New whey protein brand: Rule 1 Proteins

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
So I just started working for a new nutritional supplement manufacturer that very recently launched their first product, which is a really clean whey protein. Obviously, there are a few people here into weights, working out, sports, etc, so I thought this would be a good place to mention it. Right now, they are giving away a "sample kit" for free which has a sample packet of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry (no matter what flavor you pick, you will get the whole kit). If you're into protein supplements, it's definitely worth checking out. It just got a really good review in Muscular Development as their "muscle builder of the month". I've only tried the chocolate so far, but for being made entirely from whey isolate and hydrolysate for protein sources, it's pretty damn good! There should be a link to the page with the free samples in the Facebook link below.

https://www.facebook.com/ruleoneproteins

EDIT: Feel free to get in on the deal, and please like the FB page! :bigthumb: The more response they see, the more license they'll give me to run promos through FB. Trying to get them to OK something extra for TCG in the future, so when you order the sample packs, let me know you're from TCG in the order notes to show them it would be worth it to do so. :D Thanks a lot, guys!

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL

For the free samples? :drums: But seriously...

I don't know how long they're going to run their sale prices for, but right now, they're being very aggressive with the pricing on the site. As Tonz stated, the 2.4lb is $29.99, and the 4.8lb is $53.99 (free shipping), which makes them around the same price, if not cheaper than the most popular whey concentrate proteins out there, which are no where near as clean.

Thanks to those who already did so, but for those that haven't yet, don't forget to like the FB page, too! The more response they see, the more license they'll give me to run promos through FB. Trying to get them to OK something extra for TCG in the future, so when you order the sample packs, let me know you're from TCG in the order notes to show them it would be worth it to do so. :D Thanks a lot, guys!

Last edited:
There are a ton of shady companies in this unregulated industry as it is. Being a TV only company that offers a "free trial" is pretty much a red flag to me in ANY industry, let alone the nutritional supplements one. And just as I suspected (because it's almost ALWAYS the case with these offers), you are agreeing to sign up for auto-ship by taking the free bottle.

ā€  - $4.95 shipping applies. By accepting the free bottle offer you will be enrolled in our Super Saver program, locking in the low Super Saver price of just $34.95 per bottle. As a Super Saver you will receive three bottles every 90 days.

lol, "locking in the low price". More like locking you into automatic charges to your credit card as they force you to take 3 bottles every 3 months. That's $105 + shipping every 3 months. :ugh: Sure, you can try to cancel it afterwards, but it is a serious, time consuming pain. Your credit card company won't stop the charges because you agreed to the terms when you took the free bottle, so their hands are tied ("I didn't read the fine print" is not a legal argument). You have to go back and forth with the company selling the stuff to get them to finally cancel the auto ship. Trust me, I've had many customers get into this mess when the Green Coffee Bean craze first hit, and people were jumping all over the free offers on TV. It was a nightmare for them to get the charges to stop.

Secondly, Creapure is the trademarked 99.9% pure German micronized creatine monohydrate. Any bottle that shows Creapure as its creatine source is using the same raw material. Creatine monohydrate has been dirt cheap for several years, now. You're better off just going to a store and buying some for an entire $15 or so. Off the top of my head, I know Optimum Nutrition (at least in powder), AllMax Nutrition and Universal still use CreaPure. Some of the other brands that USED to (Prolab, Ultimate Nutrition, etc) no longer do. Just look for the logo on the label.

Last edited:

RossiGTP

Young Gun
Oct 23, 2008
Portage
Real Name
Cody Rossi
Just got my samples in today. Won't have a chance to try it till Thursday. I did however compare the nutrition facts to my current protein (syntha-6) and it is all around better in every category(less calories, little to no fat, 3 grams more protein, less sodium and carbs etc.). That alone makes me want to switch. I will be switching just going to try the samples to figure out which flavor I like better. Thanks for pointing this stuff out. I

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
Just got my samples in today. Won't have a chance to try it till Thursday. I did however compare the nutrition facts to my current protein (syntha-6) and it is all around better in every category(less calories, little to no fat, 3 grams more protein, less sodium and carbs etc.). That alone makes me want to switch. I will be switching just going to try the samples to figure out which flavor I like better. Thanks for pointing this stuff out. I

I received my samples today as well. I also use syntha-6 as my preworkout and dymatize elite gourmet as my post and night shake.

I haven't had a chance to compare ingredients yet. will post back later.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
;)

I mixed the vanilla powder with orange juice, one of my favorite combos and it tasted really good. I used a shaker bottle with whisk ball and the powder mixed really well with no clumping.

So far no ill effects on my stomach like gasiness or bloating. My stomach is usually not effected by this, but I am currently using the Syntha-6 powder and it has that effect on me. I have been using the Optimum Nutrition powder for the longest time with great results. If the Rule1 stuff is good after the next 2 packets I will definitely switch up from the Syntha-6 and/or Optimum Nutrition.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info