College Basketball

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Anybody else watch college basketball? This season has been very interesting so far and the Illini have been the surprise of the year. I think they started out ranked something like 70, and as of today are ranked #10 in the country.

airguitarbro.0_standard_730.0.gif

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
4 wins against top 15 teams will look good come selection time even if the Illini's conference record against a strong Big 10 isn't all that stellar. They are basically an inconsistent team that can play up or down to their level of competition. Fun and frustrating to watch all in the same game sometimes...

Regardless, this still stands: No party in the Champaign room for the Hoosiers tonight!!!!

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
4 wins against top 15 teams will look good come selection time even if the Illini's conference record against a strong Big 10 isn't all that stellar. They are basically an inconsistent team that can play up or down to their level of competition. Fun and frustrating to watch all in the same game sometimes...

Regardless, this still stands: No party in the Champaign room for the Hoosiers tonight!!!!

Yes those wins will look good. All I am saying is they need to win 1-2 of the next 3 games. They also need to beat the lesser teams like Iowa, Penn State and Nebraska.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Yes those wins will look good. All I am saying is they need to win 1-2 of the next 3 games. They also need to beat the lesser teams like Iowa, Penn State and Nebraska.

No they don't. Are you crazy? I think if they lose out the rest of the year they would still have a good chance at making the tournament. Their strength of schedule is one of the best in college.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
^ I disagree. While that win the other night was huge, they are going to have to continue to play at a high level to get a bid to the tourney. Start losing games on the stretch here and you'll get an NIT bid. Not saying the ranked wins aren't great though.

And yes I've been watching a ton of college bball, I've done brackets every year since 1999 with people and love this time of year. I'm personally a big 12 leg humper only because I went to school in the big 12 so I'm bias. Unrelated though I really like Gonzaga, and think OK St is a huge sleeper.

Either way it's been a crazy season of upsets, March will be no different.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
No they don't. Are you crazy? I think if they lose out the rest of the year they would still have a good chance at making the tournament. Their strength of schedule is one of the best in college.

They were considered "Last 4 in" before that win. They are not that high on the list right now. Lose out and they won't even get a top NIT seed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info