Official 2018-2019 Chicago Bears Thread - Nagy Takes Over

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Rumor is the Vikings may be in the Cousins hunt.

Another rumor is Foles to the Vikings.

LOL Take your pick.

Bears will beat the Vikings twice this year. Jordan Howard practically guaranteed it.

Would gladly take Cousins for the right price if he wants to take less to be on a team that has a chance at winning vs the garbage teams like browns or jets who have more Cap money to offer him. Vikes have 58million as of now. Wouldn't mind the Nick Foles trade and let 2 or all 3 Qb's we have walk in free agency and get compensatory picks for them next year...:fy:

Eagles need draft pick's from them trading to acquire Wentz last year and are $9,678,033 over the projected cap space as of now so that trade could very well happen especially with us getting Eagle's QB coach Defilippo as our New Offensive Coordinator.

Vikes will probably clean sweep the Bears just like they did this past Year... Heck we could sign Jay Cutler and still beat you gheys. :trollface:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Bears will release Mike Glennon on March 14 (Frees up $9M in cap, $2.5M to dead money)
Bears release Willie Young today (Frees up $4.5 in cap, $900K to dead money)

Bears have declined options or cut the following so far....
Josh Sitton (Frees up $8M in cap, $666K to dead money)
Pernell McPhee (Frees up $7M in cap, $1M to dead money)
Quinten Demps (Frees up $3.2M in cap, adds $666K to dead money)
Jerrell Freeman (Frees up $3.6M in cap, adds $500K to dead money)

Those moves clear up around $30M in cap space

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Note to Bears. This is important. Sign DB Kyle Fuller.

Bears have the money and they NEED solid DBs. Letting Fuller go after his very good 2017 season would be a mistake.

I'm looking at the free agent/draft info and the Bears are projected to have choices at pick 8. There will probably be at least 2 QBs taken before their pick, maybe 3. Bears should be able to, at least, get the best LB or WR in the draft. If DE Chubb or OG Nelson drop, you take them in a second. Maybe S Minkah Fitzpatrick if he drops. Pair him with Eddie Jackson and you may have the best Safety combo in the league. Keep Fuller and the DB group is pretty solid (and young) with only another CB to pick up next year (or in free agency this year).

WRs are iffy. Are any of them worth the #8 pick? The best LB might be a better value pick

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Note to Bears. This is important. Sign DB Kyle Fuller.

Bears have the money and they NEED solid DBs. Letting Fuller go after his very good 2017 season would be a mistake.

I'm looking at the free agent/draft info and the Bears are projected to have choices at pick 8. There will probably be at least 2 QBs taken before their pick, maybe 3. Bears should be able to, at least, get the best LB or WR in the draft. If DE Chubb or OG Nelson drop, you take them in a second. Maybe S Minkah Fitzpatrick if he drops. Pair him with Eddie Jackson and you may have the best Safety combo in the league. Keep Fuller and the DB group is pretty solid (and young) with only another CB to pick up next year (or in free agency this year).

WRs are iffy. Are any of them worth the #8 pick? The best LB might be a better value pick

I like Ridley at 8, is it to early to draft him.......probably. But he wont be there in the 2nd and imo he is the best WR available. Lets just say they take Ridley and White comes back, stays healthy and lives up to most of his potential. That puts a healthy Merideth as your 3rd receiver, I like that a lot.

I agree 100% about Fuller, he stayed healthy last year and did VERY well.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I like Ridley at 8, is it to early to draft him.......probably. But he wont be there in the 2nd and imo he is the best WR available. Lets just say they take Ridley and White comes back, stays healthy and lives up to most of his potential. That puts a healthy Merideth as your 3rd receiver, I like that a lot.

I agree 100% about Fuller, he stayed healthy last year and did VERY well.

If you are really after Ridley trade down, and let a QB needy team trade up to your spot.

With the release of Sitton, I can almost guarantee the Bears are targeting Nelson. It becomes one of the biggest needs on offense. The Bears have 2 (maybe 3) startable lineman right now. Long and Whitehair (MAYBE Leno). We need another interior lineman, a right tackle, and probably a left tackle too. No point in getting receivers if Trubisky can't hold the ball long enough to get it to them. Only problem is, he might be off the board at #8. I just hope the Bears don't try and trade up to get him...

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
If you are really after Ridley trade down, and let a QB needy team trade up to your spot.

With the release of Sitton, I can almost guarantee the Bears are targeting Nelson. It becomes one of the biggest needs on offense. The Bears have 2 (maybe 3) startable lineman right now. Long and Whitehair (MAYBE Leno). We need another interior lineman, a right tackle, and probably a left tackle too. No point in getting receivers if Trubisky can't hold the ball long enough to get it to them. Only problem is, he might be off the board at #8. I just hope the Bears don't try and trade up to get him...

Everyone loves to throw around the "trade down" concept. Really isn't that easy. What team behind you is really that QB needy? Also see that 3 qbs are projected to be taken ahead of the bears pick so what makes you think any qbs will even be left at #8?

#8 Chicago Bears
#9 San Francisco 49ers
#10 Oakland Raiders
#11 Miami Dolphins
#12 Cincinnati Bengals
#13 Washington Redskins
#14 Green Bay Packers
#15 Arizona Cardinals (You aren't getting ridley at 15.)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Letting Willie Young go was a silly move IMO. Dude worked when he was in the line up and I dont think he was that injury prone. Hell I was surprised when he went from the Lions to the Bears.

I swear GB might pick up half our guys and make them work. Cause reasons. Or NE.

Ill agree about Fuller though. Lock him in. I know it was a contract year, but still he made you an effort.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Here's the top free agent list. There are some good players on here.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/78124/309/2018-nfl-free-agent-top-100

OT Nate Solder. Hasn't done negotiations with New England and may be available. Gonna be 30 but still has good football left. Instant improvement if the Bears get him.

WR Sammy Watkins. Huge amounts of talent but injured most of his career and has a QB/coach who doesn't utilize him. His stats last year were WR2 but, with the right QB throwing him the ball more often and him finally being healthy, his ceiling is quality WR1.

NT Dontari Poe. Atlanta will want to keep him but the guy plugs up the middle of the line.

OG Andrew Norwell. Best interior lineman in free agency. Better than Sitton.

...with more guys to be released.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
WR Calvin Ridley 4.44 40 yd. dash at the Combine. Respectably quick but not the best.

Best so far is D.J. Chark with a 4.34.

EDIT: 4.46 for Ridley's 2nd run. Ridley is interviewing with at least 15 teams at the Combine. Many "experts" are projecting him to the Bears in the first round.

His vertical and broad jump were extremely poor, especially for someone his size and speed....heā€™s apparently a great route runner, but being only 6ā€™ and only having 30ā€ vertical is a serious issue...

Not super impressed.

Quenten Nelson didnā€™t run the 40, but showed off some incredible strength with ~35 reps on the bench and a very quick 3-cone drill. Given the Bears situation, I would rather have Nelson.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
A homer pick, Justin Jackson from Northwestern. 4.5 40, 39ā€ vertical and 10ā€™2ā€ broad jumps, and the 2nd fastest 3-cone drill among all RBs. He has a slight frame (6ā€™ 200 lbs) but was durable throughout college, 2nd only to Ron Dayne in the Big Ten for career yards, and one of 9 NCAA players to rush for 1000 yards in 4 consecutive seasons. Has the ability to catch the ball well out of the backfield.

Could be a great value pick in the mid rounds as a 3rd down back and special team guy.

Originally from Glenbard, set a bunch of high school records, 6k+ yards and something crazy like 85 touchdowns

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info