• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Feeling lazy, shop time question

The Bluegrass Nomad

Five-oh ho no mo
Feb 4, 2011
Sadieville, KY
I know of course the hourly rate is different here in KY compared to the Chicago area so I'm not looking for pricing, but was hoping to get help with a rough estimate on book time.

I don't have a garage yet otherwise I would do it myself but need to have new torsion keys and an idler arm installed in my 99 Silverado 2500. The new torsion keys are a level lift if that makes any difference, and the truck is a 4wd.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Y'all!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
cuntfullofskittles is right on the time.... but some quick advice.
if the idler is gone then the pitman isnt far behind, that is the PITA to change but i should at least mention it.

another thing is that people rarely measure and install the idler in the correct spot, it should be installed to make sure its pin joint is parallel with the pitman arm pin joint.

if they do not end up parallel. be ready to change the idler arm and pitmanl next as they will both wear out real fast.

its not hard to get the idler tight enough that it cant move but you can still tap it around with a hammer while you move the wheels lock to lock to measure the pin joint to frame rail height at both ends till you get a nice clean, non binding arc...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list