimes I let it run while the valve is open to be sure I get it all out. And get a few rags or a bucket because it's gonna make a mess. It's rusty looking water.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info