Forum Register Members Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade iTrader Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > General Discussion > Sports, Fitness & Nutrition

User Tag List

Like Tree161Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #76
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 81,371
Casino cash: $77721000
19.52 per day
Mentioned: 1359 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Yaj Yak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Got my fox waterway sticker and 2018 fishing license yesterday, hooked up the ol' jon boat and launched at the state park. Didn't catch shit for the hour I was out. Mainly wanted to test the boat for leaks and that the engine still ran, but never a bad excuse to bring the fishing gear with.

Next is a trolling motor, I may swing over to Cabelas later and get one.


i saw the snapchat from my bro and thought you launched somewhere in johnsburg, and were cruising by blarneys after that


k good.

johnsburg has a launch kinda by you that you can park at if you have a village sticker on anything you own which im doubting that you do... or if you don't park there you can pretty much do whatever
Outlaw likes this.
__________________
01 525i
01 turbo pricks
13 gas 3500hd cclb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
TCG: We pull vanity fair models in our F150ís because Teslaís are unsafe.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #77
 
Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Johnsburg
Posts: 15,432
Casino cash: $141059401
4.57 per day
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaj Yak View Post


i saw the snapchat from my bro and thought you launched somewhere in johnsburg, and were cruising by blarneys after that


k good.

johnsburg has a launch kinda by you that you can park at if you have a village sticker on anything you own which im doubting that you do... or if you don't park there you can pretty much do whatever
HELLLLLLLLLLLNAH lmao.

Launched at the state park, literally made a lap around blarneys and the other weird abandoned island next to it and then went back into the state park and fished in the weeds lol.
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #78
 
Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Johnsburg
Posts: 15,432
Casino cash: $141059401
4.57 per day
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Where is this launch?? I'm ASSuming it's free with the village sticker? Because the stickers are $10/year so that's a solid investment if that's the case.
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #79
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 81,371
Casino cash: $77721000
19.52 per day
Mentioned: 1359 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Yaj Yak
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
HELLLLLLLLLLLNAH lmao.

Launched at the state park, literally made a lap around blarneys and the other weird abandoned island next to it and then went back into the state park and fished in the weeds lol.
awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Where is this launch?? I'm ASSuming it's free with the village sticker?
well, we launch there quite frequently, and we aren't "in johnsburg"... so we don't have a sticker.

we got a ticket one time though when we left a truck/trailer hooked up there without a sticker.

if you've got a sticker it's free as far as i know.
really nice launch too, they redid it 2-3 years ago or so.

you could legit pull your boat there with your gator i almost think from the looks of it too (if you hadn't sold it yet)


linky.



https://goo.gl/maps/7CfF4fXH2E32




hickoryway -> grandview -> mayfair -> cross johnsburg road becomes May -> right on riverview boom.
Outlaw likes this.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:37 PM   #80
 
Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Johnsburg
Posts: 15,432
Casino cash: $141059401
4.57 per day
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Still got the gator. Would have to get a hitch for it though since the rental company that had it before me takes them off I guess lol.

Fucking in for gator boating And since there doesn't look like there's a ton of parking I'd feel like less of a dick doing that than parking my cummins there lol.
Yaj Yak likes this.
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:00 PM   #81
 
Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Johnsburg
Posts: 15,432
Casino cash: $141059401
4.57 per day
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

@Yaj Yak

Quote:
The Village has a boat launch available on Riverview Drive. Use of the launch is regulated through the purchase of a sticker. The two year sticker can be purchased at the Village Hall for a cost of $20 for Village residents and $100 for non-residents. The regulations governing the boat launch can be found under Chapter 8 of the Johnsburg Municipal Code.
So same price/ duration as a village sticker, probably the same sticker lol.
Yaj Yak likes this.
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:44 PM   #82
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,212
Casino cash: $118348000
6.93 per day
Mentioned: 394 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default

I wanted a kayak carrier because mine doesn’t drag well, it tips over when it’s full of gear because of the hull shape. They want stupid amounts of money for them. Found this on eBay for $22.50 shipped.




And the exact same thing, except yellow paint from REI....

Yaj Yak, 1quick and Kensington like this.
__________________
07' BMW 335i coupe JB4, VRSF downpipes, dci,intercooler, e85, VMR wheels. High mileage oil stain maker.

OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:46 PM   #83
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,212
Casino cash: $118348000
6.93 per day
Mentioned: 394 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default

I think we should get a fishing meetup going some time. Enough of us have boats and kayaks. Hell, I enjoy shore fishing too.

Busse? Chain?
Yaj Yak and wombat like this.
OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:02 AM   #84
 
1quick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: coal city
Posts: 17,479
Casino cash: $123037447
4.46 per day
Mentioned: 323 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Default

I bought my wife an inflatable kayak for her and my daughter to take out on the strip mine lakes around here, Ive gong out fishing twice this year once on the river just messing around at the beach, caught a small large mouth, and once in a little lake in braceville caught a small crappie
__________________
2016 GT 5.slow
1quick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:54 AM   #85
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,714
Casino cash: $3553500
10.86 per day
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffshoreDrilling View Post
I wanted a kayak carrier because mine doesnít drag well, it tips over when itís full of gear because of the hull shape. They want stupid amounts of money for them. Found this on eBay for $22.50 shipped.




And the exact same thing, except yellow paint from REI....

Iíve got the red one, it works well enough. Iíve rarely had to pull my yak any real distance so I havenít really gotten much use out of it.
OffshoreDrilling likes this.
Kensington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #86
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,212
Casino cash: $118348000
6.93 per day
Mentioned: 394 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default

Picked up a 6’9” medium light veritas last night for a second finesse rod. I fish fitness lore than anything and find myself wanting to tie on different rigs constantly.

Snagged up some paddle tail swim baits, a few black fury Mepps to go for pike/musky this weekend in the north woods, leaders, and a couple heddon tiny torpedoes.
OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:03 AM   #87
Do people even read this? COCKSUCKAS
 
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riding the Hubble
Posts: 34,072
Casino cash: $148892501
8.26 per day
Mentioned: 492 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

Maybe ill walk down to the lake and throw a few casts today. could probably find some worms in my yard
__________________
"It's never to cold for swamp ass."

XBO - NinjaTurtlThong
DD - 06 Cobalt SS/SC

tinfoilhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #88
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,714
Casino cash: $3553500
10.86 per day
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffshoreDrilling View Post
Picked up a 6í9Ē medium light veritas last night for a second finesse rod. I fish fitness lore than anything and find myself wanting to tie on different rigs constantly.

Snagged up some paddle tail swim baits, a few black fury Mepps to go for pike/musky this weekend in the north woods, leaders, and a couple heddon tiny torpedoes.
Do you use a quick snap, or do you retie when you want to change?

Also the Tiny Torpedo is my all time favorite lure. Haven't had much success with it the past few years, since I've gone to buzzbaits, but I've had TONS of fun bass blowups on the Tiny Torps.
Kensington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:18 AM   #89
Make America 2smoke Again
 
Chester Copperpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shithole, IL
Posts: 27,852
Casino cash: $674400
9.01 per day
Mentioned: 733 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

I always switch back and forth. If I'm trying something new, I'll have a quick snap on but if I'm just throwing jigs or any bait, I'll tie it.

Speaking of. Man, I just have been having absolutely zero luck and been skunking everywhere. Granted most of my spots have been fished out pretty bad or are busy but I went to a larger, secluded pond I know of and still got nothing. Don't know wtf I'm doing (or not doing) wrong.
wombat likes this.
Chester Copperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #90
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,714
Casino cash: $3553500
10.86 per day
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Past couple years I've been struggling...especially with timing, and baits to use when. A lot of my spots are fished out, so especially last year, I made it a point to really try and find new spots that don't look like they've been fished. Had some luck, but in the 'burbs is hard because it seems like everywhere has a lot of pressure. Have to get a little creative...but my irrational fear of ticks and Lymes disease has me paranoid to trudge through tall grass and forested areas.
wombat likes this.
Kensington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:22 AM   #91
 
wombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 12,135
Casino cash: $1039243
3.00 per day
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

I feel the same way. I've been skunked everywhere I've gone lately with the exception of the random bass grabbing the buzzbait w/ nightcrawler on the end.
__________________
2014 Ford Focus ST3

Upload your pictures to TCG! See below:
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/foru...o-sharing.html

wombat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:34 PM   #92
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,714
Casino cash: $3553500
10.86 per day
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Last season, I saw one crawling down my arm driving on 53 getting off at Euclid. Panicked, and nearly took the cloverleaf at 70 mph in the Flex, which likely would've ended in firey death.
Kensington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #93
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,212
Casino cash: $118348000
6.93 per day
Mentioned: 394 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
Do you use a quick snap, or do you retie when you want to change?

Also the Tiny Torpedo is my all time favorite lure. Haven't had much success with it the past few years, since I've gone to buzzbaits, but I've had TONS of fun bass blowups on the Tiny Torps.
Never quick snap, I re-tie. I use a bearing swivel when vertical jigging spoons or jigging raps ice fishing. Das it.
OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:52 PM   #94
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,212
Casino cash: $118348000
6.93 per day
Mentioned: 394 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
I always switch back and forth. If I'm trying something new, I'll have a quick snap on but if I'm just throwing jigs or any bait, I'll tie it.

Speaking of. Man, I just have been having absolutely zero luck and been skunking everywhere. Granted most of my spots have been fished out pretty bad or are busy but I went to a larger, secluded pond I know of and still got nothing. Don't know wtf I'm doing (or not doing) wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
Past couple years I've been struggling...especially with timing, and baits to use when. A lot of my spots are fished out, so especially last year, I made it a point to really try and find new spots that don't look like they've been fished. Had some luck, but in the 'burbs is hard because it seems like everywhere has a lot of pressure. Have to get a little creative...but my irrational fear of ticks and Lymes disease has me paranoid to trudge through tall grass and forested areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
I feel the same way. I've been skunked everywhere I've gone lately with the exception of the random bass grabbing the buzzbait w/ nightcrawler on the end.

Itís really hard to power fish places with a lot of pressure which is why I use finesse all the time. Especially from shore where you canít cover a lot of water. If youíre somewhere you KNOW thereís fish and you KNOW what color/technique theyíre biting on thatís a different story.

I walk around with two rods usually. One rod will be a crankbait/in-line spinner/topwater to cover water and work quickly along shore, the other will be finesse when I find a spot I think is holding fish.

As @mr.sbf said, temps have really thrown off the spawn times this year and thus the bite.
OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:38 PM   #95
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,212
Casino cash: $118348000
6.93 per day
Mentioned: 394 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default

SleeperLS and Kensington like this.
OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #96
The Midnight Sweeper
 
SleeperLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sandia Mountain
Posts: 10,258
Casino cash: $65614675
2.81 per day
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default

The Wife and myself visited her parents down in Louisiana this week and went to her dadís camp on one of the bayous down here. He set some hoop nets out a couple days before so we went to check them. He ended up catching a bunch of 3-10lb yellow cats and one was impressive to say the least....40 pounds of Cajun fury.


The moment we realized what was in the net.
IMG_6322.JPG

Money shot
IMG_6320.JPG

Me and him at the weigh in
IMG_6321.JPG
Yaj Yak and OffshoreDrilling like this.
__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra 4wd SR5 TRD Offroad
2017 Can Am Maverick Max X3 XDS

SleeperLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:37 AM   #97
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,714
Casino cash: $3553500
10.86 per day
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Fuuuuuck...I need to be out fishing....

Spent the evening, last night, getting my new 14' Bass Tracker Jon Boat prepped for my dad to put it in, at their condo. Was looking over the boat, found a bunch (10ish) holes that had been drilled out near the gunnel all around the boat for previous rod holders. Just got some nylon washer and 1/4-20 machine screws and nuts and plugged them up. Got to the transom, and realized the entire board was rotted to fucking hell Of course, all the brackets holding it in, are riveted in, so tonight my dad is coming over and we're going to drill out the rivets, probably head to Menard's for some AB plywood, look for some fiberglass sheeting, and some resin.

Plan is 1 4x8' 1/2" sheet. The transom is trapezoidal and about 12" x 50" and from what I can gather 1" thick. Cutting the board into 2 rough transoms, then I'm going to resin fiberglass resin to "glue" the two 1/2" sections together to prevent moisture between the boards. That is where I get lost...do I do a sheets of fiberglass and resin around the entire things? Just seal it? Or some other process? I've got some 3M 5200 fast cure coming for the bolts that are eventually going through the hull.
@Yaj Yak and @OffshoreDrilling any advice/tips?
Kensington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:31 AM   #98
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,212
Casino cash: $118348000
6.93 per day
Mentioned: 394 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
Fuuuuuck...I need to be out fishing....

Spent the evening, last night, getting my new 14' Bass Tracker Jon Boat prepped for my dad to put it in, at their condo. Was looking over the boat, found a bunch (10ish) holes that had been drilled out near the gunnel all around the boat for previous rod holders. Just got some nylon washer and 1/4-20 machine screws and nuts and plugged them up. Got to the transom, and realized the entire board was rotted to fucking hell Of course, all the brackets holding it in, are riveted in, so tonight my dad is coming over and we're going to drill out the rivets, probably head to Menard's for some AB plywood, look for some fiberglass sheeting, and some resin.

Plan is 1 4x8' 1/2" sheet. The transom is trapezoidal and about 12" x 50" and from what I can gather 1" thick. Cutting the board into 2 rough transoms, then I'm going to resin fiberglass resin to "glue" the two 1/2" sections together to prevent moisture between the boards. That is where I get lost...do I do a sheets of fiberglass and resin around the entire things? Just seal it? Or some other process? I've got some 3M 5200 fast cure coming for the bolts that are eventually going through the hull.
@Yaj Yak and @OffshoreDrilling any advice/tips?
http://www.westsystem.com/wp-content...anual-2015.pdf


The Bible.
Yaj Yak and Kensington like this.
OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #99
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,714
Casino cash: $3553500
10.86 per day
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Thank you! Was googling all of yesterday, and it was just a bunch of contradictions...needed something that most agree on
Kensington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #100
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4,714
Casino cash: $3553500
10.86 per day
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default

Although, I should say it's an aluminum boat, not a fiber glass, just a wood transom

Yaj Yak and OffshoreDrilling like this.
Kensington is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
no new posts