Forum Register Members Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > General Discussion > Sports, Fitness & Nutrition

User Tag List

Like Tree523Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2017, 07:38 PM   #551
Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
 
Mr. SBF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Kenosha County
Posts: 3,204
Casino cash: $8500
2.28 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffshoreDrilling View Post
what lake is that?
It's Silver Lake in Kenosha County its a clear water lake and it has a "Free public launch" one of the only ones left in the area that doesn't charge... It holds/has been stocked both regular Musky and hybrid Tiger muskies, Pike, Walleye, Garr, Small and Large mouth bass, Crappie, Channel Catfish, Perch and bluegill.
OffshoreDrilling and Eagle like this.
Mr. SBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:51 PM   #552
The Midnight Sweeper
 
SleeperLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sandia Mountain
Posts: 10,505
Casino cash: $68831675
2.76 per day
Default

__________________
2010 Toyota Tundra 4wd SR5 TRD Offroad
2017 Can Am Maverick Max X3 XDS

SleeperLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:10 PM   #553
Who's The Masta!?!
 
Slolane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posts: 7,484
Casino cash: $10323908
2.05 per day
Default Official TCG fishing thread

What's up fellas. Been silently stalking this thread, figured I'd contribute some catches the last few weeks. Me and a couple buddies go out pretty regularly. Since @Eagle wants to know Baits used I'll share a few super duper secrets lol


Hit this first cast on a new bait the other day. Only highlight about it is the fact it was the first cast on a newly bait I bought that day lol used it a couple more times then switched it up.


We switched it up and played survival of the fittest. Used Taco Bell meat to snag some blue Gil and threw them on a bobber. Buddy grabbed this 2.6lber few feet off the shore right outside some vegetation.


Grabbed this hog Using a skirted jig/craw trailer


Buddy hit these on top waters.



Haven't been doing much cat hunting lately but I'm gonna switch it up and try again and see if we can't grab a 30lb flat head. giggity


Green pumpkin/black flack 5" senko.


And a little TBT.
__________________


OutRun
Racing

The ShoGun of Chicago

R.I.P. RAMON
Slolane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:34 PM   #554
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 157,242
Casino cash: $59048000
36.42 per day
Default

Baby face
__________________
- TCG Owner & Operator -
We're in the Google Play and iOS App stores!

Mook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:58 AM   #555
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,758
Casino cash: $124770000
6.81 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slolane View Post
What's up fellas. Been silently stalking this thread, figured I'd contribute some catches the last few weeks. Me and a couple buddies go out pretty regularly. Since @Eagle wants to know Baits used I'll share a few super duper secrets lol


Hit this first cast on a new bait the other day. Only highlight about it is the fact it was the first cast on a newly bait I bought that day lol used it a couple more times then switched it up.


We switched it up and played survival of the fittest. Used Taco Bell meat to snag some blue Gil and threw them on a bobber. Buddy grabbed this 2.6lber few feet off the shore right outside some vegetation.


Grabbed this hog Using a skirted jig/craw trailer


Buddy hit these on top waters.



Haven't been doing much cat hunting lately but I'm gonna switch it up and try again and see if we can't grab a 30lb flat head. giggity


Green pumpkin/black flack 5" senko.


And a little TBT.

Always mirin' your fishing posts on instagram
__________________
I recently had a sex change and bought a 10 Prius.

OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #556
Who's The Masta!?!
 
Slolane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posts: 7,484
Casino cash: $10323908
2.05 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffshoreDrilling View Post
Always mirin' your fishing posts on instagram
You mean Snapchat? lol I haven't posted much fishing stuff on IG. We gotta get Together some time and go out. @Mook likes to come and watch sometimes
Slolane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #557
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 6,237
Casino cash: $23817500
10.72 per day
Default

2nd cast. She was a big girl, at least 3 pounds, 18"+

Biggest I've caught in a few seasons



On this

Kensington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:12 PM   #558
 
wombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 12,381
Casino cash: $4293243
2.96 per day
Default

Where'd you pull that one in?
__________________
2014 Ford Focus ST3

Upload your pictures to TCG! See below:
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/foru...o-sharing.html

wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:12 PM   #559
Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
 
Mr. SBF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Kenosha County
Posts: 3,204
Casino cash: $8500
2.28 per day
Default

Nice with all you fuckers pond fishing I guess I am going to need to spend some time hitting up my secret bass spots to keep up posting fish as Musky are known as fish of 10,000 cast's...

When's the first anual Thechicagogarage fishing tournament?
Mr. SBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:23 PM   #560
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 6,237
Casino cash: $23817500
10.72 per day
Default

Another little 12" guy, that was really feisty.

Pond in Hoffman Estates, just north of Algonquin Rd on Algonquin...behind a Korean Church. Just east of Willow Creek
Kensington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:06 PM   #561
Who's The Masta!?!
 
Slolane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posts: 7,484
Casino cash: $10323908
2.05 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
Another little 12" guy, that was really feisty.

Pond in Hoffman Estates, just north of Algonquin Rd on Algonquin...behind a Korean Church. Just east of Willow Creek
Whoa whoa whoa. What you doing on my turf
There's some good spots in Hoffman that you wouldn't think had any sort of fish. But I gotta keep them locations hush hush
Slolane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #562
Who's The Masta!?!
 
Slolane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hoffman Estates
Posts: 7,484
Casino cash: $10323908
2.05 per day
Default

I saw someone on this thread post about that spillway by lake cook road and me and couple buddies went and checked it out. All 3 of us skunked out lol. Not even a bite.
Slolane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #563
 
wombat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wood Dale, IL
Posts: 12,381
Casino cash: $4293243
2.96 per day
Default

Went to songbird slough which is right by me, not even a nibble on 3 different baits in 2 hrs today.
OffshoreDrilling likes this.
wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #564
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,758
Casino cash: $124770000
6.81 per day
Default

Stopped at the pond I tried the other day. Three small bass, just threw everything. First one on a ned rig, second one on a shaky head and he last one on a white #3 mepps. That lake fucking eats lures. Man made and the whole thing has a liner. You sink a hook in it and you can't get it out. I've broken off 4 times now.


P40E and Kensington like this.
OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #565
 
Intel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,643
Casino cash: $31409525
1.35 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
Another little 12" guy, that was really feisty.

Pond in Hoffman Estates, just north of Algonquin Rd on Algonquin...behind a Korean Church. Just east of Willow Creek
Creeping in my neighborhood.
Intel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:42 AM   #566
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 6,237
Casino cash: $23817500
10.72 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slolane View Post
Whoa whoa whoa. What you doing on my turf
There's some good spots in Hoffman that you wouldn't think had any sort of fish. But I gotta keep them locations hush hush
I was usually at the lake on Freeman. Never usually got any big bass, but could always count on the numbers there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slolane View Post
I saw someone on this thread post about that spillway by lake cook road and me and couple buddies went and checked it out. All 3 of us skunked out lol. Not even a bite.
Buffalo Creek? I've been going there for years. It's been shit for the past few years. The lower pond has been terrible, and the upper pond is too over grown to get to anything. Plus every time I go there now I end up with ticks. And not just the harmless dog ticks, the deer ticks that cause Lhyme disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel View Post
Creeping in my neighborhood.
Palatine ain't got shit for fishing ponds...I know just about every square inch of it...only ponds I've had mild success at are little little ponds right off of Williams just south of Rand road
Kensington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #567
Bruh
 
DanJoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aurora
Posts: 27,967
Casino cash: $2147483647
6.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
2nd cast. She was a big girl, at least 3 pounds, 18"+

Biggest I've caught in a few seasons



On this

Big fan of those on the weightless rig. Can throw them into any sort of cover and not worry about snagging.
DanJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #568
 
Intel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,643
Casino cash: $31409525
1.35 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
Palatine ain't got shit for fishing ponds...I know just about every square inch of it...only ponds I've had mild success at are little little ponds right off of Williams just south of Rand road
I am right by the 3 lakes on freeman in hoffman. Just never knew people were pulling bass out of them. I do see a few people kayak fish those lakes.
Intel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:06 PM   #569
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 6,237
Casino cash: $23817500
10.72 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel View Post
I am right by the 3 lakes on freeman in hoffman. Just never knew people were pulling bass out of them. I do see a few people kayak fish those lakes.
Yeah I've been fishing that pond on Freeman for a few years now. Small bass, but good numbers out of there. Honestly, never would even think about throwing a kayak in there, the shore is super accessible all around, and there's some decent cover and structure along the shores. I usually work my way around the east end, by the little dock and parking lot.
Kensington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:07 PM   #570
 
Kensington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 6,237
Casino cash: $23817500
10.72 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJoy View Post
Big fan of those on the weightless rig. Can throw them into any sort of cover and not worry about snagging.
Agreed. I love the weightless Texas rig. Caught me a lot of bass. This Senko and color combo is killer.
Kensington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:34 PM   #571
Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
 
Mr. SBF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Kenosha County
Posts: 3,204
Casino cash: $8500
2.28 per day
Default

I probably caught damn near a hundred of these green sunfish in about an hour and half... lol
Great non stop action! Caught a few that were not much bigger than the size of the crankbait... Aggressive s.o.b's and were some fat basturds!
Attached Images
     
Mr. SBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:10 AM   #572
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,758
Casino cash: $124770000
6.81 per day
Default

its crazy how ballsy those things are
Mr. SBF likes this.
OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #573
Bruh
 
DanJoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aurora
Posts: 27,967
Casino cash: $2147483647
6.48 per day
Default



Somewhat related. We realized the bluegill under our dock would eat bread right out of our hands.
DanJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #574
This is my safe space
 
OffshoreDrilling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28,758
Casino cash: $124770000
6.81 per day
Default

they're good eating if you want to clean 10+ of them to have enough meat. Bluegill tacos
Chester Copperpot and BS ISF like this.
OffshoreDrilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #575
Bruh
 
DanJoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aurora
Posts: 27,967
Casino cash: $2147483647
6.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffshoreDrilling View Post
they're good eating if you want to clean 10+ of them to have enough meat. Bluegill tacos
Probably my favorite fish to eat. We had summer shandy shore lunch battered bluegill for lunch one day. Didn't catch them off the dock though since it kind of seemed like shooting fish in a barrel, no pun intended.
OffshoreDrilling likes this.
DanJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts