Dans Atkins Food Journal - Take 2

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
[MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION] was reminding me that he enjoyed following my old food journal when on my Atkins ‘journey’, and with Photobucket basically being dead I may as well start over again.

So Cliffs: I’m overweight, and have had great success with eating Low Carb in the past. Low Carb can be an extreme challenge for some due to the restrictions on many staple foods (pasta, bread, other grain heavy things such as cereal). So I want to share the foods that I eat on this diet as this is not my first time and I want to share Incase it helps anyone or motivates anyone.

Long version:

I’ve gotten pretty good at hunting down foods to fill the void so to speak, and keep my energy up and full during the day which is the second biggest challenge of eating low carb.

For those curious, Atkins isn’t just “eating only meat”, it’s just a type of Ketosis diet that’s more centric around a lifestyle change of basically what’s acceptable and what’s not.

I’m not going to spoil the weight loss competition, but I have lost significant weight since the 1st of October without any exercise outside of averaging 10,000 steps a day with my FitBit in part thanks to Pokemon Go.

I do not typically drink even diet soda frequently anymore, and I hope by sharing my food journal I can help motivate others and show just how many options are out there for a low carb lifestyle and how you can even enjoy weight loss.

The core Atkins is to really hammer getting you into Ketosis is to only eat 20 grams of carbs a day for the first 2 weeks at the minimum. After which you can move to phase 2 which gradually increases acceptable foods and the number of Net Carbs you can have a day.

During Induction (first 2 weeks) if you are overweight you can expect to lose 10+lbs the first 2 weeks (which is really water weight primarily, so don’t loose confidence as you slow down after those first 2 weeks!!!!)

After which it’s reasonably easy to continue to loose 1-2 lbs a week steadily with phase 2 and not eating like a complete moron.

The last time I was dieting on Atkins I went from 242lbs down to 198. That was about 8 years ago and between a stressful office job, and a number of life events I’m at my all time fattest and want to share my food journey while loosing weight! Once the weight loss competition is over I’ll probably share daily weigh ins as well.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Normally breakfast I have a few common go-to items, this is today’s and one of my favorites. Along with 24oz of ice water.

3d783b3603cd6df76ccb2306af730d6c.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
do you drink alkyhaul

Yes!

Almost comically, many whiskys and bourbons have no carbs as they are distilled out during the mfg process.

I specifically like jamenson and diet ginger ale, 100% sugar free. granted its diet soda, but you can just have a good sipping whisky also, I have some nicer top shelf stuff to enjoy after a bad day instead of beer.

Corn liquors are a big Nono, as are many/most vodkas.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Forgot to update last night and this morning!

Last night I had an Atkins Meal bar, along with a sugar-free fizzy water thing.

This morning I had a hot coffee with splenda and sugar free cream, then an atkins snack bar at about 10:30.

I had a burger without the bun and a side salad at lunch with some co workers, and then some more almonds after lunch. Also had 2 pieces of sugar-free chocolate to address my sweet tooth.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Had a cup of coffee with a hit of this new whipped creamer (like Instant Mocha Latte thingy, very very low carbs per serving).

Packed up breakfast and lunch last night so I just got to unpack it this morning:

Some hard boiled eggs with turkey sticks for breakfast when I get into work, and an Atkins Shake and Bar for snacks during the day.

My wife made a pork shoulder in the slow cooker over the weekend, and I made some Red Cabbage with a little apple and onion to make it pop for lunch.

Russell Stover has sugar free orange jellies coated in chocolate for any sweet tooth cravings.

And yes, a Millennium Falcon Lego.....

PTJC6A7.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info