• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Repairing/Patching Hole in Floorboard

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
My cutlass has a medium sized hole in the rear driver side floorboard. What is the best way to go about patching this hole? I do not need it to be perfect. There are other areas of the car with slight rust and I do not expect it to live forever. However, I would like to repair it in a way that prevents this from becoming a bigger issue in the not too distant future. I attached a few pictures of the hole. Thanks in advance.

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
Cut out the rust and weld in a patch panel out while replacement for board - don't half ass it and just glue or weld a piece of metal on top of the hole and call it good add it will just continue to rust

Where would I go to have something like that done? I do not have access to a welder, nor do I have much experience using one.

I would probably be limited to the por15 patch kit with what I have available to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info