• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical LC1 wideband users: Upgrade to Firmware 1.2!

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
All,

for those of you using LC1 wideband sensors, I just upgraded to the "beta" 1.2 firmware version, and it really seemed to improve the accuracy and stability of the readings I get from the LC1 during operation.

This may be old news, but I just finally did it and am happy with the result.

It is recommended to flash back to Rev 1.00 first, then flash to the Rev 1.20 RC4 file.

*NOTE* I got an error message that says "cannot connect to device" after flashing with one firmware and then trying to upload the next after a power cycle. The way to resolve the problem is to change a setting on the analog output, and then click program (then change it back to what you want it to be). After doing so, you should have no problem with the firmware upgrade going through.

I attached firmware rev 1.0, and rev 1.2 in .rar (need to unzip them) with this post. Rev 1.1 is available on the Innovate support page of their website.

Final note: this firmware upgrade doesn't require re-calibration of the sensor (though it is probably a good idea anyway, because you know you have not been following the re-calibration schedule)

Attachments

• LC1-V100A.rar
    11.2 KB · Views: 257
  • lc1b120rc4.rar
    11 KB · Views: 249

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
I have a question about the gauge reading. Maybe you would know whats wrong. I hooked the wiring up correctly, but maybe its the configuration on the program. The gauge will read low numbers, then climb slowly. Till it reachs 15.0 and stay there. Ill check out the firmware update but Im sure this isnt going to help my situation.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
If it's during startup usually the gauge will read 1.0 lambda or 14.7 afr for a few seconds as it's warming up. Once it's warmed up which seems to be about 20 seconds or so then it's ready to go.

I have an LM2 and need to check into a firmware update. I just spent a good deal of time over the weekend getting my histograms and gauges working in HPTuners to read for lambda, commanded lambda and lambda error so hopefully after running the firmware update it doesn't dick my settings.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Right I read into the set up. But the programming I think is where I screwed up. Like this screen.

programmer_analog_screen.jpg

Sorry to make this into asking question lol. I will update though.

Nadanutcase

Sep 12, 2018
First of all THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE FIRMWARE. I am running two Innovate LC's including a NOS LC-1 I bought with a G2 gauge (because I prefer analog style gauges) and found that the controller is still running version 1.00a firmware.

I called Innovate and discovered that AUTOMETER bought them fairly recently and was told they (Autometer) DUMPED pretty much all of the legacy support stuff (it looks like all they have on their website now are manuals). So posts like this firmware are increasingly useful for those of us running their older products.

Lew

May 6, 2021
Hi all,

I just joined the forum in order to download those two very useful Firmware files. Thankyou very much!

Meanwhile, I am having a problem with my XD-16 (serial) display, which I love. I think I may have corrupted the firmware in that. Can anyone tell me where I may be able to find it?

My current Version is 1.00b, but I think any version will be fine. I'm just using it as an AFR display.

I have written to Innovate Support, and am still waiting for a reply. Froim what is written in the post above, I'm guessing that they will not be able to help me.

Lew.

Lew

May 6, 2021
Hi Mook,

Thanks for forwarding this to Handsome Jesus.

I just got up (at 3:30 AM in Sydney!) and called the Innovate / Autometer Support line. They confirmed what Nadanutcase said a few posts back, so I have to keep looking elsewhere.

I could buy an analogue gauge, but I like the serial interface. I'm also looking for the serial specs, baud rate, etc. of the Innovate serial devices.

Lew.

Lew

May 6, 2021
Hi all,

I have the impression that nobody had any problems with their XD-16s, so they did not need to update their Firmware.

But just in case, I will update the likely names of the required Firmware: XD16-V100A. dld or XD16-V100NB.dld

I think that an earlier version of the XD-16 was the XD-1, so other possible names are XD1-V100A.dld or XD1-V100B.dld

There might have been a hyphen after XD in these names, but I think that is less likely.

I think some versions of early Firmware may have also ended with .bin

I have posted a photo of the XD-16 under my Intro post entitled "Hi from Lew in Sydney".

Best wishes to you all,

Lew.

Lew

May 6, 2021
Thanks Handsome Jesus,

I'm pretty sure that my problem is with the XD-16 because it works fine in lambda mode, but not AFR mode. I hit a block when I try to re-configure it for AFR using the LM Programmer software. I'm sort of getting used to using it in lambda mode now, but it still annoys me that it's "broken" so I would still like to update the firmware.

MEANWHILE, I have been getting a few E8 errors from the LC-1 controller during the last few days, and that certainly COULD be a connector problem, so thanks for the hint about that. (According to the LC-1 manual, E8 could be a damaged sensor, or an overheating problem. I will try doing a new sensor heater calibration next.)

Best wishes,

Lew.

PS I found a great hint on the Innovate web site for doing an easy "free air calibration" without removing the sensor from the exhaust manifold, or waiting a long time to ensure that there is no fuel left in the manifold. If your engine management computer is programmed for full "fuel-cut on decelerate" you can do a free air calibration while going downhill with your foot off the gas. I've tried it a few times and it works really well. This is only good for manual transmission of course, to ensure that the engine is engaged and pumping fresh air though the exhaust manifold.

Lew

May 6, 2021
Hi guys,

Here is an update for those of you who may be interested in my issues with the Innovate XD-16 display, and more recent problems with the LC-1.

After exchanging a few emails with Innovate Support, I went to a web archive website called WAYBACK MACHINE. This is website is run by the Internet Archive which is a library in San Francisco. On that web site, I was able to look at the Innovate Motorsports web site back to about 2003, and I was able to download historic firmware and support documents for the older Innovate products. I found the firmware for the XD-16 there, and it was called XD1-V100.dld, which was one of the names I guessed above. The XD-16 evolved from the XD-1 in about 2005. However, it seems to be the same product, so maybe it was just a name change.

Uploading the new driver into my XD-16 did not fix my problem however! The Low and High AFR limits were still stuck on zero, and the LM Programmer software still did not allow me to change them. I was still using the version of LM Programmer that came with the display in about 2013-14, but it had always worked in the past, so I didn't suspect it. At this point I figured that I had nothing to lose by trying the current version of LM Programmer, which can be download from current The Innovate website. Then I had to search for a Windows10 driver for my ancient USB to Serial converter, which was another mission! Finally I hooked it up with the XD-16, and it cleared the corrupted Limits instantly when I went to the relevant tab in the software. My XD-16 is now working perfectly! It's possible that the fix was a combination of updating the firmware, and and then clearing the AFR limits using the latest LM Programmer, but I think it was probably only the latter.

Meanwhile, my LC-1 is dying, but it's not a connection problem. I have it mounted too close to the exhaust manifold and it has been damaged by getting too hot. The E8 errors were telling the truth! It works for a while after I start the car, but starts flashing E8 after about 10 minutes of driving. I need to get a bung welded about 20 inches down the exhaust. I've just bought another LC-1 and in the meantime I will keep using it in the present position. Experience tells me that it will last quite a while.

Thanks again to all of you who attempted to help me. I hope the information above is helpful to someone else.

Best wishes,

Lew.

nick9one1

Sep 1, 2021
Thanks to everyone thats posted advice and links here, been very useful in trying to get my LC-01 going. Unfortunately I'm still struggling :(

The original sensor was giving 'heater sensor shorted', so I bought a brand new bosch lsu 4.2 sensor from Innovate. I reset the heater calibration, and then get error 8 (sensor timing). I've re-tried the heater calibration a few times but always get this error.

The lc-01 is currently on 1.00a firmware and I cant flash it with anything else. I've tried the method of changing one of the analog out values and clicking program before attempt to update, but it does the same :(
I've tried a number of different firmware versions, inc 1.00 but it always does the same thing.

preludefan

Sep 6, 2021
Thank you to the person who uploaded the update files.
I have an LC-1 that I bought many years ago with a Megasquirt v2.2 which needs an update (still on 1.0).

Circa 2013, there was talk online of how LC-1`s used to eat Bosch sensors as it has a PWM algorithm that could damage the sensor`s heater (version 1.0 and maybe 1.1?).
Before Innovate discontinued the product, I believe they released a fix for this, but I do not know which version this was.

If anyone is able to confirm which version the fix is in, can you please pass this on, as every LC-1 controller should have it...

Thanks again and fk Autometer for dropping support of a still very useful and costly tool :mad::mad::mad:(n)(n)(n)

Regards from New Zealand

Mike

Insta: preludefan

preludefan

Sep 6, 2021
OK, so mine is now sorted, as mentioned the problem loading the firmware was present and to fix it I tweaked a setting on the first output and it went through without a hitch.
Logworks3 seems to crash consistently when clicking on the inactive gauges however this was probably superseded 15 years ago:ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info