Activity trackers

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
ibm was willing to buy me one although i never took them up or it or some of the other incentives they offered. derp.

i do have a fitbit one that busted and got another from the company as a replacement, although i never re-enabled it. fun at first but kind of lost the interest in it. more fun if you have friends with them and can be social.

it would definitely be a lot more interesting with something that captured heart rate. my understanding is that it is difficult to capture accurately, at least in the past.

a cool thing about the one is it could track stairs, aside from just steps. would go a little crazy in stiff suspension of brz and require manual fixing though on website.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
My kids just bought me the Fitbit Charge HR for my B Day a couple weeks ago. I really like it, can't compare it to anything else as I never used another device. Sinks up with My Fitness Pal. HR monitoring isn't 100% accurate, but pretty damn close, I have the chest strap thing for HR with my treadmill at home. I wore that a few times and monitored the Fitbit for a few miles and was always pretty close. Sometimes it counts a few extra steps and once in a while I will wake up in the morning and it says I had like 30-40 steps in my sleep, lol.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
ibm was willing to buy me one although i never took them up or it or some of the other incentives they offered. derp.

i do have a fitbit one that busted and got another from the company as a replacement, although i never re-enabled it. fun at first but kind of lost the interest in it. more fun if you have friends with them and can be social.

it would definitely be a lot more interesting with something that captured heart rate. my understanding is that it is difficult to capture accurately, at least in the past.

a cool thing about the one is it could track stairs, aside from just steps. would go a little crazy in stiff suspension of brz and require manual fixing though on website.

Yup this one does all that, stairs and heart rate, will log heart rate throughout sleep to get a good resting average, I'll compare HR to blood pressure tester a couple times to see how accurate.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The heart rate is pretty good on the HR. When you start exercising I've read it takes a minute to catch up and there might be better options in that department, but overall the HR is the best in it's class.

My sister came over who has the surge. For an extra 100 and all it really has is a bigger screen and gps, I didn't think it was worth it imo.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
m-m-m-maximum fits and bits achieved

12688029_10103178009530529_1114129421576685407_n.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info