šŸ„ Health Workout chat

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I just put up the largest bench in my LIFE a couple days ago. Motivation becomes less of a factor when you just make working out part of a routine. You almost just start doing it on auto pilot.

You finally did 135lbs? If you do it just as autopilot, you aren't working out very hard. That's how I'm working out now.

Reactions: Kizzlebizz

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You finally did 135lbs? If you do it just as autopilot, you aren't working out very hard. That's how I'm working out now.

har har 135. The motivation part for me was to stop doing whatever else I had to do in a day to GET to the gym. Once I'm there I'm doing just fine... just need to break away and DO IT. Like Nike, yo.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Well congrats, if you have a good size frame 180 should be a good weight, but if you are a narrow guy then I could see why you want to get to 165.

Either way good work!

I have pretty broad shoulders. 180 is a decent size for me, but too heavy in my mind still. If I can keep my strength where it is now and get down to 165 I think it'd be perfect, for my liking.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
275. It's not much by some folks standards, but I've never benched more than 250... even when I was wrestling in high school. I recovered way fast though... usually it takes a few days to feel like I could go hit it again. But I'm thinking I'm going to get more done today.

Perhaps you could enlighten me... Whats a good practice for upping your max when it comes to benching?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Don't fool yourself, 275lbs is a lot of weight. What percentage of people do you think can do that? The most I ever did was 335lbs 4 reps, no spot. If you really want to increase your max do this, well first I need to know how many times did you do 275lbs and did you touch the bar to your chest?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
OK, first off, you are tiring your muscles when you do the reps before your 275lbs. This is what you do. Try and get a spotter for the heavier weights, just ask a random.

1st set = 8x135lbs
2nd set = 6X185lbs (just warming up the pecs, getting blood to them)
3rd set = 275lbs as much as you can do
4th set = 265 lbs as much as you can do
5th set = 255 lbs as much as you can do
6th set = 225 lbs as much as you can do

The 3rd set should always be your heaviest weight, and should be the first set after your warmups. QUIT using the squat machine, you aren't working your muscles that hard when you use it. If you can do 4 reps on your heaviest weight (3rd set) add 10 lbs the next week.