Exercise Pills?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
They may be coming. Scientists are working to develop pills that will either mimic the effects of exercising or, at least, build muscle faster and increase exercise benefits for people who take them.

So-called “exercise pills” are made from compounds that have been shown—mostly in studies done in animals—to mimic one or more of the effects of exercise, like developing new blood vessels, forming new mitochondria in cells or increasing the body’s capacity for exercise. “They’ll let you get muscles that are stronger and faster and reach your exercise goals much quicker,” Laher says.

But no single pill can reproduce every benefit exercise has on the body. Popping an exercise pill won’t flood you with endorphins, for instance, while also making your bones stronger. speeding up the blood flow through your arteries and making your heart beat faster, Laher says. “It’s a very small slice of the pie.”

What exercise pills can do is largely localized to muscles, the new review finds. “You’re increasing efficiency of ATP, the currency by which every cell goes about its daily life,” Laher says.

Exercise Pills May Be In Our Future, But Are Workouts Over?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
So do I still need to exercise or no?

As of right now, yes. In the future, who knows?

How cool would it be to take a pill every day and, three months later, admire your six pack? Imagine what the cost of these will be. I'm betting $5-$10 per pill unless one of the profit mongering investment companies buys the corp. that develops them. Then the sky is the limit and they will charge all the market will bear.

Even if the pills do nothing more than double your muscle building, they will still be wanted by everyone who works out.

It would be great if insurance companies decide the pills are worth paying for to lessen the costs of obesity diseases. More likely, these will be out of pocket drugs that we have to pay for.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm out

272909002.gif

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Wont happen. There is no way the pills are going to introduce enough muscular hypertrophy to make any difference. All of us have gone through a stint of working out. Think of how much energy you have expended to induce muscle damage to make your muscles grow. Relatively intense, coupled with some resemblance of a diet to make any noticeable change in a minimum of 6 weeks.

zero replacement for true physical activity and nutrition.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Fuck, i would market it too if I could come up with some research that said theres an iota of similarity that xyz chemical/pill had similar effects as actually performing exercise. People want a shortcut for everything and are willing to pony up the money to get it. If you're not intelligent enough to do any research, more power to you for losing your money. A fool and his money are easily separated.

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
no replacement for displacement. lmmfao.

one of the reasons l love to work out is the discipline it takes to accomplish the goals you set for yourself. fuck motivation or will power. those are a joke. they don't last. DISCIPLINE is what separates the men from the boys. when I first started lifting and setting small goals I had a ton of guys who "wanted to work out". what I found is that most people in life will make any excuse possible to avoid working out.
I feel like smashing that discipline day in and day out is what separates me from the weak willed.

how many people put their own health in front of EVERY OTHER THING IN LIFE???? very few.

I absolutely love walking in somewhere and people say "holy shit your a big guy, do you workout?" I always chuckle and humbly say "no I'm just big boned" :fy:

I would never try something like this because I feel like your health and fitness is something that cant be bought! you have to earn it. when I used to build cars, enthusiasts never gave any respect to the guys who went out and bought their built muscle cars...they were lame. earning your stripes building something of your own was way more self gratifying than buying something done and finished.

im going to patent my "muscles must be built not bought!" shirts today. jk.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Hydroxycut back in the day would legit work, back when it was still had ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin. Used to take it at the end of football season and into wrestling season to make weight and it worked wonders. You can still make your own ECA stack, but probably not worth the health risks.

And if you want muscle just get enhanced. If you take the sauce without abusing it you can put on a bunch of muscle with minimal side effects, but this still requires hard work in the gym. Again, probably not worth the health risks though.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Well, of course, exercise pills work. I use those from https://getbigbutt.com/butt-enhancement-pills/ and I see the effect. But I still have to work hard, train a lot and eat in a proper way in order to achieve necessary results. So, maybe new pills will make the process faster, but I'm sure they will require training. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

nice spam....only you commented on a thread from 3 years ago :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info