• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Getting a bolt extracted from a Brembo Caliper

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
So my buddy's wrx I posted before had a snapped off bolt in one of the aluminum calipers. All I want somebody to do is drill it out and timesert it and that is it.

Advanced engine rebuilders has had it for 3 weeks and it still isn't fixed. Opel wouldn't touch it. Who else can I bring it to that will actually fix it and get it done in like a day? Near Palatine is preferred.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
It isn't this shop basically just got to it this week. Dropped it off 3 weeks ago with a timesert kit and the brembo. And just been a string of excuses/backlog/ no calls back etc.

Sick of this car sitting in my driveway.

Just figure there has to be some shop where I can drop it off and get this done in a reasonable amount of time.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Wasn't cross threaded just the whole steel bolt and aluminum caliper. They decided to have crazy different metal love and bonded.

Tons of people seem to have timeserted (did I just make that a verb?) them.

I really don't care about driving to elgin I just want the pos done at this point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info