Michael Jordan VS Lebron James Debate

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I think this deserves its own thread....
206850e7759983163cfcb51f57d4da5f.jpg

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I think as far as physical athletics and ability, LeBron probably is the greatest. But Jordan's mental toughness, will to win, and overall impact on the NBA as a whole makes it no contest. If LeBron had half of Jordan's toughness, he would be the greatest of all time.

LeBron is a flop, a cry baby, and a snowflake. Remember LeBron telling the media about Draymond Green's trash talk? "The things he was saying to me, I'm a family man, you can't say that." I thought he was making fun of LeBron's kids or something, and was thinking...oh man, that is BS. It turns out Green called him a Bitch! Can anyone imagine Michael Jordan complaining about the trash talk from Bill Laimbeer?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
If Lebron played basketball like a 6'8" 260lb man, he would likely be considered the greatest of all time. He definitely has the talent, the size, etc, but he has no respect because he plays the "game". There's so many videos of him straight up FLOPPING. I want someone to interview him one on one and ask him to explain every single one of those flops. He said he doesn't flop, doesn't even know how to do it, so explain it. That needs to be a thing, because that is the #1 reason he will never be the greatest of all time.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
If Lebron played basketball like a 6'8" 260lb man, he would likely be considered the greatest of all time. He definitely has the talent, the size, etc, but he has no respect because he plays the "game". There's so many videos of him straight up FLOPPING. I want someone to interview him one on one and ask him to explain every single one of those flops. He said he doesn't flop, doesn't even know how to do it, so explain it. That needs to be a thing, because that is the #1 reason he will never be the greatest of all time.

He fucking travels like a monster too. All the fucking time and it rarely gets called. He takes like 5 steps to dunk from fast breaks.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Lebron has some serious numbers to be a contender, but I am not one to think that these discussions are straight numbers and that is all. Jordan is the king in personality, style, determination, and overall awards. All of the players that regularly played against him knew that he had the raw determination that was always there, on top of that he could dominate the game when he got in the zone...He flat out couldn't be stopped. Jordan would find a way to win, or break down the opponent and lead his team to victory. I am pretty sure NBA Jam modeled their on fire perk after Jordan. After he hit a few shots in a row and started feeling it, shit got real.
GOAT

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

Its this exactly. You watch old clips of Jordan getting beat down, and he'd jump up and act like nothing happened, just to refuse to show weakness to the opponent. Watch ESPN's 30 for 30 "The Bad Boys." Its unreal...the Pistons just slammed Jordan to the floor every time he'd come into the lane.

LeBron does the full opposite! Goes flying on the ground and makes a wincing face every time someone gives him some body contact.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I think as far as physical athletics and ability, LeBron probably is the greatest. But Jordan's mental toughness, will to win, and overall impact on the NBA as a whole makes it no contest. If LeBron had half of Jordan's toughness, he would be the greatest of all time.

LeBron is a flop, a cry baby, and a snowflake. Remember LeBron telling the media about Draymond Green's trash talk? "The things he was saying to me, I'm a family man, you can't say that." I thought he was making fun of LeBron's kids or something, and was thinking...oh man, that is BS. It turns out Green called him a Bitch! Can anyone imagine Michael Jordan complaining about the trash talk from Bill Laimbeer?

Since Kobe retired I think we saw the last of that attitude go with it....

Kobe had that killer instinct like MJ did... He would be out on the court with half his hand taped together and a knee brace on if he needed to.

LeBron definitely doesnt have it though.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Jordan never seen a game 7 in the finals let alone lose in the finals. Lebron isn't even close to Jordan, I agree 100% with Sprayin, compare him to Bird or Dr J. Jordan's era, basketball was a lot tougher, flagrant fouls today were just considered hard fouls back then. Lebron plays in an era with no hand checking, Jordan would average 50 a game with today's bullshit rules. Put Lebron in the West and he isn't in the finals 7 years in a row, the East is hot garbage. Lebron and Jordan shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence imo.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
The question would be how good would the Finals have been if you put the second three peat Bulls against Golden State from this year?

Honestly...I'm not sure how great they would be since the rules are so different and the teams are perfected for their era-specific kind of basketball. I think under today's rules, the Warriors win in 5 or 6 games against the 96 Bulls. I think under 90's rules, the Bulls win in 5 or 6 games.

Remember how physical Jordan and Pippen used to defend people on the perimeter? They'd have their hand or forearm on the guy the second they got within 5 feet of the three point line. Today...thats a foul.

Would be cool to see though!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Honestly...I'm not sure how great they would be since the rules are so different and the teams are perfected for their era-specific kind of basketball. I think under today's rules, the Warriors win in 5 or 6 games against the 96 Bulls. I think under 90's rules, the Bulls win in 5 or 6 games.

Remember how physical Jordan and Pippen used to defend people on the perimeter? They'd have their hand or forearm on the guy the second they got within 5 feet of the three point line. Today...thats a foul.

Would be cool to see though!
I don't know man. Bulls definitely win under 90's rules. Under today's rules, I'm still going with the Bulls. Pippen wouldn't shut Durant down but he wouldn't average 35 a game. Rodman completely takes Green out of the equation. Jordan on Curry.....Rotflmfao. Let's not forget how good of a defender Ron Harper was, he would be all over Thompson. Bulls had a deeper bench imo. Agreed it would be fun to see.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I don't know man. Bulls definitely win under 90's rules. Under today's rules, I'm still going with the Bulls. Pippen wouldn't shut Durant down but he wouldn't average 35 a game. Rodman completely takes Green out of the equation. Jordan on Curry.....Rotflmfao. Let's not forget how good of a defender Ron Harper was, he would be all over Thompson. Bulls had a deeper bench imo. Agreed it would be fun to see.

Plus with today's rules Jordan would average 40 a game no problem. :bowrofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info