• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Fluid Evacuator

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
tztH8Vk.png

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It
Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
I use one on my Audi.

I bought a miytvac off amazon for like $80. It works well, I just know that it doesn't get all of the oil out. I have drained the oil from the pan before (it has a drain plug, but they are designed to have the oil sucked out of the dipstick tube) and when draining the oil out of the pan, it takes just under 5 quarts to fill (like 4.8-4.9) and when I use the evacuator it takes exactly 4. But that little .8-.9 quart of used oil doesn't really bother me because I change the oil more frequently than spec anyway. Spec is 10k miles, and I usually do 5k. I don't trust oil to go 10k miles, and IMHO it's cheap insurance to make sure the engine lasts.

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
I use one on my Audi.

I bought a miytvac off amazon for like $80. It works well, I just know that it doesn't get all of the oil out. I have drained the oil from the pan before (it has a drain plug, but they are designed to have the oil sucked out of the dipstick tube) and when draining the oil out of the pan, it takes just under 5 quarts to fill (like 4.8-4.9) and when I use the evacuator it takes exactly 4. But that little .8-.9 quart of used oil doesn't really bother me because I change the oil more frequently than spec anyway. Spec is 10k miles, and I usually do 5k. I don't trust oil to go 10k miles, and IMHO it's cheap insurance to make sure the engine lasts.

did you use the manual pump style? was it fairly easy? I've read mixed opinions on it so far trying to justify spending the extra money and buying the air type

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It
Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info