Wrist Wraps

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
i use hooks.

i have tiny wrists...using straps doesn't seem to be a smart idea...i don't want 500+lbs being held up by my tiny ass wrists.

love the hooks...but it still works your grip since you have to grip OVER the hook in order to keep the weight from pulling your hand off.

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
having a stronger grip has nothing to do with being able to maximize results with shrugs..your finger tips can only hold so much weight while your traps are capable of a lot more weight...i start to use straps when i get to 400+..

i have great grip and large forearms and use straps when i need it..but i also do 400-500 when doing shrugs and it's a very difficult task holding that weight while doing shrugs..

i don't know why people are so against straps..people like that obviously must not know what it's like to hold a barbell with 500+ on it by your fingertips.

when i see people using straps to do curls,body weight pull ups, bench pressing,tri-exercises thats when i laugh and feel thats where using straps gets it's bad rep.. people like that might as well use straps to pick up their water bottles too.

01DADDY01

Mar 10, 2012
SloLane,
This question is obviously being asked by a beginner. These days you see all the young weightlifters walking around with gloves and wrist wraps that do not push themselves to actually hold that heavy weight in their hands. Using wrist wraps to do shrugs with 4-500 hundred pounds is really not that big of a deal when using wrist wraps. Try doing them raw. Now that is strength! I saw this guy in this forum with the SN Swoley Mcdelts that claims to be a bodybuilder whose arms are skinnier than mine when I was in highschool. Anyone see the pic of him deadlifting with wrist wraps like it is some big deal?
-Daddy

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
doing shrugs with 4-500lbs raw is just dumb, it's not strength.. it's called begging to rip off a finger tip. I'm guessing you do all kinds of forearm work outs don't you?? I do nun what so ever..and my forearms are keeping up with the rest of my arm just fine..

I wouldn't call sirmarco a beginner..just someone trying to expand his capabilities.

:rofl: :rofl:
who are you btw?

I use wrist guards and straps..i must not know what i'm doing
photobucket-3108-1331084039101.jpg

photobucket-4789-1327467389017.jpg

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
Not bad for a beginner SloLane keep up the hard work and get rid of those wraps! You arms and grip will get bigger! Trust me!

why should we trust you? who are you? i would use straps if i didn't have small wrists. probably not the cheap literal strap ones...probably ones that have a padded closure system. i see no shame in using my hooks when i'm attempting to hold something up thats over 3 times my weight.

01DADDY01

Mar 10, 2012
Back when I was really getting serious about bodybuilding back in 03' I would use wrist wraps all the time for various lifts. I would also use a belt often when I did not need to use a belt. Your grip has EVERYTHING to do with strength. You guys are missing the point. Small wrists? Why do you guys keep saying small wrists? The size of the bone doesn't account for strength. Being able to hold and pull things that are heavy come from hand/forearm development. I used to train with a powerlifting team and I thought the same exact thing that you guys did and I always used straps to deadlift. They took one look at my straps and started laughing. Yeah, I could deadlift 5+ no problem without breaking a sweat.....Raw is a different story. I tried 225 and couldn't even hold the bar. Why? Because I thought the same thing you guys did. I had to get my grip stronger and it took a while. I would even deadlift with wider bars to make it harder on myself. This is all about the fundamentals and I am just trying to help out. Take it or leave it. From your picture, yes it does look like you work out. But you are a beginner and definitely could use some advice.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
i say small wrists because my bones protrude alot. i don't want want straps to be resting on my trapezium scaphoid and pisiforms. its dangerous.

03? so you're a hasbeen?

again, you haven't given any reason why any of us should trust you.

how much do you weigh?

how tall are you?

my grip is strong enough. i can hold 500+ for 4-6 reps.not an issue.

i'm thinking long term, i've mentioned this before in another thread though

i used to think the same thing as you...grip needs to get stronger no straps no hooks no gloves no nothing, raw all the time. thats great, looks cool.

but make one mistake and you're fucked. go ahead and deadlift 500+ pounds raw overhand grip. get into the moment. bar slips weight becomes uneven and bam, you mess up your back for life. is it worth it? is it worth the extra .5" on your arm? nah.

i deal with "back patients" every day. they all end up hooked on narcotic pain medications sleeping aids and become useless members of society. i'm better than that.

i'm going to continue using my hooks. laugh at all the "powerlifters" (read: fat fucks who think they are awesome cause they are squatting 400+ but they weigh in the upper 200s...), and not give a fuck about some "hardcore" lifter.

i have more respect for members on this board that weigh <200 and are putting up 2x their body weight on upperbody lifts and 3x body weight on leg lifts. efficiency. thats what i'm about.
so

again

who are you?

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
Lol I never said I have small wrists..I have bad wrists..there's a difference..and Like I said..using WRIST STRAPS have nothing to do with getting bigger and it doesn't assist your grip..its simply to protect my wrists..using LIFTING STRAPS is a different subject...basicly in "03" you were one of those guys that use LIFTING STRAPS to pick up everything including your water bottle..and than someone showed you the correct way to use them and when you need them...like I said..I only use lifting straps when im sshrugging 500+ because I don't feel like ripping my finger tips to shit..

You obviously were taught the wrong idea to lifting..therefore I am calling you the beginner...and who the hell are you.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
Lol I never said I have small wrists..I have bad wrists..there's a difference..and Like I said..using WRIST STRAPS have nothing to do with getting bigger and it doesn't assist your grip..its simply to protect my wrists..using LIFTING STRAPS is a different subject...basicly in "03" you were one of those guys that use LIFTING STRAPS to pick up everything including your water bottle..and than someone showed you the correct way to use them and when you need them...like I said..I only use lifting straps when im sshrugging 500+ because I don't feel like ripping my finger tips to shit..

You obviously were taught the wrong idea to lifting..therefore I am calling you the beginner...and who the hell are you.

^he pist!

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
i say small wrists because my bones protrude alot. i don't want want straps to be resting on my trapezium scaphoid and pisiforms. its dangerous.

03? so you're a hasbeen?

again, you haven't given any reason why any of us should trust you.

how much do you weigh?

how tall are you?

my grip is strong enough. i can hold 500+ for 4-6 reps.not an issue.

i'm thinking long term, i've mentioned this before in another thread though

i used to think the same thing as you...grip needs to get stronger no straps no hooks no gloves no nothing, raw all the time. thats great, looks cool.

but make one mistake and you're fucked. go ahead and deadlift 500+ pounds raw overhand grip. get into the moment. bar slips weight becomes uneven and bam, you mess up your back for life. is it worth it? is it worth the extra .5" on your arm? nah.

i deal with "back patients" every day. they all end up hooked on narcotic pain medications sleeping aids and become useless members of society. i'm better than that.

i'm going to continue using my hooks. laugh at all the "powerlifters" (read: fat fucks who think they are awesome cause they are squatting 400+ but they weigh in the upper 200s...), and not give a fuck about some "hardcore" lifter.

i have more respect for members on this board that weigh <200 and are putting up 2x their body weight on upperbody lifts and 3x body weight on leg lifts. efficiency. thats what i'm about.
so

again

who are you?

^^ pistissed!!

01DADDY01

Mar 10, 2012
How did you get has-been out of my post? Are you just trying to argue for the sake of arguing? I am trying to give some advice to someone and if you do not agree that is just fine with me. I can tell you that I have been very successful in transforming my body and would like to give back and help others. SloLane posted a picture of himself. It is proving my point that he has basically no forearm development nor does he have the slightest definition of trap muscles. If he was doing 500 lbs shrugs don't you think you would see them?
Raw overhand grip to do deadlifts..... Is there any other way to do them? People get hurt more often than not from doing more weight than they can handle and having poor form. I basically feel like it all comes down to this....
The human body really shouldn't have strength imbalances if you want it to perform at an all star level. in this case this means: when your back is too strong for your grip then it is time to work on your grip strength.
You asked me how tall/how much I weigh.
I am 5ft 9 and right now I weigh 212.
You can call me Daddy.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
i really...really...REALLY don't want to call you daddy.

:-/

:dnc:

i got the has-been because you are talking about 2003. that was 8 years ago. lets talk about now.

the size of the bone doesn't determine strength

but it does determine muscle size.

a guy with tiny wrists isn't going to have 17-18 inch forearms. unless of course he is on something other than protein shakes and a good diet.

so you are 5 foot 9 and 212.

what kind of weight are you putting down?

deadlift
squat
bench

seems to be what everyone considers the three "strength indicators"

not max

reps...at least x 6..for at least 3 sets

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
How did you get has-been out of my post? Are you just trying to argue for the sake of arguing? I am trying to give some advice to someone and if you do not agree that is just fine with me. I can tell you that I have been very successful in transforming my body and would like to give back and help others. SloLane posted a picture of himself. It is proving my point that he has basically no forearm development nor does he have the slightest definition of trap muscles. If he was doing 500 lbs shrugs don't you think you would see them?
Raw overhand grip to do deadlifts..... Is there any other way to do them? People get hurt more often than not from doing more weight than they can handle and having poor form. I basically feel like it all comes down to this....
The human body really shouldn't have strength imbalances if you want it to perform at an all star level. in this case this means: when your back is too strong for your grip then it is time to work on your grip strength.
You asked me how tall/how much I weigh.
I am 5ft 9 and right now I weigh 212.
You can call me Daddy.

You come in here with 6 posts and a know it all attitude. How did you expect any different response then the one you've received? I'm surprised people are being as nice to you as they are.

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
Lol I don't have any trap development? Is this guy for real :rofl: im wearing a shirt..how would you be able to see my trap definition moron..ill shrug 500+ in front of you all day with perfect formation with my lovely straps that will help me not tear my finger tips off..and when im done I'll flex my forearms with every vein bulging into your face..

People call me Popeye cuz of my arms n forearms development..so your statement is pretty retarded..pictures don't show someones actual size smart guy..

Im willing to bet your a fat slob troll that gets off to pictures on bodybuilder.com and can't even bench half your body weight.

I shall call you momma dorothy..

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Lol I don't have any trap development? Is this guy for real :rofl: im wearing a shirt..how would you be able to see my trap definition moron..ill shrug 500+ in front of you all day with perfect formation with my lovely straps that will help me not tear my finger tips off..and when im done I'll flex my forearms with every vein bulging into your face..

People call me Popeye cuz of my arms n forearms development..so your statement is pretty retarded..pictures don't show someones actual size smart guy..

Im willing to bet your a fat slob troll that gets off to pictures on bodybuilder.com and can't even bench half your body weight.

I shall call you momma dorothy..
Oops, the niceness has ended.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info