Smart watches. What are you using?

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I only posted in this section because of Fitbit and Garmin being so fitness based. Please move if needed.

Anywho I have a Garmin Vivomove I been using for a while now, I'm not very fitness orientated but the step counter and activity meter did a fair job of shaming me to get up from my desk regularly. However I would like to upgrade and I'm curious to see what everyone's using and what they think.
Current front runner is the Ticwatch Pro. I like a watch to be a watch in appearance and the reviews seem good.

Can't wait to hear [MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION] tell me they all suck and Bigfoot is watching me

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Literally just got a 44mm Apple Watch Series 4 yesterday.

So far I like it, I started at the gym this week and all their new equipment has a link that you can sync the treadmill with the apple watch, worked seamlessly. I usually go with Apple stuff anyway, but seeing that the cardio equipment syncs with it was the icing on top.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I have the Fitbit Ionic. I love the Fitbit because all of my friends have it and we do workweek challenges every week. It really does make you get off your ass and do something so you can beat everyone else. I also love that you can use it to pay for stuff, so I never carry anything with me when I go to the store, just take the watch.

Battery life is also super awesome, lasts all week for me with the HR monitor on. I also use it as a stop watch when I workout every morning, so that probably eats up a bunch of battery, so it could last longer.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Check out that garmin 5x, sensors seem far superior to apple and the battery seems to last 5-7 days. I rocked a Fitbit charge HR2 for years until something with horsepower yet fashionable showed up.
[MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] likes it too :rofl:

It's looks and sounds awesome, just a little pricey for what I'm looking for. I would probably never use the nav or half the other features. Looking for something more fitness based without all the other stuff

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
I don't have anything fancy, just a Samsung Gear S2.

I enjoyed using my Gear 2 (VZW CDMA Version) that I got free with my Galaxy S7 but upgraded to the S3 Frontier just this past summer.

I don't use the fitness capablities on it though as I still wear a Fitbit Charge 2 on my other arm... I get incentives at work just for wearing it every day and those incentives already got me a Thinkware F800 Dashcam for free...

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I have the Fitbit Ionic. I love the Fitbit because all of my friends have it and we do workweek challenges every week. It really does make you get off your ass and do something so you can beat everyone else. I also love that you can use it to pay for stuff, so I never carry anything with me when I go to the store, just take the watch.

Battery life is also super awesome, lasts all week for me with the HR monitor on. I also use it as a stop watch when I workout every morning, so that probably eats up a bunch of battery, so it could last longer.
As much as I like the traditional watch look from say Fossil or TicWatch it does seem Fitbit has the best all around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info