Draft Kings Sues Lisa Madigan

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
In response to Lisa Madigan saying betting on fantasy football is illegal, Draft Kings has filed a lawsuit in Illinois against her. If she wins, it may become illegal to be in a for money fantasy football league (according to Draft Kings).

FanDuel, the second major daily fantasy sports operator, issued a statement to CBS Chicago in response to Madigan's opinion on Wednesday.

"Chicago may be the best sports town in the country... So why the Attorney General would tell her 13.5 million constituents they can't play fantasy sports anymore as they know it -- and make no mistake, her opinion bans all forms of fantasy sports played for money -- is beyond us," the statement said. "Hopefully the legislature will give back to the people of Illinois the games they love. A sports town like Chicago and a sports loving state like Illinois deserves nothing less."

It's going to be interesting to see how this turns out. Online poker tried to use the game of skill argument and failed. Will fantasy football do better?

DraftKings files lawsuit against Illinois attorney general - CBS News

In other news, Illinois lottery sales are still doing very well. It's OK to run a game of chance... if you're the government.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
sooo umm illinois actually paying out to lottery winners now or still handing out iou's?

after the draft king / fan duel insider scheme where they raked in millions from people playing i cant say i have any pity for either of them.

kind of lost the whole benifit of a doubt thing. both seem shady to me and someones always looking to fuck the system at someone elses expense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Flyn
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list