• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2005 Magnum R/T in limp mode.

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Feb 12, 2008
Coal City, IL
So I've tried researching and haven't found a lot of help on the subject. Car is a 2005 Magnum R/T with the 5.7 Hemi.

The car went into limp mode the other day, had to get it towed home. Threw the scanner on, I have a P0340, P0129, and P0405.

I replaced the EGR valve once right after I got the car. That was a about 3 months ago. Bought a Dorman unit I believe from Rockauto.com. I also replaced the Cam position sensor 2 weeks ago, bought one from the dealer. Car ran great for a day, then the issue returned.

Here's a pic of my dash.

IMAG0669_zpsnryrhybx.jpg

Any ideas? From what I've found on the issue, it could be a bad cam sensor, throttle body, broken wire, or pcm. So, not really sure where to start and I don't want to just start throwing parts at it.

TIA.

frosty23_45

Broke Dodge owner
Feb 12, 2008
Coal City, IL
Update: So found the receipt from the dealer, you were right can't return that sensor. Anyway, cleared the codes tried to start, they returned and car was in limp mode again. So, still had the original sensor. Reinstalled it and cleared the codes. Car started right up. So, I'm thinking the original is starting to fail, and the replacement was DOA. Only worked for a day. Going to order another one, and also a MAP sensor due to the codes thrown.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info