Ketosis

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
Wanted to try something different, so I started doing this a few days ago. I'm using Kegenix for anyone interested in that, I can provide results at the end of the 30 days. This is with being in the gym 4-5 days a week and pretty strict diet to maintain ketosis. I've had major back problems over the past year that has keep me largely inactive. I bought a new bed and all the back problems went away. So I'm taking advantage of this time being mobile and pain free to get back into shape.

Anyone have experiencing with doing this kind of diet? How did it make you feel?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Ketosis is the primary weight loss factor in Atkins diets. I'm a huge fan of dieting on Atkins, but the first week or two are properly rough. I've been wanting to get back on it but need my wife to be on-board for it as well to make it work for me... If you fall off the horse you will gain the weight back in a hurry.

After the first week or so, you typically do have a TON more energy which is really nice once your body has basically 'switched over' to Ketosis mode.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I did do keto (CKD flavor) and was very successful. I lost 23# and dropped all the way to 220#, lowest I'd been since high school.

It's not an easy diet. You must drop all sugar, sodas, and carbs. You must intake all the fat prescribed by your diet goals. You almost certainly need to use a tracker like myfitnesspal setup to meet your keto goals. You also should invest in pee sticks so you can VERIFY that you're getting into and staying in ketosis.

It does work. As already stated, it's tough to get your body into the first cycle. You'll have headaches and feel groggy. But once you're in cycle for 2-3 days you get a crazy clarity. I felt heat once I could cycle in and out easily in 1-2 days.

It's worth a. Shot if weight is contributing to your back problems.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
carb withdrawls will exceed or at least meet most hard street drug withdrawls :io:

A junk food addiction is a lot more like a drug addiction than researchers previously thought. They now claim sugar is eight times more addictive than cocaine.

Dr. Nicole Avena of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai tells The Huffington Post that pizza is the most addictive food by far due to the hidden sugar you'll find in just once slice. The tomato sauce on the pizza, for example, can have more sugar than a few Oreos.

Other extremely addictive foods are chips, cookies and ice cream.

Cucumbers are the least addictive food, followed by carrots and beans.

Study: Sugar hidden in junk food eight times more addictive than cocaine | abc13.com

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I felt like complete ass for the first couple weeks but once your body gets used to it it's not too bad, you will start craving sweets like crazy though or at least I did and I don't even like sweet things, a diet pop would help with the cravings though, I used it to drop that last 10 lbs several years ago

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
Well, Kegenix is taking out the waiting period and feeling like shit portion of ketosis. I've been on it for 3 days and feel pretty good. I am also on some other shit which makes me feel great but that's a different story.

I like having a glass of orange juice before my workouts, but from what I understand, it goes against remaining in ketosis. Would I be right to assume orange juice no longer fits within this diet?

I'm not familiar with Kegenix, but I'm a big fan of keto. I started back in fall of '12 in preparation for my wedding in the fall of '13. I had had good results with low carb diets before that and realized the only time I put weight back on was when I started to reintroduce carbs. I was addicted to them...silly as it sounds. While on keto I've gone from my highest of 377lbs down to 219lbs (this morning). I was able to drop all the way down to 240ish without adding any exercise and simply changing what foods I ate.

There is a lot of good info over on Keto Reddit. Since you said you also workout, I'd also suggest checking out Keto Gains. It's targeted at people who are looking to weight lift and do endurance type activities. It's helped me a lot as I've recently started biking a lot more. I regularly do 30-70 mile rides.

As has already been mentioned, you'll go through sugar withdrawals and might even get "keto flu". But I promise you, it will pass. The best advice I was given and try to pass on to people trying it is to drink LOTS AND LOTS of water. No shit...drink as much as you can and then drink some more just in case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info