2015-2016 NFL Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
CB Charles Tillman looks to be headed to Carolina and a reunion with Ron Rivera.

From Redzone:

The Carolina Panthers are expected to sign veteran cornerback Charles Tillman, Adam Caplan of ESPN reports citing a league source.

Tillman will be entering his 13th season. Panthers coach Ron Rivera was his defensive coordiantor from 2004-2006.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
TEBOW!!!

If that deal is anything more than league minimum, then Chip Kelly should be fired. Right now, the Eagles will have 5 QB's on their roster, according to their website...

Sam Bradford
Mark Sanchez
Matt Barkley
G.J. Kinne
Tim Tebow

I'm assuming they are only taking 3 of those into the regular season, so it's going to be a toss up who makes that last roster spot....Barkley or Tebow

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I don't know why Cleveland would turn this down. Seems a reasonable price to pay to move up to #2 and grab the QB they supposedly want.

If Tennessee doesn't already have a trade in place before draft day, They will probably take the entire 15 mins. to talk deals.

Cleveland idiotically took Manziel and now seem to be tossing him away after only one year. They keep having people connected to the team talking about their disarray. The last interview I saw with their head coach had him pushing all responsibility to the GM. The owner runs the team like a truck stop chain and has issues. In general, it's a f'd up franchise.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I don't know why Cleveland would turn this down. Seems a reasonable price to pay to move up to #2 and grab the QB they supposedly want.

If Tennessee doesn't already have a trade in place before draft day, They will probably take the entire 15 mins. to talk deals.

Cleveland idiotically took Manziel and now seem to be tossing him away after only one year. They keep having people connected to the team talking about their disarray. The last interview I saw with their head coach had him pushing all responsibility to the GM. The owner runs the team like a truck stop chain and has issues. In general, it's a f'd up franchise.

The Browns need those picks. As you alluded to, their franchise is a disaster. Two middle first rounders and a high middle second rounder to move up 10 spots is a hefty price. That should be three starters, if you draft properly.

Manziel was going to bust if he went to the Browns, Jets, Redskins, Raiders. He needs a franchise that knows how to control young out-of-control guys, and can develop them. None of those franchises have shown that ability in the past, and Manziel is a perfect example of it with the Browns.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Bob Holtzman of ESPN spoke to Titans GM Ruston Webster who mentioned that they’re currently in trade talks with three-four teams regarding the No. 2 overall pick.

Webster referred to the trade talks “fairly substantial” but added that they would like to stay in top half of round one.

Jay Glazer reports that the Titans telling teams inquiring about the No. 2 pick that it’s going to take a “huge value” for them to trade the selection.

According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, three first-round picks are just the starting point in trade talk with Tennessee.

Other reports have said that the Titans could ultimately elect to hold onto the pick and take Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.

:rofl: good luck with that

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! (sort of)

The Deflategate report is in! Certain Patriots are "more probable than not" to have intentionally deflated balls. How's that for a definitive judgement from the NFL after months of investigation?

Punishment (if any) to follow...

From Rotoworld:

Ted Wells released his "DeflateGate" report Wednesday and found that it's "more probable than not" that the Patriots manipulated the footballs in the AFC Championship game.
"It is more probable than not that Patriots personnel participated in violations of the Playing Rules and were involved in a deliberate effort to circumvent the rules," Wells concluded. "In particular, we have concluded that it is more probable than not that Jim McNally [the Officials Locker Room attendant for the Patriots] and John Jastremski [an equipment assistant for the Patriots] participated in a deliberate effort to release air from Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee. Based on the evidence, it also is our view that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities." Brady doesn't come out well in the 243-page report, but Patriots higher-ups like coach Bill Belichick and owner Robert Kraft may have been unaware of the wrongdoings. It's now up to the NFL to hand out discipline.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Holy loose wording. Tom Brady was probably maybe potentially somewhat possibly aware that maybe sort of that the footballs could have possibly or maybe not but maybe had less air in them.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I wish the media would report fact...the speculation is rampant even more so in this case than usual. There's no direct evidence, and even IF he did deflate the footballs there's nothing to prove it. It's a witchunt that the media is grasping to and loves every second of it.

The today show this morning's TOP story was, "The report is out, and Tom Brady could have possibly deflated the footballs, suspension looming."

Get the fuck out of here. Reporting isn't even real anymore, and it's aggravating on an entire new level. I don't even like the Patriots, but jesus, let me know when you get something concrete.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
They want a year suspension for him :bowrofl:

NFL fans would fucking riot. God, the NFL is such a bunch of pussies.

THE DEFLATED BALL DID NOT CAUSE THE PATRIOTS TO WIN.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
A couple retired athletes came on ESPN yesterday and were talking about how they used to Vaseline their bodies and slather Stick-um on their hands. Atlanta pumped crowd noise into the stadium. That's the NFL. It's not the pure as snow organization it wants people to think it is.

Brady will get a 1, maybe 2 game suspension at most. Might only be a fine.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Ouch! Dante Fowler, the third pick in the NFL draft tore his ACL today. Out for the entire season.

Redzone:

Dante Fowler Jr., the Jaguars No. 3 overall selection by the Jaguars in the 2015 NFL Draft, sustained a torn anterior cruciate ligament in the team’s first rookie minicamp practice Friday, the team confirmed. He is expected to miss the 2015 season.

Fowler, who played collegiately at the University of Florida, went down holding his left knee during a team drill midway through the practice at the Florida Blue Health and Wellness Practice Fields. He was rushing the passer in a team drill, and though he was being blocked by tryout right tackle Watts Dantzler, there didn’t appear to be significant contact between the players.

Fowler, who had been working early in practice at the team’s Leo pass rusher positon – the position the team expects him to play in Bradley’s defense – left the field with the help of trainers. He did not appear to be putting significant weight on the leg.

Trainers attended to Fowler before he was taken inside EverBank Field – which is adjacent to the team’s practice fields – on a cart.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
It's looking like Brady will get suspended. Over/Under is 2 games.

Belichick may also get a fine/suspension. Question is how long. Payton got an entire season. Patriots don't have a lot of friends in the league so they may get hammered.

Rotoworld:

Citing "several key sources," the New York Daily News reports Roger Goodell is expected to announce Tom Brady's suspension next week.
The Daily News' Gary Myers writes, "it is no longer a matter of if the NFL commissioner will suspend Brady, but for how long he will suspend him." Myers reports there is "little doubt" Goodell considers Brady's ball-deflation tactics "a serious violation," and that the Ted Wells investigation shows "Brady cheated." Myers' "feeling" is Brady will be suspended for only two games, which would be good news after CSN New England reported the Patriots are "bracing" for a 6-8 game ban. Myers hints that Bill Belichick may also face discipline for "ignorance" in the matter, a la Sean Payton following the BountyGate scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info